• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

My story......what's yours?

I have never had anyone else as i feel i would betray his memory.And we had also promised to love each other for ever.
All of this happened 30 years ago.I hope you do not mind that i have not shared his name or dates with you as i feel they are personal to me.
Thank you for reading and letting me write this, and thank you to Broke Straight Boys for the pleasure you give me, keep up the good work.
Now i need a coffee and a tissue.
R J

RJ -

I can certainly understand your feelings. After spending almost half my life together with my wife, it's now just under two years since she passed. I'm already getting some pressure from family members to go out and date. I cannot imagine doing that even though at times I'm quite lonely. I know Susie wouldn't want me to be alone, but still it is difficult for me. I don't think I could offer any more advice than what's already been given, but to let you know there are some of us who do know to some degree the loss you have suffered. You'll be in my prayers.

RJ -

I can certainly understand your feelings. After spending almost half my life together with my wife, it's now just under two years since she passed. I'm already getting some pressure from family members to go out and date. I cannot imagine doing that even though at times I'm quite lonely. I know Susie wouldn't want me to be alone, but still it is difficult for me. I don't think I could offer any more advice than what's already been given, but to let you know there are some of us who do know to some degree the loss you have suffered. You'll be in my prayers.

Thank you, and you are in mine.
One of these days i will write the end of the story as there is a little more, but not yet.
RJ

Well the time is here. A little bit of background info first. I have a twin brother and we are the only children our parents had, as they where older compaired to most, when they had us father was 48 mother was 33.
Growing up sex was never talked about in our house, i only ever heared my father mention homosexuality once, and what he said i will not put on here as i don't wish to offend.
At school i then met and fell in love with the most wonderful guy, and we had 8 1/2 years together till he was killed. But i still had 3 years of my contract to run and could not come out as i was not qualified. I must have been the only soldier who went to the falklands who did not care if he came back, i had left a letter with my uncle for my parents telling them about my love and how happy we where together and if they where reading this then i would be happy again.
But back i came and as soon as i could i put in my papers and came out, to this day i still do not know how i kept it together to finish my training.
On the jurney home i realised that i had to talk to someone and so went to my uncle and aunt, i asked my uncle if i could have a private word with him and we went into his office, and i broke down and told him everything, he was very suppotive and the next day took me home by car to my parents, uncle took mum out and told her, my mum was supportive to a point, but said i could never take anyone home and never tell my father or brother.
I nursed both my parents till they died, and lost them and my uncle in a 5 year period. I then came out to my brother and was told by him that i was welcome at his house but only on my own and this is true to this day, my being gay is a taboo subject in his house.
To this day the person i miss the most apart from my partner is my uncle, he was more like a father to me than my own.
Thank you for letting me tell this and thank you for reading it. Coffee and tissue time again.
RJ

Reuben, you are a beautiful person, inside and out. Clearly your partner knew this, I'm sure that's part of the reason why he loved you. A few days ago, gremlin wisely said that your partner would never want you to be lonely, Remember that, because you know it's true. In time your heart WILL start to heal, and you will again be able to open yourself up to the chance for a new love. I know this personally, its how I met Carl. God Bless you, sweetie!

As far as your uncle is concerned, you were very lucky to have another person in your life you could go to for advice, acceptance and love. I know you treasure his memory as I know he treasures yours!

We here on the forum also care for each other, and personally, I feel blest to know each of the wonderful individuals God has brought me to know here, including you, RJ

Last edited: