• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Healthcare Reform Passes!!!

tampa24

BSB God
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to express my joy that the healthcare reform bill passed. Just a month or two ago it looked like it was dead in the water. And that a year's worth of time and effort was down the drain. I know that there are going to be some in here who will disagree with me...but I'm thrilled. Hallelujah!!! :thumbup:

:waw:

I'm very thrilled too. I've been watching CSPAN all day and my head is killing me, but it was all worth it. I know that my dedication to watching it was the reason it passed. lol

I was so happy to hear that the health care reform billed passed. It has sure been a long haul and at times, wondered and had my doubts.

Gary

All I can think to say is Praise the Lord.

I congratulate the President for working so hard and tirelessly to get basic coverage for all Americans, and to prevent the insurance companies from denying coverage to those in situations where they need it the most. Perhaps the U.S.A. can become a great country again.

This was a win for us. It was a good day.

It is about time... Now maybe people can get proper and affordable health care...:thumbup: It might now be the best solution but it is a start and that is what is important. I love the accountability that was worked in too.:thumbup:

I'm very thrilled too. I've been watching CSPAN all day and my head is killing me, but it was all worth it. I know that my dedication to watching it was the reason it passed. lol

Welcome to the forum Troika. Thank you for your dedication...:thumbup:

I am very happy indeed to see national healthcare for all!!! As someone who is uninsured and recently diagnosed with lupus, this means a great deal to me. However, I am saddened by the fact that there are so many who are not happy about it, mostly because those against seem to all be healthy individuals with insurance, not to mention, white. It has a very ominous undertone that gives me pause and tempers my enthusiasm. I see it as just one more thing the Republicans will use to further divide this great country of ours.

I am very happy indeed to see national healthcare for all!!! As someone who is uninsured and recently diagnosed with lupus, this means a great deal to me. However, I am saddened by the fact that there are so many who are not happy about it, mostly because those against seem to all be healthy individuals with insurance, not to mention, white. It has a very ominous undertone that gives me pause and tempers my enthusiasm. I see it as just one more thing the Republicans will use to further divide this great country of ours.

I'm sorry to hear about your lupus. I hope you'll be able to get some sort of treatment soon. As far as those people who were against it, I really think they were mislead, and that these jackasses in offices feed on their fear. Hopefully in a year or so when everyone realizes that the world as they know it hasn't imploded things will level out.

Truthful, I wake up every day expecting to see on the news that the President has been killed or that someone has attempted to kill him. With the way people are feeding into the fear and hatred I really think something horrible is going to happen soon. I pray that I'm wrong, but something tells me that I'm not.

Heard the news this morning and I was very pleased for you all. Just make sure that it's just US citizens that get the service and not any Tom, Dick or Harry from foreign climes.

I watched C-span mostly all day yesterday and did watch the president. I am very happy that every one or almost every one will have insurance. I felt like an American again proud. I am sorry about those who brung out their dark side, during the debate.

I am saddened by the fact that there are so many who are not happy about it, mostly because those against seem to all be healthy individuals with insurance, not to mention, white. It has a very ominous undertone that gives me pause and tempers my enthusiasm. I see it as just one more thing the Republicans will use to further divide this great country of ours.
I agree completely with your thoughts. There is a very ugly tone coming from the hard core right wing of the Republican party. I too see greater divide coming to our country. I don't recall a more divisive political period in my lifetime, and I find it somewhat frightening.

I agree completely with your thoughts. There is a very ugly tone coming from the hard core right wing of the Republican party. I too see greater divide coming to our country. I don't recall a more divisive political period in my lifetime, and I find it somewhat frightening.

Yes, I'm afraid the opposition will stop at nothing.

The truth will eventually be known. There were other times when we were so divided. In my youth I watched fire hoses and police dogs turned onto unarmed women and children who only wanted their place at the American table and I saw students shot down and beaten who only questioned participation in a devisive war. As a nation we learned something from that turmoil and Obama stands as testament to that lesson. It took over half a century. Perhaps in half a century we shall celebrate the truth of what was accomplished these last few days. The extremes have always been with us. Today, they just have instant access to every living room and automobile and workplace in the country. They have the means to threaten and cause havoc that make them seem vast and omniscient. They are not, and the truth will silence them. When jobs and the economy stabalize the teabaggers will vanish into the woodwork like the Gray Panthers did three decades ago, just as the Civil Rights Act brought an end to the Symbianese Liberation Army.

There is change in the air. People are beginning to see through the divide to win strategy. Too many young people now recognize it for what it is and the parties will follow suit. This was in the news today and, as a victim of Jesse Helms, it made me so angry I wanted to scream, but it still struck me as really, really funny and a sign of 'the times they are a changin'." The estate of Jesse Helms today announced that they were disturbed that the media was painting Helms as an enemy of the gay movement. They claimed he was actually a longtime supporter of gay rights. Other than, at one time, having a young speech writer named Armistead Maupin who left him and moved to California, I can't think of a single instance of support to anything gay Helms ever gave. But his estate suddenly finds it important to paint him in that light. Go figure.

The truth will eventually be known. There were other times when we were so divided. In my youth I watched fire hoses and police dogs turned onto unarmed women and children who only wanted their place at the American table and I saw students shot down and beaten who only questioned participation in a devisive war. As a nation we learned something from that turmoil and Obama stands as testament to that lesson. It took over half a century. Perhaps in half a century we shall celebrate the truth of what was accomplished these last few days. The extremes have always been with us. Today, they just have instant access to every living room and automobile and workplace in the country. They have the means to threaten and cause havoc that make them seem vast and omniscient. They are not, and the truth will silence them. When jobs and the economy stabalize the teabaggers will vanish into the woodwork like the Gray Panthers did three decades ago, just as the Civil Rights Act brought an end to the Symbianese Liberation Army.

There is change in the air. People are beginning to see through the divide to win strategy. Too many young people now recognize it for what it is and the parties will follow suit. This was in the news today and, as a victim of Jesse Helms, it made me so angry I wanted to scream, but it still struck me as really, really funny and a sign of 'the times they are a changin'." The estate of Jesse Helms today announced that they were disturbed that the media was painting Helms as an enemy of the gay movement. They claimed he was actually a longtime supporter of gay rights. Other than, at one time, having a young speech writer named Armistead Maupin who left him and moved to California, I can't think of a single instance of support to anything gay Helms ever gave. But his estate suddenly finds it important to paint him in that light. Go figure.

So very well stated...and a positive spin on the situation....I've lived through the same eras and seen the good emerge from the bad...thank you for your contribution. (By the way, when you said "victim of Jesse Helms" were you speaking personally?)

Oh,no, I thought of that the minute I hit submit. I meant it in the sense of every LGBT person in America. We've all been victims of him. Did you see Tim Kirkman's remarkable "Dear Jesse?" It was a documentary of his return to North Carolina to the roots he shared with Helms. There is a moment in it that is almost unbearable - out of the blue he interviews a young man, just a sweet faced student whose name flashes across the screen and disappears - it's like foreshadowing of the Helm's agenda in the worst way. You want to force that pompous old bigot to sit beside you and stare at what he and his cronies brought about. You want to make him see what the rest of us had to see. It's only a few seconds of Matthew Shephard before he returned to Wyoming. Jesse Helms gave voice to all those who advocated homophobia and by extension gave permission to those who carried it to extremes. When I think of Shephard tied to that split rail fence in the emptiness of that cold long night, I remember Eliots "The Hollow Men."
". . . . . voices are
In the wind's singing
More distant and more solemn
Than a fading star.
Let me be no nearer
In death's dream kingdom
Let me also wear
Such deliberate disguises
Rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves
In a field
Behaving as the wind behaves
No nearer -