• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Do we really need to be selling AK-47s?

Jerrys, so you agree that an AK-47 should not be for sale to the civilian market here in the US? I may be putting words in your mouth. Of course, the criminal crowd is not going to follow the law. But that is another problem. However, if the gun is banned, and you are found with one in your possession, then you have a problem.

Yes I would be in deep trouble. Like I said earlier you can not own or possess any fully automatic weapon in Tennessee. It is a Federal Crime. I don't own one and I don't want one. There are many weapons superior to the AK-47. I can own a 50 caliber rifle as long as it is not fully automatic.

Jerry, I am confused. You are telling me an AK-47 is a fully automatic weapon in the state of Tennessee. It is a Federal Crime. However, It appears you can buy one in Florida, where it not a Federal crime? Who controls gun laws, the Fed, the states, both?

The State makes it's on gun laws,however the State and the Feds control these laws.

Really what's the purpose of an assault rifle in a modern American community - target practice? I don't think so. There is always a segment of our society who is suspicious of the government and want their weapons handy just in case something the government does threatens them whether it is imagined or real. It is just plain crazy to have an automatic weapon in a urban setting.

I don't believe that a person needs an AK-47 for hunting, but sure is nice to live in a country that you can buy one if you want one.

Now if only I could buy a 100 Watt incandescent light bulb!!