• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

I had lunch with......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not deny that Tyler is a cute guy! Glad you got to meet these guys. Theys eem like good people.

I can not deny that Tyler is a cute guy! Glad you got to meet these guys. Theys eem like good people.

Hey. Nice to see you on the forum..... They are good people and it is well worth the time and effort to see them if you can!

Hey. Nice to see you on the forum..... They are good people and it is well worth the time and effort to see them if you can!

I am sure I am not there fav person since I am not a big tyler fan...HAHA! Its cool though. Thanks for sharing.

Jayce,

I am so glad you had a great time meeting the gang. While I only had the opportunity to meet David, I can totally agree with you about how cool they are. If Eddie had not been sleeping I would have met him too.

I know that there are lots of us who would like to meet the blue media Broke Straight Boys team. I have spoken to David on a couple of occasions about a Blue Media/Broke Straight Boys Cruise where members, the team and perhaps some models all go cruising ( I mean sail on a cruise). David and Eddie have done over 40 cruises and I'm approaching something like 30 so we know what can be done. If planned right, it could be done at a fairly decent price (between $400-700 per person double occupancy or better) and perhaps leave time before the cruise to visit "The Studio".

David, Eddie, Tyler, Scorpio, Mark, etc. what do you guys think of this idea????

So the question is, is there enough interest among the forumites in doing something like this????????

Now if I can figure out how to post my photos of my studio tour......

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid

(Well relax and home from vacation).

Jayce,

I am so glad you had a great time meeting the gang. While I only had the opportunity to meet David, I can totally agree with you about how cool they are. If Eddie had not been sleeping I would have met him too.

I know that there are lots of us who would like to meet the blue media Broke Straight Boys team. I have spoken to David on a couple of occasions about a Blue Media/Broke Straight Boys Cruise where members, the team and perhaps some models all go cruising ( I mean sail on a cruise). David and Eddie have done over 40 cruises and I'm approaching something like 30 so we know what can be done. If planned right, it could be done at a fairly decent price (between $400-700 per person double occupancy or better) and perhaps leave time before the cruise to visit "The Studio".

David, Eddie, Tyler, Scorpio, Mark, etc. what do you guys think of this idea????

So the question is, is there enough interest among the forumites in doing something like this????????

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid

You know Vicekid this sounds like a great idea! If you read the other thread I am trying to put together a meet and greet with David's approval for next February some time. This would be a show up Friday and leave Sunday kind of thing complete with studio tour. It would be really fun to then be able for those interested to go on your cruise. So now what do you think of that idea?

Jayce,

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid

Is it just me or is that not kinda... creepy?!?!
Maybe it is just me, but as much as i appreciate what David and the team at Broke Straight Boys/Blu media do (believe me i appreciate very very much) I get the destinct impression from reading the threads on this site that some of the members feel like they have a personal relationship with some of the Models and the director/producer... I would find it real ass creepy to spend a weekend stuck on a boat with guys whom I have wanked over, and watched them have sex, and some of them watched them have their first gay experience.
I think there is a line that ya just dnt cross!

I dunno does anyone agree with me??

Maybe it is just me, but as much as i appreciate what David and the team at Broke Straight Boys/Blu media do (believe me i appreciate very very much) I get the destinct impression from reading the threads on this site that some of the members feel like they have a personal relationship with some of the Models and the director/producer... I would find it real ass creepy to spend a weekend stuck on a boat with guys whom I have wanked over, and watched them have sex, and some of them watched them have their first gay experience.

My glaswegian friend John:

It all depends on the person. I will not judge anyone. For some Broke Straight Boys is an "illicit" pleasure, others not. Some would be uncomfortable because of all the things you said, some not so much. Everyone has the right to feel differently about all of this.

What you are seeing is some of the more "uninhibited" members expressing their "fanatacism" and having fun. Take me as an example, when I met the Touring group (Patrick, Derek and Johnny in particular) I had my partner with me. I have had lunch with them (without Mikey) a couple of times and keep in contact by phone and text. So I do have a relationship with them. We don't always talk about nd their "job", we've talked about life (gf's, careers, school, growing up, etc) and had a couple of laughs. When I look at Derek I don't see him with his legs up and Tyler pounding his ass, I see an attractive, intelligent, sensitive young man who has promise and personal demons and go from there. I can do that, some others cannot.

I do have a "relationship" with David in that we have e-mailed, PM'd, spoken by phone and now met. I have referred boys to him. David Taylor is one of them and hopefully we'll see him in the near future on the site. It is what it is...... not everyone would be comfortable with that.

So it's ok to feel it's creepy, just as it's ok to want to do some of the things I've done (and every feeling in between). The whole thing hinges on management and the models themselves, in this case management and some of the models are open to this kind of interaction. David has said that he has contact with members who are not on the forum as well. I hope this helps to explain. You are not wrong in how you feel. It's just that not all of us feel the same way as you do. There is room here for everyone!

Thanks for expressing your feelings and I hope we have a chance to exchange views again!

Last edited:
You know Vicekid this sounds like a great idea! If you read the other thread I am trying to put together a meet and greet with David's approval for next February some time. This would be a show up Friday and leave Sunday kind of thing complete with studio tour. It would be really fun to then be able for those interested to go on your cruise. So now what do you think of that idea?

Denny,

That's the basic idea. Depending on the length of the cruise and when it leaves (most depart Sat. or Sun.) it would leave time for a studio tour etc. if needed. Mind you a studio tour does not take much time, unless of course you want David to try his HD camera on you in action.

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid

John,

I guess from your point-of-view this might sound weird or creepy. But within the cruise world there are all types of speciality/theme related cruises including but not limited to Gay cruises.

As for being "Stuck on a Boat" ships these days are large, LARGER and GIGANTOR in Size. You can go the whole week and not run into the same person (unless you were looking for them). When you get off the ship at the ports of call you do your own thing with whomever you want or by yourself. If there are group activities/meetings you can join or not join.

John I hope this helps take out some of the creepiness in this cruise idea.

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid

John,

I guess from your point-of-view this might sound weird or creepy. But within the cruise world there are all types of speciality/theme related cruises including but not limited to Gay cruises.

As for being "Stuck on a Boat" ships these days are large, LARGER and GIGANTOR in Size. You can go the whole week and not run into the same person (unless you were looking for them). When you get off the ship at the ports of call you do your own thing with whomever you want or by yourself. If there are group activities/meetings you can join or not join.

John I hope this helps take out some of the creepiness in this cruise idea.

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid

Those were my thoughts exactly Vice when I saw the comment about being "stuck" on a boat. haha As someone who has been on a fair share of cruises I know that some of these boats can seem like the size of a small city. So you are never forced to spend time with anyone you choose not to. And there are thousands of other passengers on the ship with whom one can socialize. In other words you're only as trapped as you want to be. As long as you have a compatible cabin mate it's all good. And with the offshore excursions you can go wherever you want.

I'm assuming that it would be a 7 day? And not a 3 or 4 deal. On those you never unpack your suitcase. lol I'd be up for a cruise if the price was right. I'm not a wealthy person. So the price would have to be reasonable.

Hey guys I was thinking about the cruise idea (an excellent one at that). However, I started to look at it from D&E/BluMedia's side and a weekend at a hotel might be the better option.

From their side this is what I would imagine some of the obstacles regarding a cruise could be:

They would have to go dark in the studio for the length of the cruise.

They would have to pay for the models' fare and pay the models to be there (they ain't free!).

A couple of meet and greets is one thing, spending 3-7 days with us is another thing altogether. These guy work hard all year round, the easier we make it on them, the more likely we'll make this happen.

I can't say I am not tempted by the idea of spending lots of quality time with the guys and the boys, but I'll take what I can get and be grateful for every second!

Just wanted to throw that out there........

Love to one and all.

P.S. Am I beginning to sound like an arrogant SOB? I hope not. Or maybe to much of a Broke Straight Boys stalker? Or maybe a Broke Straight Boys cheerleader (where ARE those damn PomPoms!)?

Constructive criticism welcome. Loving observations welcome. Constructive suggestions welcome. Everything else....... please just don't go there.

Hey guys I was thinking about the cruise idea (an excellent one at that). However, I started to look at it from D&E/BluMedia's side and a weekend at a hotel might be the better option.

From their side this is what I would imagine some of the obstacles regarding a cruise could be:

They would have to go dark in the studio for the length of the cruise.

They would have to pay for the models' fare and pay the models to be there (they ain't free!).

A couple of meet and greets is one thing, spending 3-7 days with us is another thing altogether. These guy work hard all year round, the easier we make it on them, the more likely we'll make this happen.

I can't say I am not tempted by the idea of spending lots of quality time with the guys and the boys, but I'll take what I can get and be grateful for every second!

Just wanted to throw that out there........

Love to one and all.

JAYCE,

Just to let you know this was an idea David was thinking of before I mentioned it to him. As for the studio going dark, well what do you think is happening when David and Eddie go on vacation? As we all know there is a large backlog of episodes at any given time (usually 2-4 months) so one week out has little impact.

As for paying models fares, If they chose to bring models, they could bring as many or few as they feel. How much does it cost them to go to Broke Straight Boys events? In the long run it could be cheaper on a 7 day cruise. Let me give you an example:

It is totally possible to get a cruise at a non-peak time for under $500 per person, double occupancy. You can get 4 to a room. Usually the third and 4th in the room is half the double occupancy cost or even lower. So 4 guys in a room = $1500. Where can 4 people go for a week with food, lodging, on ship entertainment for under $400 each. Yes, there could be airfare for non-locals, but they pay that now to go to events. A weekend event could cost close to this amount. I used a moderate price for an inside cabin. If it is done as a group booking, there could be even more discounts. Group bookings the prices go down based on the number of rooms book by the group. If just 25 rooms were booked, the price could be 10-20% lower and sometimes 3rd and 4th rates go down to $199 or even $99 each. It all depends on when and with whom you book and the cruise line.

As for being together all the time, there is no need for that. Perhaps one or two "get togethers" take place on ship and then we do our own thing or can do some joint things. I've done group cruises and sometimes the only time I see the group is when I want to.

It may sound like hard work, but once it is set up, we are free to do our thing. Since David and Eddie have done so much cruising I am sure they have a good agent who does most of the work setting it up.

I hope that this makes the undertaking easier to understand.

Why I'm sure Gremlin is dying to do an adventure like this. (We just have to make sure he does not get into the water. You all know what happens if a gremlin gets wet?????)

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid

Vice:

You have a great argument there. I guess we can only hope that THE DAVID is still reading the forum and chimes in with his opinion (or PM's someone like Denny).

Yes they go dark when they go on vacation (one week a year). I don't know the realities of their schedule and finances (don't want to know!). However a Florida hotel weekend would probably be more affordable for more of us than a seven day cruise.

I'm just playing the "devil's" advocate here. Somewhere along the line we'll have to look at the options and see what works for "the many".

Always love reading your posts!

Vice:

You have a great argument there. I guess we can only hope that THE DAVID is still reading the forum and chimes in with his opinion (or PM's someone like Denny).

Yes they go dark when they go on vacation (one week a year). I don't know the realities of their schedule and finances (don't want to know!). However a Florida hotel weekend would probably be more affordable for more of us than a seven day cruise.

I'm just playing the "devil's" advocate here. Somewhere along the line we'll have to look at the options and see what works for "the many".

Always love reading your posts!

You both bring up very good points and this is just a guess but I am betting when I ask him that David will lean more towards Jason's opinion. My thought was to maybe offer both a meet and greet and a cruise for those that wanted to extend their vacation. After talking to David the meet and great has to be on Saturday or Sunday to work for them. I figured folks could show up Friday and have a social hour that evening. Saturday we could do the studio tour and meet the models and ext. Saturday evening we could all gather for dinner followed by a night on the town. Sunday those that wished to go cruising would be free to do so those that did not would head home. Does that sound anymore appealing?

You both bring up very good points and this is just a guess but I am betting when I ask him that David will lean more towards Jason's opinion. My thought was to maybe offer both a meet and greet and a cruise for those that wanted to extend their vacation. After talking to David the meet and great has to be on Saturday or Sunday to work for them. I figured folks could show up Friday and have a social hour that evening. Saturday we could do the studio tour and meet the models and ext. Saturday evening we could all gather for dinner followed by a night on the town. Sunday those that wished to go cruising would be free to do so those that did not would head home. Does that sound anymore appealing?

Denny,

YOU ARE BRILLIANT!

Maybe David could bring his camera and do some filming on the ship with the models, not members and models together just models. Members wouldn't be present for the filming as for the obvious reasons stated on other threads. But instead of paying the models for the scene, the cruise would be their payment/reward. We would get new and difference scenes out of it instead of just the futon. I know David mentioned he was going to change it up, this would just be another option.

Denny,

This is a great combination. As I posted on the other thread, using Feb. as an example a 6-7 day cruise as of today can be as low as $389 per person (before any possible group discount) and a 5 night cruise can be as low as $259 per person before any discount.

If David is interested in doing a pre or post cruise option and does not have the time, if there is interest, I can work on the cruise options. I think it takes a minimum of an 8 to 10 cabins to begin getting group discounts, with larger discounts the more rooms booked.

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid

Maybe David could bring his camera and do some filming on the ship with the models, not members and models together just models. Members wouldn't be present for the filming as for the obvious reasons stated on other threads. But instead of paying the models for the scene, the cruise would be their payment/reward. We would get new and difference scenes out of it instead of just the futon. I know David mentioned he was going to change it up, this would just be another option.

Erik,

An interesting idea, but risky. A few years ago there was an issue with this on another cruise ship which did not sit well with the cruise line. I could see filming some behind the scenes segments with models and/or models interacting with members either on/off the ship to post on the site.

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid

Status
Not open for further replies.