• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

My trip to see Slimvintage

You'll be here sooner rather than later, as will all the great forumites, futonites and management who want to come. It would be cool to have a pow wow in the summer.

Jayce, Mikey, how was the trip back from slimland?

The trip back was uneventful and had a tinge of regret that we didn't have more time to spend there. Slim, you know you have an open invite to Tucson (the old pueblo).

Words cannot express my admiration, respect and gratitude to Slim for putting us up and being the host with the most. :001_tongue: Although it has been a bit warmer here in the Dales than in Spain...... Mikey and I are already laughing about the weather. Slim was beside himself!!!!!! But not even he can control Ma nature.......

To one and all, we can live in a world of fantasy and bits streaming from all over, but there will never be a real substitute for a smile, a hug and a great conversation face to face. Visit Slim if you can..... you don't even have to put out!!!!! LOL (just kidding Slim! :w00t:). It's truly worth the effort.

So are you both back in England or Tucson. How do you pronounce that - Tooson, like the song ?? or tuxon ? lol

Anyway glad you had a good time and yes, if I were a bit less busier with my career and social life, then I too would visit the Slimvintage motel.

So are you both back in England or Tucson. How do you pronounce that - Tooson, like the song ?? or tuxon ? lol

Anyway glad you had a good time and yes, if I were a bit less busier with my career and social life, then I too would visit the Slimvintage motel.

Easy Jet.

Bring your career and social life with you for a week when (if) the weather ever gets nice.

Easy Jet.

Bring your career and social life with you for a week when (if) the weather ever gets nice.

Actually EasyJet are one of the better budget airlines. My social life is me lol but my career is hands on I'm afraid. Lots of major advances in the telecoms world over here which means lots of training courses, which is good.

Still in the Dales until tomorrow (Monday). Then down to London for a Tuesday flight back to Tucson (Too sawn - a native american word meaning place of dirty water or something to that effect) via LAX.

Even with the career and social life Jon, Slim is worth making the time for! You have to get away from it all sometime........

:001_huh: How do you get to Arizona from London by way of Los Angeles? haha Does it have something to do with an ingenious way to lower your ticket fare?

:001_huh: How do you get to Arizona from London by way of Los Angeles? haha Does it have something to do with an ingenious way to lower your ticket fare?

London Heathrow direct to LAX and then LAX to Tucson. Yes it's cheaper even when you add in the train fare from London Kings Cross to Leeds (or actually Menston).

The other problem was routing. This only has one connection, the other cheap fares (not as cheap as this) had 2 to 3 connections! No way Jose!

We did use miles for Mikey's ticket so that factored in as well.

So all in all, that's how it is done.

Love ya Tampa!

Love ya more. LOL

I figured that if I had read that correctly then there had to be some special deal on the price of the fare. :biggrin:

London Heathrow direct to LAX and then LAX to Tucson. Yes it's cheaper even when you add in the train fare from London Kings Cross to Leeds (or actually Menston).

The other problem was routing. This only has one connection, the other cheap fares (not as cheap as this) had 2 to 3 connections! No way Jose!

We did use miles for Mikey's ticket so that factored in as well.

So all in all, that's how it is done.

Love ya Tampa!

London to LAX I wish I had a globe, what flight path does that take, thats a really long trip and is that completly non stop?

London to LAX I wish I had a globe, what flight path does that take, thats a really long trip and is that completly non stop?

I've done that trip twice and like most UK-USA trips you fly over Canada. Unfortunately it's been a while since those trips so I cannot remember what the pilot said but its about 10hr flight to USA and 9hrs back.

I've done that trip twice and like most UK-USA trips you fly over Canada. Unfortunately it's been a while since those trips so I cannot remember what the pilot said but its about 10hr flight to USA and 9hrs back.

Thanks Jon thats Interesting, That would be a fun trip! I found this site on the internet that makes it clearer. It comes up over Greenland and the very northern end of Quebec and then down across the US.
http://www.gcmap.com/

My parents were stationed over is Jeddah, Saudi Arabia when me father was working for TWA out of Los Angeles.
They would fly non-stop from LAX (Los Angeles, CA) to London. Have a 24 hour layover in London before catching their next flight on Saudia Airlines to Jeddah.

Gary

Denny Bear, that sounds about right from what my father told me. It would go out of LAX and go north over Canada and then on in to London.

Gary

My father was an aircraft electrician for TWA for 35 years and worked at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) before retiring in 1988 and moving up here to Tacoma, WA.

Gary

Denny Bear, that sounds about right from what my father told me. It would go out of LAX and go north over Canada and then on in to London.

Gary

My last flight to London from LAX took me over NY City and Boston. It was around 10 1/2 hours. It all depends on the jet stream. It can short or length the flight depending on where it is at and its strength.

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid

Back in the US of A

Hey guys. Got back last night. It's nice to be where the exchange rate is 1 to 1!

We left London, crossed Wales and Ireland, up towards Iceland, across Greenland, crossed the Hudson bay about 1/3 of the way up it's length, flew over Winnipeg, Crossed into the US over the NW corner of ND, Flew over Montana, passed just south of Las Vegas, and down to LAX. 10 hours and 28 minutes - but we arrived 20 minutes early. Plane wasn't full so I got three seats to lay down on (yes, some of us can actually remember doing that!).

Want to thank all of you for your interest and support. I know Slim feels the same way.

So give me a couple of days to become human again... and I'll be back on!

Welcome Home!!

I'm so glad to hear you have made it back safely. Now just rest up, recharge and we'll be here for you when you are sane again. lol

No doubt it takes a while to recover from Slim's famous hugs. :wink:

Not Slim's Fault

Thursday I was admitted to the VA and Friday morning I underwent an appendectomy. Not your run of the mill appendicitis either.... been brewing for a while which made for some complications. On top of that I also had a case of diverticulitus (swelling of the intestines) caused by the appendix being inflamed for some time. Surgery went well and I was discharged today. Just am not moving very quickly and between not having an appendix anymore and the diverticulitus, I can have some pretty big pain. Have drugs but trying not to overuse them. So I'll be quiet for a while but wanted you to know that I am alive and kicking (it hurts but I can do it!).

Thursday I was admitted to the VA and Friday morning I underwent an appendectomy. Not your run of the mill appendicitis either.... been brewing for a while which made for some complications. On top of that I also had a case of diverticulitus (swelling of the intestines) caused by the appendix being inflamed for some time. Surgery went well and I was discharged today. Just am not moving very quickly and between not having an appendix anymore and the diverticulitus, I can have some pretty big pain. Have drugs but trying not to overuse them. So I'll be quiet for a while but wanted you to know that I am alive and kicking (it hurts but I can do it!).

Good heavens Jayce your lucky that didnt happen on your trip in the middle of a 10 hour flight or worse! Take care of your self and get well soon.

JAYCE! Holy shit! I am so glad you were at home when this happened! You take care of yourself now, ya hear! Don't make me come down there! Hope you feel well soon!