• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

BSB Forum birthdays - what's happened?

stowe1

Ye Olde Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Did I miss a thread or a post about birthdays of forum members no longer being put on the Forum homepage? I've been checking for quite a while now, and there have been none. Perhaps there is just a dearth of birthdays in March and April, but I'm just wondering. I thought that was a nice touch to the forum and would like to see it back.

Just watching the days pass by until...

Did I miss a thread or a post about birthdays of forum members no longer being put on the Forum homepage? I've been checking for quite a while now, and there have been none. Perhaps there is just a dearth of birthdays in March and April, but I'm just wondering. I thought that was a nice touch to the forum and would like to see it back.

Dear Stowe1,

I hadn't noticed until you brought this up. As a "boner"-fied credit card carrying Broke Straight Boys member just about to celebrate my 64th before a "fortnight" passes by, I guess I cannot help but to claim my conflict-of-interest preoccupation in the "birthday notification" arena.:w00t: All I can say is first of all I hope birthday notices will be going out henceforth, and secondly I won't be getting all of my licks in one big lump!:smiley-sex020:

Lets hope this notification feature is up and running REAL soon!:smiley-sex022:

Saving my breath for blowing out all them birthday candles!:torte:

Stimpy, almost one year older and still ticking people off! lol

:crying2:If a birthday is not posted on the message board, under "today's birthdays," no one will know about it.:crying2:

Some people don't want to share their special day.......

True, MsK. But for those who don't want it known they need only not post it on their profile page. That's where the birthday info comes from.

:crying2:If a birthday is not posted on the message board, under "today's birthdays," no one will know about it.:crying2:

Some people don't want to share their special day.......

Dear Ms. K:

I am a luddite when it comes to computer and online things, protocols, etc. So I don't want you to think I'm being snarky with this comment, because I'm not. But I have no idea what you are talking about. By messge board, do you mean the forum? And where is this "today's birthdays"?

All I know is that last fall I started to see people wishing others a happy birthday on the forum. And I believe it was mikeyank who told me about birthdays being shown at the bottom of the main forum page. And that's how I discovered that and then looked it up in the faq. And I checked that tonight and it says something about a calendar (don't know what that is) and it ends by stating, "If you enter your birthday your name will also appear on the main forum page when it is your birthday". And it is that feature that I have noticed has been missing for the past several months. And I think it should be returned because it adds to the sense of family that makes the forum so special. It could very well be that with all the changes taking place recently on the site, that this feature was inadvertently erased and I thought it should be brought to people's attention.

I didn't know about the B-day list either. Well guess I have to wait until next year, my b-day was last month YEAH PISCES!!!

it has always been a special day for me.
i remember my mother saying she was glad it happened when it did.
may 5th!
will add it to my profile.
:offtopic:
taurus with scorpio rising and moon in aquarius.
bullheaded, protective, dreamer

it has always been a special day for me.
i remember my mother saying she was glad it happened when it did.
may 5th!
will add it to my profile.
:offtopic:
taurus with scorpio rising and moon in aquarius.
bullheaded, protective, dreamer
Cinco de mayo huh?

I wish we could put Steve in charge of health care and global warming. LOL