• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Do you have pets? + scary morning

scorpio

Reaction score
I woke up this morning, made my coffee, let the dogs out in the backyard. i have 3 dogs. 2 of them went back in, the other one stayed outside. 30 minutes later, i went to check on her and no Shadow (that's her name). I started panicking. Checked all around and saw that a part of the fence was down. Oh man, i freaked out!! I didn't know which way to run, out of the 4 different directions, i took the right one. I found her wandering half a mile away. I was exhausted but i'm sooo happy i got her back. There was definately someone looking after us this morning and whoever it is, i'm so thankful.

The fence all around my house is really decent and tall, but on one side, it's still an old fence that the previous owner had built himself and it sucks! We always wanted to change it but never did... now is the occasion to do to... i already contacted some companies so hopefully it can be done soon.

I just took pictures of our decent fence, the crappy fence and the guilty dog.

Anyway, it leads to the question: Do you have pets?
I have 3: A siberian husky, an old english sheep dog and a beagle. I love them to death.

What a scary morning.

Attachments

• fence.jpg
    fence.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 33
  • shadow.jpg
    shadow.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 30
  • decent.jpg
    decent.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Well that must have made for a heart racing morning!! I'm glad you get her back man, it's scary when pets vanish like that because you don't stop thinking the worst until you find them. She's a lovely husky as well, with eyes like that it would be hard to blame her for anything lol.

I have 2 cats, both black, Brenna and Elise.

I love pets. I have a black cat who acts more like dog than a cat.

I think my pets are wat keep me sane sometimes, i have a cat, named Kessler, yea like the drink, a dog named Boomer, a Hedgehog named Fluffy, and a snake named Dalton. I would go nuts without them, they are like my rock, and i find myself talkin to them all the time.

Officially, I have a 40 gallon fish tank with Tropical freshwater fish.

Un-officially I have a lizard about 12" long in my back yard. (Now this is really a back yard, not a Jayman 10-15 minutes away back yard). He made his spring appearance in a quite shocking way. A little over a week ago my roommate was getting a jacket off the hook on his bedroom door. As he did, dropping to the floor was the lizard, which scared the shit out of him. Well he was kind enough to catch him and release him out back.

Now the question is how the hell did he get into the house and upstairs into his jacket? Good question? Right? Well yesterday I belief I found the answer.

As I was opening up my sliding door to go out back I herd a thump. And low and behold I saw my "pet" lizard. He must have been sunning himself on the white ledge between the glass sliding door and the retracting screen door. I let him stay there as I went out to do errands. When I came back, he was gone. This would be a perfect place to catch the morning sun. I'll bet that about a week ago my "pet" was there and when someone opened the door he quickly got out of the way and in this case came into the house, unknown to either of us.

So now, every time we open the door, we look down. One nice thing about my "pet" lizard, he helps keep down the unwanted critters.

Well that's my pet story.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid

Great story, vicekid! Creepy, but good!

I have an Arabian mare. Not really a house pet, but she is my pet. I also have an 18yr old cat. She is the sweetest thing. She is showing her age, but she greets me at the door every time I come home. I don't know what I will do when she is gone. I don't think I will get another. No cat could measure up to her.

Parisnoyd, that's exactly how I felt back in 2002 when I had to have my first cat (Ernie) put down. He was 14 years old. Got him when he was about 8 months old. I just lost it but he had some health issues that were not treatable, so I had the vet to put him down. I still have his personalized ID tag that I keep on my key chain.
I did get another cat back in November 2004. Her name is Precious and she is a Tortuous Shell, (member of the Calico bread) and she will be 5 years old in August. She is such a sweetie and loves to play, meets me at the door and is quite a lap cat. I also have a parakeet and a 10 gallon aquarium with 8 tropical fresh water fish. It's quite a chore keeping all of them happy, clean and fed, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Oh and by the way, Precious is strictly an indoor cat. We live in an upstairs apartment on the second floor and have a balcony. She enjoys being out there.
Always, Gary

I have two dogs. The white one is Josh and the brown one is Taylor and my best bud. (I love them both, but Taylor is definitely more attached to me. Josh seem to prefer my partner's lap.)

Once in a great while one of them will get out without a leash and run across the street to see the neighbor dog. We live on a very quiet street and there is usually not any traffic. But they still make my blood run cold when they do that. If they are just out exploring, they don't cross the street, but if they see a rabbit, another dog or some other distraction, they go off like a shot.

Attachments

• Aunt_Margaret's_2008_Visit_029.jpg
    Aunt_Margaret's_2008_Visit_029.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 33
  • House-spring2007_024.jpg
    House-spring2007_024.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 30
  • House-spring2007_030.jpg
    House-spring2007_030.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 31
Before carl moved from Albuquerque six years ago, I had just adopted my third terrier. He is a jack russell. My first terrier was a Brindle pit/boxer and my second, which had just recently died from liver cancer, was a fox terrier. So the Jack was originally brought home to mend the hole in my heart, and keep the pit company when I travelled. Well, within two weeks, the Jack and the Pit decided to leave on their own little trip. Since we live in a VERY busy area with lots of traffic, I feared the worst. Looked for 7 days, no luck. Had flyers everywhere, and called all the rescue places. Had given up hope and was trying to control the tears, when a phone call from a friend suggested that I VISIT the rescue places, not just call. He picked me up, we drove to one on the other side of the river,about 6 miles away. The young lady behind the counter listened to my sad saga, and blubbering, patted my hand and said, "They got here last nite, let me go get them!!!" Sure enough, they had stayed together, were picked up together, and then penned together. Between all the tears, I was able to get both of them tagged with the electronic ID tags, so hopefully they would never be lost again. When Carl and I decided to get a female Rotty to round out our family, the other two fell in love with her. She had had trouble with a family as a puppy, and was going to be euthanized, but I just couldn't let that happen, so I begged Carl to give her a chance, he did, and we have never had a moments regret. Late last year, just before Thanksgiving, the dogs were missing and I began searching the back yard. I found the Jack and the Rotty lying next to their friend the Pit, who had passed peacefully in the early morning, at the age of 18. Until I picked his body up, they would not leave his side. To this day, they continue to stay by each others side, play, eat, sleep, and protect us and each other.

We also have a Koi Pond as well as an Asian turtle, and a possum and several racoons which have adopted us. Oh yeah, also one very large chiclid, (Oscar) who has his own 50 gallon aquarium. Yeah, they all keep us busy!!

Last edited:
Parisnoyd, that's exactly how I felt back in 2002 when I had to have my first cat (Ernie) put down. He was 14 years old. Got him when he was about 8 months old. I just lost it but he had some health issues that were not treatable, so I had the vet to put him down. I still have his personalized ID tag that I keep on my key chain.
I did get another cat back in November 2004. Her name is Precious and she is a Tortuous Shell, (member of the Calico bread) and she will be 5 years old in August. She is such a sweetie and loves to play, meets me at the door and is quite a lap cat. I also have a parakeet and a 10 gallon aquarium with 8 tropical fresh water fish. It's quite a chore keeping all of them happy, clean and fed, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Oh and by the way, Precious is strictly an indoor cat. We live in an upstairs apartment on the second floor and have a balcony. She enjoys being out there.
Always, Gary
Gary, I thought I was gonna lose her in December. She went blind and just turned very old one night. I was a puddle. I took her to the vet, thinking I was going to have to put her to sleep. I cried all the way there, and while I was waiting to see the vet. She said her retinas had detached due to high blood pressure. I asked if this had been an ongoing problem. She said no. It happens very quickly in cats. The vet was amazed at how comfortable she was walking around the examining room, even though she couldn't see and was unfamiliar with the room. I asked her if I needed to put her to sleep. She said she wasn't ready to do that yet. She prescribed human high blood pressure meds for her. She said if her blood pressure was controlled, she could get her sight back. She has! I first noticed when she was watching the screen saver on my computer. She was following it! She is thin and weaker than she used to be, but my old lady cat just keeps on ticking. I didn't realize how hard it will be to lose her, until she went blind. I don't know, maybe one day I will get another, but I can't think about that now.

I had a to put down my cat about 3 years ago. His name was El Nino and was not the best cat. He was fine wiyh me, but wouldn't go near anyone else. If anyone else tried to go near him he would hiss and try to bite them. When I had to have him put to sleep I was sad, but we were never that close.

My new cat, Cubby, is an amazing cat, friendly and acts more like a dog than a cat. Him and I are best buddies and I would be devastated if anything ever happened to Cubby.