• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

How do u feel about Weed?

I used to smoke a bit when I was younger. Ironically enough I smoked it because I thought it helped me relax and feel good, that was until I stopped and realised the weed was what was actually making me stressed out and preventing me getting a restful sleep etc.

Only figured out how bad weed was making me when my boyfriend at the time took me away for a skiing holiday to the French Alps and intentionally "forgot" to put my bag of weed in the case. Best thing he ever did for me really because after that two weeks without smoking I decided that I wouldn't touch the stuff again... Even when he cheated on me a year later and I kicked him to the curb too :)

I used to smoke a bit when I was younger. Ironically enough I smoked it because I thought it helped me relax and feel good, that was until I stopped and realised the weed was what was actually making me stressed out and preventing me getting a restful sleep etc.

Only figured out how bad weed was making me when my boyfriend at the time took me away for a skiing holiday to the French Alps and intentionally "forgot" to put my bag of weed in the case. Best thing he ever did for me really because after that two weeks without smoking I decided that I wouldn't touch the stuff again... Even when he cheated on me a year later and I kicked him to the curb too :)

Wish my boyfriend had the same feelings that you do about weed

The problem is though that whilst you're smoking it, it's actually rather impossible a lot of the time to see what it's doing to you. You actually forget that you were different before you started smoking it and you seem to believe that you've always been that lacking of energy and commitment. Maybe you should try taking him away somewhere where it would just be the two of you and then he would realise what he's giving up for a drug?

I have tried that. In fact he gave it up for like 3 months because he was on BA's and UA's for a DUI he got...best time in our relationship....its when he hangs around his friends is when the temptation is there and I don't want to say "no you can't hang out with your friends." How long does it take for the so called "hazy veil" to be lifted and you realize that weed does change you?

For me I realized after not having smoked it for just a couple of weeks, think it was because I went from smoking around 8 or so joints a day to smoking no joints and breathing in the pure air on the Alps. Some people say it happens after the first day, some say it never goes... I guess it's down to the individual really, how their body deals with the drug.

When it comes down to friends though it's always difficult to see if they are bad for you or not. We always want to believe our friends would never do wrong by us, but sometimes they can be our worst enemies.

I'm sorry I'm not more helpful, really do wish you the best with your guy though, just wish there was more I could suggest.

Thanks and you're welcome, weirdly enough it was one of the first topics I noticed when I signed up to the forums so thought I'd come take a look and "introduce" myself hehe.