• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

out of respect

Aladinsane73,

It's your decision to make of course, but I think Dande01 makes a great point. In any case, thank you very much for posting this most interesting thread.

Aladinsane73, I can understand where you are coming from. I, too, have been there.

I'm a taper. I have recorded bands, mostly in clubs but lately in my living room, for over 30 years. I was especially close to a local band and its leader in the 1990s. He died of cancer in 1997 and I watched him suffer as he failed. I still have never listened to the final show I taped. Life was slipping away from my friend during that show and listening to it would bring back too much pain.

Go in peace, Aladinsane73. :001_smile:

never say never

You do realize that as of April 1st, Mark is uploading a whole new Broke Straight Boys site. I know the old footage will still be available but there will be a new set, a new futon and all new boys and a new voice behind the camera so don't you think you should at least give the new Broke Straight Boys a chance?

maybe I need a break, some time to work through what I'm feeling right now, your offer is very interesting, I believe a rest from the everyday reminders might do the trick, if you folks don't mind a drama queen on your site, LOL, you could see me this way again soon, I really like the members so far, that was the one thing that tore me up when deciding to leave. remember I've always said that "I feel things deeply", and you guys have already gotten to me pretty good, DAMN YOU, LOL,:waw: LOL, so if you guys and gals will have me, I might pop up again real soon..............till next time friends

fuck all of you

OKAY: Please read this...Joe is extremely intoxicated right now and not himself. I am currently on the phone with him and I asked why he just posted that and he doesn't have a memory of posting it. Please excuse him, he doesn't actually mean it.

I've been chatting with a highly intoxicated and unhappy Joey all evening. Please overlook his last post. He's not feeling quite himself:(:(:( Think happy thoughts for our JW, please. I know it seems right in line with something he would say, just look at his disclaimer... but he's really out of sorts and he needs some good will.

Thanks. xoxoxo to all of you:)

hey dude, it's only me

fuck all of you

you know what? I feel you, big time......sometimes the shit just gets to be too much, and I of all people understand...and lately it's been really deep, so don't sweat the small stuff dude, and your post is small stuff, don't worry yourself about it, hang in there and don't let the BASTARDS get you down. I've been through alot of shit myself these past several years, just two years ago I suffered a disability and ended up without a job, then I had to learn how to live my life in a whole new way from a wheelchair, now that's FUCKED UP DUDE!! So just remember when you think nobody knows what your going through, I'm here to tell you I feel you dude, BIG TIME!! your ok in my book, because you know when to just speak your mind and be damned honest with yourself and others, NO OFFENCE TAKEN HERE!!

^^^Thanks man. Joe is having a rough go with life today, and I hope everyone else on this forum sees his post the way you do. I know that Joe speaks his mind and often pushes the boundaries of what is acceptable, but tonight I hope everyone gives my Boo a get out of jail free card.

^^^Thanks man. Joe is having a rough go with life today, and I hope everyone else on this forum sees his post the way you do. I know that Joe speaks his mind and often pushes the boundaries of what is acceptable, but tonight I hope everyone gives my Boo a get out of jail free card.

no problem,,,,,,:001_rolleyes: if all of us would be honest, we've all been there, I just read some of his other posts on bullying, and God oh God do I know his trials, I lived through it myself, and my heart went out to him, I bet you anything he has a heart so big his body has a hard time holding it. He also feels deeply, I can tell...........I can't wait to get to know this salty bird a little more, he seems like the kind of guy you could sit and talk about shit for hours, just my kind of friend........... tell him aladinsane 73 looks forward to shootin the shit with him!!! till next time friend..............

kinda ironic i posted that on the "out of respect" thread...i cant reason away my blatant disrespect, but i am sorry. there are probably about 90% of the people here i would say that to, but i would never say it so abruptly. thats just not my style. my fangs drip with venom, i dont rely on my claws and jaw to rip and tear. look forward to my bite in the future.

jwglass>>I sincerely hope you live long enough to GROW-UP... someday!! :thumbdown:

I love Joe and care very deeply for him. He has been a wonderful confidante, very supportive and loving to me when I have needed a shoulder to cry on or someone to listen to me vent. He also makes me laugh until I wet my panties sometimes, too. I know him and what's in his heart. I am fortunate that way.

Even if I didn't know him, only knew him from his posts on the forum, like I know most of you here, that I'd know when he was in pain, or happy, or pissed off just from reading his posts. It's so obvious. Come on. The man is an open book.

I prefer to read between the lines and try to get to the bottom of things that I initially find offensive here. It keeps me from jumping to conclusions and judging the members of the forum unfairly. Even the ones who repeatedly piss me off.

Before anyone gets upset Joe is only banned until 2pm on the 26th. I have actually received several concerned messages and emails asking WTF?!?!?!. So stay tuned. He'll be back after his time-out.

Before anyone gets upset Joe is only banned until 2pm on the 26th. I have actually received several concerned messages and emails asking WTF?!?!?!. So stay tuned. He'll be back after his time-out.

Too Late Ms. D! I'm already upset, and I'm supposed to remain calm!

well im back, everyone can rejoice. as for my time out, its just like it was in elementary school, i had to sit in the corner, wearing a "banned" hat while i got to watch all the rest of the queens play. oh well im over it. as for my comments, well the fuck you one that i wish to take back for the most part, all i can really say is, "MY BAD". i am going through some shit right now that i dont really care to share with the entire whole wide world as i have already had enough 2 cents thrown at me from people i work with that have really exacerbated the situation. just let me get through my shit, and im sorry i drunkenly posted on the forum and upset one person.

well im back, everyone can rejoice. as for my time out, its just like it was in elementary school, i had to sit in the corner, wearing a "banned" hat while i got to watch all the rest of the queens play. oh well im over it. as for my comments, well the fuck you one that i wish to take back for the most part, all i can really say is, "MY BAD". i am going through some shit right now that i dont really care to share with the entire whole wide world as i have already had enough 2 cents thrown at me from people i work with that have really exacerbated the situation. just let me get through my shit, and im sorry i drunkenly posted on the forum and upset one person.

I am glad that you are back Joe, and I hope that you are doing well.

I am also glad that you apologized for you drunken outburst. It was wrong of you to do that, and great of your friends to come to your defense.

You are also wrong about only upsetting one person. Just because people don't respond doesn't mean that they don't have a reaction. Many people were taken aback by your abrupt rudeness, some were confused by it, and even more were very worried about you, especially after the explanations given for your behavior. Whether you know it or not, many people here care about you, and hearing that you were so upset and incoherent, that you do not even remember making such angry emotional actions, had people concerned. What you may also not realize, is that your frequent outbursts have also made those same people afraid to post, about any concern for you, or your welfare.

I wish you well Joe, I hope things get better for you, with whatever it is you are dealing with.

On a personal note:

I have distanced myself from the forum lately. I try not to be so emotionally involved, that I let what people say on here get to me, but I a find I am an "all in" or "all out" type of person, so when I became afraid that making a joke or giving my opinion, could trigger an all out attack on who I am, I had to opt for all out. I have a family that depends on me to be strong, and that is more important.

But I so miss the family I have made here, and all the fun, comradery, and guidance that I have received on this forum. I hope that feeling returns.

Ms. K, of course, take care of family. There isn't any question of where to put your energy.

As for the other, go ahead and tell your joke. I've always thought Robin Williams got that one right: Joke them if they can't take a fuck.

Glad you're back, Joe. :001_smile:

I'm just sayin...

I know this request is not going to go over very well with the members, and possibly the production staff. But I have to beg you to please consider removing all of the videos that have Mike R or Dustin in them. I also know that this request may never be granted. I don't feel anything but utter sadness and grief when I see their episodes on display. Some see a celebration of their lives but I see what could have been and a life cut down to soon. I believe their videos should be retired out of respect to their memory, and their families. Sometimes doing the right thing is very hard, but it's still the right thing anyhow.. when they were alive they could speak up for themselves, and help their loved ones understand why they were doing this kind of work, but not anymore, those days are gone....I'll wait for your reply. And I would also like to hear from the members concerning this request, your ideas are most welcome, I would be interested in the pros and cons.......
The managers of Broke Straight Boys can NOT make a perfect decision here, no doubt in my mind. Because they knew "Mike" personally, I'm certain that they feel his loss more than us viewers do. As time goes by, we will appreciate Mike's work. Any new member of Broke Straight Boys isn't going to know necessarily that Mike has passed away, and his work will continue to enthrall for that new member. To remove the vids will disappoint some and make some happy. To not remove the vids will disappoint some and make some others happy... 50/50 as I see it. I'm just sayin...

MsK you summed up the JW ban pretty well. You know my theory regarding the roughening of discourse in America, most notable among politicians but really permeating contemporary society. I think that so many articulate and out-there people in the country were so horrified (and ashamed and furious) that GW was elected for a second term that they lost all control of the stuff they allowed themselves to say about him. He was jeered at and ridiculed and abhorred in an uncontrolled and perversely delighted way; you heard really creative stuff no one had ever said about a president ever. Bushy's defenders sounded petty in their retorts, but they tried hard. Without a daily harvesting of Obamisms it's not as easy as it was with Dubya. In the meantime kids started rolling their teenage eyes and doing that slackjawed, glazed gawk of disrespect at their hopelessly assholical parents and teachers.

People do it out of the most humiliating frustration at what's happening in their lives or out of hurt when another person is needlessly snide toward them: lash out and go verbally for the jugular out of sheer misery. And online it's easy to be horrible to someone else. Anyway, great post ma'am.