• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Exciting News: Membership Area Upgrades Coming Very Soon!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We have been busy... busy... busy! The tech team, which I lead, has been working on some amazing updates for the whole membership area. I was hired along with a team I've worked with for years to polish up and dust off the site among other duties. Today, I'm excited to show off some of the things we have in store for you!

First of all, we wanted to update the look of the site to be more inline with the way things look in the current day. The current membership area is a remnant of ancient web history. The new design uses the newest web standards (css, xml, cdn) which will make the sight easier to navigation and much faster as you move around. Additionally, we tried make good use of space so you didn't have to do quite as much scrolling. Here is a screen capture comparing the old and new designs...

1.jpg

You can get a good idea of the new design too also from the player page. Here's a little screen shot of that. Can you see the changes?

2.jpg

You can obviously see the navigation at the top is a lot more clean looking, but here's a hint on the other big change in the photo above....

3.jpg

That's the way you stream and pick downloads now but here's the slick new way that takes up a lot less room...
Easy-streaming.jpg

But, this wasn't just about redesigning things. This was very much about giving you all some new and very helpful features to make the site more enjoyable.

For the first time you'll now be able to search the site for anything and everything. It's like our own google built right in.

search-form.jpg

Type in what you are looking for and our search engine will give you the results! But, we have another really fun way to search too and it's called tags. Every scene is tagged with certain characteristics such as "Rimming", "Uncut Cock", "Foot Worship", etc. Now you can go to our tags page and dynamically filter through almost 1,000 scenes by clicking on tags. Click the tag "Rimming" and only rimming scenes will show up. Click "69" and add it to the filter and then only scenes which have BOTH rimming AND 69 show up. You can limit with as many tags as you want and drill down to exactly what you desire.

Here is a screen cap of me searching for only scenes that were tagged with "Fucking", "Kissing" and "Smooth". Now, we took almost 1,000 videos and narrowed it down to 8 videos that have exactly what I want to see at that moment.

4.jpg

We also allow you to sort general listings (models, scenes, etc.) by numerous methods. Check out these new sorting methods...

sorting-everywhere.jpg

We are also adding some new features to our commenting system. You can now leave replys for other peoples comments and show other users how you feel about their comments (like / unlike).

Here is the nested comments look:
nested-comments.jpg

And here is the comment liking:
comment-likes.jpg

Finally another new feature coming up will be a user control panel where you can do things like change your password, update your email, set a preference for your default video quality etc. Here's a sneak peak:

6.jpg

Well, folks... that's a little preview of some of the changes we have in store for you. The even greater news is that you won't have to wait long to see the new changes. We should be launching the new design very very soon!

We know it's hard to tell a lot just from screen caps, but we hope they give you a general idea of the new exciting look and features we have in store for you!

Thanks so much for everyone who makes comments in these forums about the things you want to do, need to see, etc. We worked as many comments regarding design and functionality into the new version as we could. The new framework will also make it much easier for us to add new features to the site in the future, so keep those suggestions coming!

All the Best,
Bryce

Attachments

• tag-search.jpg
    tag-search.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 62
Thanks Bryce! I look forward to seeing the finished product. :)

if I don't know mike's last name, if I just say mike oral. what will I get?

a robust search would tell me that there are 25 oral episodes with the spelling mike or mikey and show me (jpg) of the 4 or 5 mikes. for me the idea is for the customer to ask for the information in form they want it. the problem with must search engines is they allow for searches the way the provides prefers to store the information. the better system links the data in a manner that allows retrieval in a non-structured way. if I know a name and a zip code, then I can get the address. if I know the address, then I can get the zip code. just saying I don't care how the information is stored, I want to view it my way. the information you get should not depend upon knowing how to request the information. I want to see episodes with mike and I want to see oral episodes. my goal is not find mike's last name, just his oral episodes.

Last edited:
a robust search would tell me that there are 25 oral episodes with the spelling mike or mikey and show me (jpg) of the 4 or 5 mikes. for me the idea is for the customer to ask for the information in form they want it. the problem with must search engines is they allow for searches the way the provides prefers to store the information. the better system links the data in a manner that allows retrieval in a non-structured way. if I know a name and a zip code, then I can get the address. if I know the address, then I can get the zip code. just saying I don't care how the information is stored, I want to view it my way. the information you get should not depend upon knowing how to request the information. I want to see episodes with mike and I want to see oral episodes. my goal is not find mike's last name, just his oral episodes.

You are right on, another! Your post is especially true for computer luddites such as I.

Regarding search when you don't know the models full name... Here is an example. I did a search for "Romeo Oral" so I'm only using the first name of the model.

Here's what the search spit back to me:

Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 10.30.15 AM.jpg

You are right on, another! Your post is especially true for computer luddites such as I.
some of my best friends are luddites.
Regarding search when you don't know the models full name... Here is an example. I did a search for "Romeo Oral" so I'm only using the first name of the model.

Here's what the search spit back to me:

View attachment 10948

Bryce, thanks for the rapid response. I think we are going to have fun with this.
I see the 'romeo oral' response with all episodes that start with the name romeo in the title. romeo fucks paul shows up, but paul fucks romeo does not. 'romeo shows off' appears and is not what I would call an oral episode or an episode with oral, unless you count romeo tasting his own nectar as oral enough to be considered an episode with oral.
thanks for your attention and hard work.

some of my best friends are luddites.

Bryce, thanks for the rapid response. I think we are going to have fun with this.
I see the 'romeo oral' response with all episodes that start with the name romeo in the title. romeo fucks paul shows up, but paul fucks romeo does not. 'romeo shows off' appears and is not what I would call an oral episode or an episode with oral, unless you count romeo tasting his own nectar as oral enough to be considered an episode with oral.
thanks for your attention and hard work.

We don't want much. Do we? Only absolute perfection. (As each of us sees it) lol :lol: :001_rolleyes:

Well for people not being able to work out what I suggested earlier suggests they should spend more time on the keyboard and less time jerking off at the movies lol

We don't want much. Do we? Only absolute perfection. (As each of us sees it) lol :lol: :001_rolleyes:

Well for people not being able to work out what I suggested earlier suggests they should spend more time on the keyboard and less time jerking off at the movies lol

I am not expecting anything close to perfection. I am just eager to see what this baby can do on the open highway. maybe see how it handles stops and starts in city driving. two different experiences. looking for the maximum capacity.
oral episodes are different from episodes with oral. most episodes with anal include oral. wondering if the two categories could be separated?

as I download an episode, I give it a title based upon the first names of the models in that episode. I add the release date and sometimes I add whether it is an anal or oral episode. then I create a playlist for my media player. the search feature in the media player lets me ask for all episode with colin, jason , blake or paul. if I ask for all episodes with jason and blake regardless of whether I entered it on the playlist as blake and jason, I will get any episodes with those two names. if my media player can do it, then I thought blumedia could do it too.
I spend more time with my hands on the keyboard than myself. lol
for me it has become more an exercise in record keeping than an erotic experience. ah! but there are exceptions. that fact and the forum keep me coming back.

Looking good guys cant wait till the release of this again awesome job with thbis

The forum section looks nice! Will have to get used to the darkness though. I see there is no option to lighten it up at the bottom of the page anymore. Is this not offered anymore?

Also I liked the option to search for a particular models name then scene. Now you have to sort through all scenes to find an old one. Is there a easier step then what i'm doing?

Did you try using the new search in the header at the top?

- Best, Bryce