• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Download speeds...?

I was wondering if there's a download speed limiter on Broke Straight Boys videos? I notice that my connection is blazing fast with non-Broke Straight Boys downloads (Straight Boys JO or College Boy Physicals), but when I download straight from Broke Straight Boys it maxes out at 175KB/s but usually hovers around 110 or 80.
that would be one for Mark or Dave. Mine is usely 100 or 110 kb/s. I'm glad to see your still here, hope all is well with you and your loved ones this holliday weekend.

I am not a computer wiz by any means but I have wished that the download time was faster for just streaming the vids.

Thanks, Mark. I only stream the vids. They load very quickly for me. I guess I better stop bitching about my internet provider. They are really very good!

More than likely the reason that you see higher speeds on the other sites is that the number of people trying to download from them is different. They might be at different IPs so their transfer rates are different. I'm not sure of the host's configuration but based on my knowledge of networking my guess is that they are on different boxes, or least virtual boxes so have different bandwiths. Broke Straight Boys being a more popular site therefore ends up with slower transfer rates than Straight Boys JO.

More than likely the reason that you see higher speeds on the other sites is that the number of people trying to download from them is different. They might be at different IPs so their transfer rates are different. I'm not sure of the host's configuration but based on my knowledge of networking my guess is that they are on different boxes, or least virtual boxes so have different bandwiths. Broke Straight Boys being a more popular site therefore ends up with slower transfer rates than Straight Boys JO.

Good points. I'm with Roadrunner in Florida. I'm happy with their service overall, and their cable TV and DVR service in particular. As far as streaming the Broke Straight Boys vids though it takes a good 5-6 minutes usually for them to complete the temporary download process. For me at least... When watching favorite vids I obviously would like to be able to skip through the first 5 minutes of the opening small talk that I've already heard several times. Roadrunner offers 2 faster download speeds above the standard one. But they want an extra $15-$25 a month for each additional upgrade. So it's hardly worth it unless you are working from home in a high volume customer service, or a highly specialized, high tech line of work.

It's not just your connection that can slow it down. Personally I prefer higher speeds since that means a lot less trouble with streaming.

Broke Straight Boys is actually on a really good server and the members area is on a seperate server that is even more powerful. The server is barely working, it has some amazing power. If you are experiencing slowness let me know and I will have my host check it out.

Mark

The server isn't necessarily what determines the speed that people download at. It's generally determined by the network that it is running off of. 100 KB/S is still fairly decent speeds when you consider all the things that can go into that network. Plus remember if you're on a cable connection you're sharing bandwith with everyone on the same grid so if someone else is downloading stuff you'll go slower too.

I actually download the movie with an average 550kps

Scorp.....when i read that ... i just had a sudden uurge to put u across my lap