• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Do you worry about death?

mitch768292

Banned
Reaction score
My family has a history of cardiovascular disease. Strokes (hardening of the arteries) and heart attacks.

I live alone. If I had a heart attack I would probably die because there is no one here to call the ambulance. It would be at least 24 hours before my assistant would notice that I was not in the office and then he would come to my house if he could not get me on the phone. By then it is too late.

Do you worry about stuff like this?

Do you ever wonder how you will die? Car wreck? Fall and stab yourself through the heart with a knitting needle? Heart attack? Jealous husband? Street crime?

Yes. I think about it fairly often. I'm sure we have all considered it. Some more often than others.

I have to add the caveat that if these thoughts are persistent then even amateur psychologists will tell you that you need to be evaluated for depression. For one of the symptoms of depression is a fixation on death and a constant fear of dying.

I suffer from depression myself but gave up on medications. Since I quit the horrible job I was in years ago I am much better now. Thinking about death is natural but it should not become an obsession.

The only things I have ever done is organize my financial records, my living will, and assign my power of attorney. Once a year my best friend and my cousin get together and review everything that is it. The only thing I have ever concerned myself with is not being a burden on others. So, I have made that plan.

One thing I learned from Tom Sawyer is from the time we are born and take our first breath we are destined to die. It is inevitable. Live your life well and live your life true and you will not have any regrets. I just choose to live my life wondering what I can accomplish next rather than when am I going to die or how... I know I have some medical issues going on right now that are correctable and I am doing fine. I trust God knows how best to guide me and he will take me home when my earthly journey is done. :thumbup:

Last edited:
It's not death that scares me. It's the dying. I lost my mother in a car crash. A neighbor kid went through a stop sign. I was the first person on the scene, and she was alive and conscious. She died in surgery. I lost my stepmother in a car crash. She went through a stop sign. I had to remove my father's and her personal items from the car. What are the odds that a man loses 2 wives in car crashes? There are many eerie coincidences in how they died, when they died, the dates, etc. etc. I watched my father die from heart failure a year and a half ago. It took several months, and either my siblings or I were with him every day. For that I will be forever grateful. We got to show him how much we loved him.

What bums me out about death, is all the things I will miss out on in this life. It will be nice to see those who have left before me when I go to the other side. I live day to day, and try to enjoy each one as much as I can.

It's not the dying I fear, it's the not living until I die that scares me. I think I addressed this in another thread. As my friends recently reminded me, "I want to live while I'm alive!". Thank you for that!

With love, I am,

Why worry about it, accept that it is going to happen and embrace it.

Yes. I think about it fairly often. I'm sure we have all considered it. Some more often than others.

I have to add the caveat that if these thoughts are persistent then even amateur psychologists will tell you that you need to be evaluated for depression. For one of the symptoms of depression is a fixation on death and a constant fear of dying.

I suffer from depression myself but gave up on medications. Since I quit the horrible job I was in years ago I am much better now. Thinking about death is natural but it should not become an obsession.

I am not afraid of death, oh not at all. I just wonder how I will die, will I die alone.

Last edited:
When it is time to go.......

I believe my steps are growin' wearier each day
Still I got another journey on my mind
Lures of this old world have ceased to make me wanna stay
And my one regret is leavin' you behind
But if it proves to be his will that I am first to cross
And somehow I'll be feelin' it will be
When it comes your times to travel like wise don't feel lost
For I will be the first one that you'll see
And I'll be waiting on the far side banks of Jordan
I'll be sitting drawing pictures in the sand
And when I see you coming I will rise up with a shout
And come running through the shallow water reaching for your hand

Through this life we labor hard to earn our meager fare
It's brought us trembling hands and failing eyes
So I'll just rest here on this shore and turn my eyes away
Until you come then we'll see paradise
And I'll be waiting on the far side banks of Jordan
I'll be sitting drawing pictures in the sand
And when I see you coming I will rise up with a shout
And come running through the shallow water reaching for your hand

Go here to listen to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSbY_rWJ3gk

Last edited:
It's not the dying I fear, it's the not living until I die that scares me. I think I addressed this in another thread. As my friends recently reminded me, "I want to live while I'm alive!". Thank you for that!

With love, I am,

Here, here, to living:thumbup: :waw:

It's not death that scares me. It's the dying. I lost my mother in a car crash. A neighbor kid went through a stop sign. I was the first person on the scene, and she was alive and conscious. She died in surgery. I lost my stepmother in a car crash. She went through a stop sign. I had to remove my father's and her personal items from the car. What are the odds that a man loses 2 wives in car crashes? There are many eerie coincidences in how they died, when they died, the dates, etc. etc. I watched my father die from heart failure a year and a half ago. It took several months, and either my siblings or I were with him every day. For that I will be forever grateful. We got to show him how much we loved him.

What bums me out about death, is all the things I will miss out on in this life. It will be nice to see those who have left before me when I go to the other side. I live day to day, and try to enjoy each one as much as I can.

Paris,
That is so incredibly sad that I am at a loss for words. My God, you poor boy. I just can't imagine what you went through. God Bless and keep you.

Mitch

Living/Dying

As some of you know, I have AIDS. I have been told several times that I only had a few months to live and yet I am here. I have seen many die horrible deaths and I have witnessed the beauty of many peaceful passings.

I remember reading "La Dama del Alba" (in spanish). Death visits a small mining town disguised as a pilgrim. He was staying at a local home. An old man at the house recognized him from a mine collapse and starts to cry. Why do you weep asks Death. Because I know not what is on the other side says the old man. Death laughs and says Old fool why do you think babies cry at birth?

Birth and death are alike. My faith tells me that when I die I will be going home to the place I can't remember but is from whence I came.

I have concerns about the process of dying. I can only hope that I can allow myself to go in a peaceful passing. I hope I won't be alone. All I can do is try to live my life in such a way that there will be people I care for there when the time comes.

Say thank you in the morning for you have awakened to the gift of a new day. Say thank you at night for the blessing of another day to live and grow. I do.

Jayce

As some of you know, I have AIDS. I have been told several times that I only had a few months to live and yet I am here. I have seen many die horrible deaths and I have witnessed the beauty of many peaceful passings.

I remember reading "La Dama del Alba" (in spanish). Death visits a small mining town disguised as a pilgrim. He was staying at a local home. An old man at the house recognized him from a mine collapse and starts to cry. Why do you weep asks Death. Because I know not what is on the other side says the old man. Death laughs and says Old fool why do you think babies cry at birth?

Birth and death are alike. My faith tells me that when I die I will be going home to the place I can't remember but is from whence I came.

I have concerns about the process of dying. I can only hope that I can allow myself to go in a peaceful passing. I hope I won't be alone. All I can do is try to live my life in such a way that there will be people I care for there when the time comes.

Say thank you in the morning for you have awakened to the gift of a new day. Say thank you at night for the blessing of another day to live and grow. I do.

Jayce

Well said Jayce...

Psychic Sylvia Brown said when some one dies don't light a candel for them. Light it for you... They are having a party on the other side. :thumbup: I know her words to be true...

Paris,
That is so incredibly sad that I am at a loss for words. My God, you poor boy. I just can't imagine what you went through. God Bless and keep you.

Mitch

Thank you, Mitch. Living ain't easy.

That is so true Paris. The departed have it the easiest. They are home again and happy. We are the ones who are left behind mourning our loss and picking up the pieces. I'm so sorry that you were put in that position so often. Bless your heart.

Jayce,

Thank you so much for sharing some of your story. You're an inspiration to us all to sieze the day and be grateful for all that we have while we're still here. Please know that we send you all our best wishes for health and happiness.

Thank you

That is so true Paris. The departed have it the easiest. They are home again and happy. We are the ones who are left behind mourning our loss and picking up the pieces. I'm so sorry that you were put in that position so often. Bless your heart.

Jayce,

Thank you so much for sharing some of your story. You're an inspiration to us all to sieze the day and be grateful for all that we have while we're still here. Please know that we send you all our best wishes for health and happiness.

I thank you all for your warmth and your love. We are all connected in ways we can only imagine. The joys of one are the joys of all, the sorrows of one are the sorrows of us all. Together we are whole.

Jayce

I thank you all for your warmth and your love. We are all connected in ways we can only imagine. The joys of one are the joys of all, the sorrows of one are the sorrows of us all. Together we are whole.

Jayce

I will pray for you, really I will. God Bless you.

Mitch

Jayce

So true Jayce... Because we are born into separate bodies we fall into the trap of believing that we are separate from our brothers/sisters. The truth is that there is no separation. Our souls are a spark of divinity that came from the same Source. We are all in this adventure together. We are all blessed children of God. And he plays no favorites. He is an equal opportunity Creator.

Peace, Love and Light to you my brother.

I've looked after other people who weren't in as good shape as I, were either much younger or much older, or had some further problem (drugs, schizophrenia), all my life. And have just occasionally wondered how the caregivers end up. There are support groups for people under the stress of taking care of others, and a time or two I've been tempted to look into that, but one of the major stress-out factors in having the responsibility for someone else is total lack of time, so it's a non-starter concept in a way.

Caregivers are often found to have been more or less unknowingly harboring some important ailment of their own that they haven't had time to address. I think that's what's gonna happen to me.

So true Jayce... Because we are born into separate bodies we fall into the trap of believing that we are separate from our brothers/sisters. The truth is that there is no separation. Our souls are a spark of divinity that came from the same Source. We are all in this adventure together. We are all blessed children of God. And he plays no favorites. He is an equal opportunity Creator.

You got it brother...

So true...... And while I am a christian I want to say that I respect and venerate Buddha, Allah, the Great Spirit and all other beings of light be they he, she, it or they. Who knows if they aren't all the same being?

Good done in the name of evil is still good, evil done in the name of good is still evil. What we do is more important than in whose name it is done.
(That is the crux of my Middle East peace plan..... that and the fact that Jehovah, Allah and God the Father are all names for one God, the God of Abraham).

I'm glad that I have found souls here in the forum that stimulate thought that leads to enlightenment.

As I was, am, and ever shall be, yours,

Jayce