• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Politics Discussion

I really wonder how this will influence the election, and mind I’m very careful about what I say because karma is a b*tch and always listening at the worst possible time. My partner doubts highly that Trump will die from this, because he has access to the very best medical care, and they aren’t going to let him inject himself with Clorox.

So this goes 1 of two ways. He get extremely ill and takes several weeks to recover, preventing him from campaigning or making a mockery of any more debates. Certainly he won’t allow himself to be seen while he’s recovering, which means no public appearances running up to the election. And possibly, hopefully, a chunk of his base will perceive this as weakness and he loses their vote.

Or he gets very ill, but recovers rapidly, or has a very mild case of the disease. His base begins crowing about how strong and healthy Trump clearly is, and his recovery leads those on the fence to decide that incumbent, COVID survivor Trump is a far better bet than senile Joe Biden.

Granted there’s a thousand other ways this could play out, and frankly none of this makes me more hopeful about how the election will go. I’m still just in wait and see mode. But I did feel a glimmer of excitement when I heard the news, before I tamped it down.

I really wonder how this will influence the election, and mind I’m very careful about what I say because karma is a b*tch and always listening at the worst possible time. My partner doubts highly that Trump will die from this, because he has access to the very best medical care, and they aren’t going to let him inject himself with Clorox.

So this goes 1 of two ways. He get extremely ill and takes several weeks to recover, preventing him from campaigning or making a mockery of any more debates. Certainly he won’t allow himself to be seen while he’s recovering, which means no public appearances running up to the election. And possibly, hopefully, a chunk of his base will perceive this as weakness and he loses their vote.

Or he gets very ill, but recovers rapidly, or has a very mild case of the disease. His base begins crowing about how strong and healthy Trump clearly is, and his recovery leads those on the fence to decide that incumbent, COVID survivor Trump is a far better bet than senile Joe Biden.

Granted there’s a thousand other ways this could play out, and frankly none of this makes me more hopeful about how the election will go. I’m still just in wait and see mode. But I did feel a glimmer of excitement when I heard the news, before I tamped it down.
My feeling has been all along that there are so very few undecided voters and that nothing he says or does or happens to him will change the outcome of the election. But I’d be lying if I said I was saddened by his illness. :001_smile:

Congratulations Jay on your 3.5 years of sobriety. :thumbup: Long may it continue.

That totally slipped by me. Jaybifla - I have some close friends and some family members who have had their own issues with alcohol. It is a big deal that you have 3.5 years of sobriety and may there be many happy returns of that anniversary.

The White House today was issuing bulletins that he had mild symptoms. Of course, one would expect them to do so. The markets went down across the board when the news broke since the markets do NOT like insecurity. He is supposed to stay inside for 14 days but if he is feeling well he will want to break that as quickly as possible. He will want to be back in front of crowds of people because for him, that is the only way he can win. His campaign will do all they can to work this for sympathy and I expect we will see some feelers from the more distanced hangers-on [who can always be relied upon to do as they are told but are distant enough to be disavowed if it goes wrong] claiming that the election should be postponed until he is well.

One of the latest from the Twitterverse

Padma Lakshmi
@PadmaLakshmi
Just gonna leave this here...
1:43 AM · Oct 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Melania.jpg

This is Melania in Texas visiting the children at the border being kept in concentration camps/cages that Trump and Stephen Miller put them in.

MelaniaTR.jpg

Congratulations Jay on your 3.5 years of sobriety. :thumbup: Long may it continue.

That totally slipped by me. Jaybifla - I have some close friends and some family members who have had their own issues with alcohol. It is a big deal that you have 3.5 years of sobriety and may there be many happy returns of that anniversary.

thank you so much. xo

One of the latest from the Twitterverse

Padma Lakshmi
@PadmaLakshmi
Just gonna leave this here...
1:43 AM · Oct 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

View attachment 23824

This is Melania in Texas visiting the children at the border being kept in concentration camps/cages that Trump and Stephen Miller put them in.

View attachment 23825

Perfect. My partner Mark cape up with this same idea.

I just saw a fabulous tweet by the fabulous Miss M, she said RBG has just successfully argued her first case before God.

So sad to read such nasty comments about Donald Trump and his wife's Covid19 infections. Whatever or however your president has done or upset you, there is no need for this. He is a father and husband, remember that.

So sad to read such nasty comments about Donald Trump and his wife's Covid19 infections. Whatever or however your president has done or upset you, there is no need for this. He is a father and husband, remember that.
Jon, perhaps you need to live in this country or to very closely follow what he says and does day by day to understand the contempt that so many of us feel for this man. I truly believe with my heart and with my soul, that he is the most dangerous, despicable person by far to ever occupy the Oval Office. It is very difficult to feel any sympathy for this totally evil man who it is my belief has done irreparable harm to this once great nation of ours.

Jon, perhaps you need to live in this country or to very closely follow what he says and does day by day to understand the contempt that so many of us feel for this man. I truly believe with my heart and with my soul, that he is the most dangerous, despicable person by far to ever occupy the Oval Office. It is very difficult to feel any sympathy for this totally evil man who it is my belief has done irreparable harm to this once great nation of ours.

No one should wish illness on anyone, no matter who he or she is or what he or she has done. If that is you showing your true colours then I've totally misjudged you in the 10 years or so that we've been chatting. Anyone who thinks like that is no friend of mine. Bye

No one should wish illness on anyone, no matter who he or she is or what he or she has done. If that is you showing your true colours then I've totally misjudged you in the 10 years or so that we've been chatting. Anyone who thinks like that is no friend of mine. Bye
Say bye if you wish, Jon. I never said I wanted him to die, but I look at the 200,000 Americans who have died from the virus and I think his lying to the people contributed to that staggering number. It is in his own words on tape in Bob Woodward's book that he always knew how dangerous the virus was but he wanted to "downplay" it because he didn't want people to panic, (meaning for the stock market to crash which was the one issue he was hoping to get reelected on. He is a very bad man who has done terrible things to the American people through both ignorance and malice. He never had any business being a president. He is a failed businessman who found his one true financial success as a host of a reality TV show. That being said, I don't want him to die, but I feel worse about those who listened to his lies and may have caught the virus and died because they believed him. It has always been all about him, his children and his rich friends and never the citizens of the U.S.

Say bye if you wish, Jon. I never said I wanted him to die, but I look at the 200,000 Americans who have died from the virus and I think his lying to the people contributed to that staggering number. It is in his own words on tape in Bob Woodward's book that he always knew how dangerous the virus was but he wanted to "downplay" it because he didn't want people to panic, (meaning for the stock market to crash which was the one issue he was hoping to get reelected on. He is a very bad man who has done terrible things to the American people through both ignorance and malice. He never had any business being a president. He is a failed businessman who found his one true financial success as a host of a reality TV show. That being said, I don't want him to die, but I feel worse about those who listened to his lies and may have caught the virus and died because they believed him. It has always been all about him, his children and his rich friends and never the citizens of the U.S.

Amen, it’s not that we want him to die but it is curious how Karma can work. We have another British friend that seems to be a lot more forgiving of Trump. I guess its easier to ignore how seriously awful he is and his corrupt family from across the pond.

Well Jon, while I am not insinuating that this applies to your personally. I was also shocked as an American from a cultural standpoint when I saw so many Brits literally dancing in the streets and having street parties with wine and champagne following the death of Margaret Thatcher. And the fact that radio stations around the U.K. were flooded with requests to play the song from The Wizard of Oz..."Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is Dead."

I was not a fan of all of her policies. But I did admire her for being dubbed by Gorbachev, "The Iron Lady". When I went through my own angst at seeing a woman I never completely agreed with politically, but still respected...being treated so harshly and impolitely in death, I was told in the media that this was a quirk of British culture that the famous (or infamous) dead who are not well liked in life are not always expected to be treated with any faux respect and dignity at their passing. The other caveat being that we Americans had a much more idealized and romanticized concept of her all the way across the pond than those in Britain who actually had to live and suffer directly under many of her government's policies. The implication being that we Americans didn't know the true Thatcher because we had the safety, security and perhaps a good bit of Yankee naivete afforded by distance...to shield us from the true societal implications of those in the Realm whose lives her policies made worse.

Living over here (directly and daily) under the rule of Trump's regime is no picnic. It's deadly serious stuff right now what he is doing to our democracy. Forgive me if I can't find total or even faux sympathy for someone who is steadfastly trying to turn his regime into a nascent fascist dictatorship.

I don't wish him dead. But the fact (among many, many other egregious transgressions having to do with the virus) that he caught Covid after telling his supporters that Covid was all a Democratic hoax and that his Republican supporters shouldn't even be imposed upon enough to even wear masks... And that masks are just for cowardly liberals... Well he got what was coming to him.

I don’t want him to die either. I actually want him to recover and then I want him to lose the election and go to prison.