• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Gage Owens here.....Where is the best city/place to go on vacation?

My dream vacation is an Alaskan cruise and then a land and air trip to see all of the natural wonders Alaska has to offer.
I have been to the Bahamas that was a hoot.
I enjoy learning about the places I visit, especially the history.
I went to Las Vegas with some friends 2 years ago and did a history tour and all of my friends laughed at me for going to Vegas to learn something. I had the last laugh on them because I left Vegas with more money than I went their with.
I also did a trip in Colorado and really enjoyed the Goergetown Loop Railroad, it is a historical train that takes you to a silver mine that was very popular in the 1800's.
I went to Chicago and took a haunted tour, that was fun.
NYC is always fun, you gotta make your own plans and don't always do the touristy stuff.
Bar Harbor Maine is beautiful in the summer, I went whale watching there and then took the ferry to Yarmouth Nova Scotia.
My goal is to hit all 50 states before I am 50! 27 more years to get it done. If it wasn't for these damn student loans I have to start paying back in September I could some travelling while looking for a job in my career field.

Last edited:
I have never been there, but I would love to visit New Orleans sometime. . The music, the food.. I just feel like the whole atmosphere of the city would make it worthwhile.

My dream vacation is an Alaskan cruise and then a land and air trip to see all of the natural wonders Alaska has to offer.
I went to Las Vegas with some friends 2 years ago and did a history tour and all of my friends laughed at me for going to Vegas to learn something. I had the last laugh on them because I left Vegas with more money than I went their with.
I also did a trip in Colorado and really enjoyed the Goergetown Loop Railroad, it is a historical train that takes you to a silver mine that was very popular in the 1800's.
NYC is always fun, you gotta make your own plans and don't always do the touristy stuff.
Bar Harbor Maine is beautiful in the summer, I went whale watching there and then took the ferry to Yarmouth Nova Scotia.
My goal is to hit all 50 states before I am 50! 27 more years to get it done. If it wasn't for these damn student loans I have to start paying back in September I could some travelling while looking for a job in my career field.

Aww man that sounds awesome. I would love to visit Colorado & take a ride on the Georgetown Loop Railroads well as the haunted tour in Chicago! Good luck on your quest to 50!

Wow Gage Owens, looks like your itinerary is all set; so many places to see...so many men to do (we're friendly like that)!:thumbup: I can offer you a place to sleep in Dallas, but not dick...sorry.

I actually visited Dallas 2 weeks ago for about a week.. Beautiful city.. I like all of the new bridges they're building/already finished.& downtown just lights up at night! & the heat is no joke there during the summer!

come to Chicago

Welcome to the forum! Chicago would be one of my "if money were no object" cities. It is so fun and interesting just to walk around...and the museums are wonderful. I really liked going to the Hemingway museum!

I actually visited Dallas 2 weeks ago for about a week.. Beautiful city.. I like all of the new bridges they're building/already finished.& downtown just lights up at night! & the heat is no joke there during the summer!

It's August, and it's Texas...sucks! The Dallas skyline is very cool, but the road construction around the city right now is horrible; give it another year and then things will be better.

Oh, I can "talk Alaska" for hours; been there about 10 times. Steve and I hope to split our time between Dallas and Anchorage once he is closer to retirement. As for the cruise thing, we decided we are not "cruise people"...life. One of the best things about Alaska are the float planes; they are used kinda like taxis to get around. My favorite flight was a 1929 Brannif all-wood plane; we took it around Homer. If you ever get to AK, let me know; I've got some great spots to see!

It's August, and it's Texas...sucks! The Dallas skyline is very cool, but the road construction around the city right now is horrible; give it another year and then things will be better.

Yeah I am sure it will get better. They are gentrifying a lot of the neighborhoods down there.

Welcome to the forum! Chicago would be one of my "if money were no object" cities. It is so fun and interesting just to walk around...and the museums are wonderful. I really liked going to the Hemingway museum!

When I went to Chicago I really enjoyed my time at the Field Museum of Natural History.. &of course the Medieval Times dinner & tournament.

A tour of Scotland & a tour of the Loch Ness & even a swim in it. . . Either that or Amsterdam.. I have already been to Scandinavia.

Do they include anything outside the confines of the bedroom? LOL :biggrin:

What are you saying? I'll let him come up for air...some time! "Hey, I've got a couple of peaks to show you.":bump: