• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

My trip to see Slimvintage

They turned out to be awesome, both of them. One of their bags got lost and it took hours for the airline to get it here, but once it was safe in their digs we went to La Taberna del Caracol in San Alonso Street, five minutes away, and had a very passable dinner. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to take them to Simply Fosh.

We're heading up north tomorrow to see the Roman ruins of Pollentia (present day Pollensa) and will go right by the project I'm working on. Mikey was in construction at one point and might be interested in the age-old masonry methods and techniques still used by mallorquín construction professionals, and Jayce might not be, but he'll like the archeology once we get to the coast.

It's unreal for me to be with these guys, part of the Broke Straight Boys mythology. I wish more forumites would come to see me. Forumites, management, BSBs...

You deserve all the happiness that comes your way Slim. Enjoy your visit. I'm so glad that you've got some quality time with them. xxo

They turned out to be awesome, both of them. One of their bags got lost and it took hours for the airline to get it here, but once it was safe in their digs we went to La Taberna del Caracol in San Alonso Street, five minutes away, and had a very passable dinner. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to take them to Simply Fosh.

We're heading up north tomorrow to see the Roman ruins of Pollentia (present day Pollensa) and will go right by the project I'm working on. Mikey was in construction at one point and might be interested in the age-old masonry methods and techniques still used by mallorquín construction professionals, and Jayce might not be, but he'll like the archeology once we get to the coast.

It's unreal for me to be with these guys, part of the Broke Straight Boys mythology. I wish more forumites would come to see me. Forumites, management, BSBs...

Sounds like a fantastic day you have planned for the guys. I'd love to be there!

You know, you can come over to this side of the world to see us, too.

Woke up this morning and hell had frozen over - It was snowing in Palma! Has since turned into rain.....

Slim is extremely huggable, erudite and generous to a fault. Mom Slim is as sharp as a tack at 101 years of age and is something of a debater rather than conversationalist. Needless to say we had a good long chat and enjoyed it immensely. She also does beautiful watercolor cards with flowers on the cover. They are gorgeous! And yes she does sell them at times.

Slim and Mom live on the ground floor but we're staying in a gorgeous apartment upstairs (several stairs!).

Dinner was great last night but Slim was horrified when we managed to pay most of the bill while he was telling the waitress to bring him the check. Too Bad Slim, you have to be pretty quick to get ahead of us!

Just as I thought might happen Slim and I chatted in the atrium for quite awhile after dinner (Until Mikey poked his head out and said it was after midnight and that I was required upstairs to go to bed).

We'll see what the day brings. Best to all from Palma...... Slim's outside the door on the phone.......

Last edited:
Hi guys! It's Thursday so it must be Barcelona. Tried to uplaoad pics last night, but the server kept timing out. Will try again tonite in the UK. Leaving for Airport in an hour.

I must say that Slim is a gentleman and a gentle man. :001_tt1: He has a heart of gold and gives hugs that are earth shattering. He is generous and an excellent host. To all who are are willing, a trip to see Slim is a must. David and Eddie, you guys need to get your butts over here to see him! And of course, Tyler would be welcomed as well and there are many things to do (and gorgeous guys) and see. :thumbup:

Until later then.

Hi guys! It's Thursday so it must be Barcelona. Tried to uplaoad pics last night, but the server kept timing out. Will try again tonite in the UK. Leaving for Airport in an hour.

I must say that Slim is a gentleman and a gentle man. :001_tt1: He has a heart of gold and gives hugs that are earth shattering. He is generous and an excellent host. To all who are are willing, a trip to see Slim is a must. David and Eddie, you guys need to get your butts over here to see him! And of course, Tyler would be welcomed as well and there are many things to do (and gorgeous guys) and see. :thumbup:

Until later then.

What can I say, I am envious of your visit with Slim. I know I will get my day again in Palma though. :):thumbup::blushing:

I somehow knew that Slim would give awesome hugs. I so want to get over there to see him. I'm glad you guys had such a good visit.

It was if the entire island was conspiring to test their beautiful harmonious spirits with weather from hell. In all the years I've lived here, I've maybe seen at the most a one-off freaky April Fool's Day snow flurry, but the sun burned it off in no time. This was bitter cold, deepened by the wind. We walked along the top of the Roman citadel wall that surrounded the imperial outpost of Pollentia on the north coast, and even the afternoon sun that managed to sneer it's way out from under the drear didn't manage to lift the temp even a fraction.

The most beautiful thing about these guys is that they never for a moment showed the least iota of "resignation" (with a capital Sigh) at the climatological fix we were in. They were the most beatifically upbeat people, in a laidback and underplayed way, that I've run into for ages. I'm sure they'll both recognize themselves in that description, either that or they only started cursing and damning after they got through the metal detector and disappeared from sight.

Dreading the photos he's gonna post. We all looked like huddled refugees on some kind of Long March in every single one. Actually there was a pic I took of them in front of a frozen palm tree in Sineu that I thought was rather good...

I don't think I have ever used this emoticon........

:postpics:

Slim, what a very nice post. What a bunch of nice guys. I wish I had been there.....

You're a man of many talents but you can't control the weather Slim. lol It has been bitterly cold in Florida this winter too. It's been 10-18 degrees below normal since late December.

But it sounds like you all had a very nice time! :001_smile:

Pics as promised of Barcelona:

Attachments

• Placa Catalunya - Barcelona.jpg
    Placa Catalunya - Barcelona.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 25
  • La Boqueria - Barcelona.jpg
    La Boqueria - Barcelona.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 30
  • On les Ramblas - Barcelona.jpg
    On les Ramblas - Barcelona.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 26
And a couple taken in Palma:

Attachments

• Palma by Air.jpg
    Palma by Air.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Slim and Jayce in Sineu.jpg
    Slim and Jayce in Sineu.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 34
A Wave for Dave

Here's Slim's wave for David, Eddie and Tyler.......

Attachments

• Slim's wave for Dave.jpg
    Slim's wave for Dave.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 36
Jayce, sounds as if you and Mike had a really great visit with Slim and an opportunity to see some of his country's history despite the cold weather. We can assume that you are now back home.
Thanks for keeping us up to date and also the pics.

Gary

I don't think I have ever used this emoticon........

:postpics:

Slim, what a very nice post. What a bunch of nice guys. I wish I had been there.....

You'll be here sooner rather than later, as will all the great forumites, futonites and management who want to come. It would be cool to have a pow wow in the summer.

Jayce, Mikey, how was the trip back from slimland?

Hey Slim.....

Hey Honeybunch, just so you know, that really was "the wave for Dave", planned from when they first arrived. You two travel a lot as we all know, sometimes to places not unlike where I live. You would be so inordinately welcome to come stay with me whenever you wanted to. We could post a pic of you, me and Eddie waving from Es Trenc.

Or if Tyler came too :001_tt1: a four-way wave from somewhere with a bit of shade, lest he become disfigured in any way by a hint of tan.

Attachments

• Es Trenc.jpg
    Es Trenc.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Es Trenc sunset.jpg
    Es Trenc sunset.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 23
David and Eddie,

If you do take Tyler with you to see Slim, make sure you have a GPS chip inserted under his skin beforehand. Or you may never see him again! LOL