• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Colin coming soon

i am convinced that random polling and self-selected polling give the same results.

My feeling has always been that the 1-5 voting system here is more like the "letters to the editor" in the local newspaper, or the comments that follow an internet posting by subscribed readers to that site. I feel that the people who respond may have a particular reason or agenda, and it's not a scientific representative of what "Joe Average" thinks.

I hold much greater respect for surveys taken by professional pollsters, such as the Nielson ratings folks, or the network pollsters who do exit polling during elections, which prove to be very accurate.

I do believe that a large percentage of the active forumites do vote, but I don't think that we necessarily represent the majority of members of the site who may just watch the videos, "take care of business", and log off, possibly with a smile on their face. :001_tongue:

pick 3 or 4 episodes and see how your vote would compare with the rating that episode got.
i would be interested to know the results.

I picked 3 episodes, 1 new one, 2 in the members favorites.

Kodi Anthony had a 4.2. I gave it a 3.

Blake Bennet Jason had a 4.7. I gave it a 5.

Shane Josh had a 4.3. I gave it a 5.

I picked 3 episodes, 1 new one, 2 in the members favorites.

Kodi Anthony had a 4.2. I gave it a 3.

Blake Bennet Jason had a 4.7. I gave it a 5.

Shane Josh had a 4.3. I gave it a 5.

look at the 500 or so episodes and i suggest that scenes that are rated high would be rated high by most viewers. individual preferences may vary, but the overall result would be the same.
even an episode you would rated low still didn't go below 3.0.

by any measure, i know i am always entertained by colin. in my mind, that is what counts for me.

I never pay much attention to the "ratings". They are random, and unscientific, as many members of the site don't even realize that they are there.

I'd love for Mark to tell us what percentage of overall membership of the site actually vote.

If I was told that it was a larger percentage than I suspect, I would pay more attention.

the ratings like any poll depend upon who decides to vote.
every election is subject to a transient majority.
the results have only the value you give them.
i am a big fan of measurement tools.
either Broke Straight Boys has gotten better or the ratings showing an trend toward 4.0 productions is incorrect.
i don't think it's by chance that my favorites rate high or that they fare well in the forum.
good taste on my part and good performance well presented are the reason.

I agree with you both. And in the Broke Straight Boys voting system the shields represent different categories for different people. For instance for me a 1 is poor; 2, fair; 3, average; 4, very good; 5, exceptional. And then there is the criteria which is used to judge each category. Obviously, all that is subjective. My dear friend, mikey, and I share a lot of the same likes and dislikes when it comes to what makes a hot scene. But there are also some differences. So we could look at a scene, even if we had the same voting parameters, and judge it differently because of the content and how it appeals to each of us.

Also, I'm not a big fan of solo scenes. Even though I watch them, I don't vote on them because I would normally vote low, and I don't want to skew the results. However, if the solo scene is particularly horrid or exceptionally good, then I vote because I'm voting based on the scene as I react to it, not just because it's a bland solo.

-

Last edited:
I am also very excited. I just hope colin gets back to being the Colin we all fell in love with. The sexy bottom bitch that could take anything that was thrown at him and more and always have 100% in every scene. His last two were ok but something seemed like it was missing. I still watch Colin scenes. The one with Rocco is one of my all time favorite scenes. Carter is smokin hot and has a great package that should be unwrapped and enjoyed by colin. I do have high hopes. I know Colin won't let us down and either will carter.

look at the 500 or so episodes and i suggest that scenes that are rated high would be rated high by most viewers. individual preferences may vary, but the overall result would be the same.
even an episode you would rated low still didn't go below 3.0.
there are about 700 episodes.

It is summer vacation.............I have no idea what day it is?????

Don't tease...I'm thigh high in snow (that's only a very slight exaggeration) and cuddled up with my fave fluffy blanket in front of the fire, in the southern hemisphere. And I know what day it is...a damn cold one! :down:

Don't tease...I'm thigh high in snow (that's only a very slight exaggeration) and cuddled up with my fave fluffy blanket in front of the fire, in the southern hemisphere. And I know what day it is...a damn cold one! :down:

Hey Grace. Just wondering. What is this season called down there? Does summer mean cold snowy weather and winter mean warm/hot weather there or are you now in winter and looking forward summer?

Hey Grace. Just wondering. What is this season called down there? Does summer mean cold snowy weather and winter mean warm/hot weather there or are you now in winter and looking forward summer?

Hi Robb, The season are the same as in the northern hemisphere only we encounter them in reverse. We're in the middle of winter now with spring starting in September, summer officially begins in December and Autumn (I think US folk call it fall) starts in March.

The school children and almost everyone else if they can, have a summer break which starts around Christmas and continues until mid February.

The temperature in Tassie ranges from around -5C/23F on a chilly winter morning to 30C/86F plus on a really hot day, although the hottest day I can recall was 45C/113F .

The interesting thing about our summer is how quickly the sun can burn your skin, even on low temperature days. A scientist could probably tell us exactly why, but there are several guesses...angle of the sun or the fact we have no smog, are the usual theories, also the hole in the ozone layer is fairly close. Unfortunately visitors from the mainland usually find out the hard way.

Hi Robb, The season are the same as in the northern hemisphere only we encounter them in reverse. We're in the middle of winter now with spring starting in September, summer officially begins in December and Autumn (I think US folk call it fall) starts in March.

The school children and almost everyone else if they can, have a summer break which starts around Christmas and continues until mid February.

The temperature in Tassie ranges from around -5C/23F on a chilly winter morning to 30C/86F plus on a really hot day, although the hottest day I can recall was 45C/113F .

The interesting thing about our summer is how quickly the sun can burn your skin, even on low temperature days. A scientist could probably tell us exactly why, but there are several guesses...angle of the sun or the fact we have no smog, are the usual theories, also the hole in the ozone layer is fairly close. Unfortunately visitors from the mainland usually find out the hard way.
Hey Grace. Thanks so much for answering my question. I knew that your weather pattern was opposite from ours, but just never ever thought about the reverse of the season's names as well. You would think that a man of my age would have thought of everything by now.

Having lived in Florida for twenty something years, I grew accustomed to the warm winters and HOT summers, but the names of the seasons were the same as in the northern states. It is sort of amazing to me that you are now in the middle of winter. (It doesn't take much to amaze me.)

Thanks again.

Hey Grace. Thanks so much for answering my question. I knew that your weather pattern was opposite from ours, but just never ever thought about the reverse of the season's names as well. You would think that a man of my age would have thought of everything by now.

Having lived in Florida for twenty something years, I grew accustomed to the warm winters and HOT summers, but the names of the seasons were the same as in the northern states. It is sort of amazing to me that you are now in the middle of winter. (It doesn't take much to amaze me.)

Thanks again.

Geez, I wish I was in the middle of winter!