• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

BrokeStraightBoys.com to be featured in LOGO's newest drama series "DTLA"

I am shocked that no one on the board has commented on Jimmy on the show ? is everyone in shock? or was I the only one that watched?

Soooo, who can it be? Which model is popular, has a TV friendly manner and MIA lately....depending how long ago they actually made the episodes...?

Jason, Kodi...
I am shocked that no one on the board has commented on Jimmy on the show ? is everyone in shock? or was I the only one that watched?
When Grace asked which MIA model was going to appear, I almost sarcastically was going to answer Jimmy, but decided against it.

I DVR'ed the show, but haven't checked it out yet. Is it really Jimmy??????? Wow!

Disappointed! I guess I must be SLOW WITTED

Disregarding the fact that Jimmy made a brief appearance, I guess outside of recognizing the beautiful "Noah" from another series on LOGO, I was more than a little bit disappointed with what appeared to be a disjointed hodge-podge of unconnected plots and actors with no real purpose for being there, all going in 100 different directions at the same time.:001_unsure: I fully realize any new series has to find its audience, but I really couldn't get locked on to any one character or part of the initial show.

In sharp contrast, in the series "QUEER AS FOLK", the two main characters(the advertising executive and the art student) were easily locked into and they had an instant, universal appeal. So did other supporting actors. I loved all the seasons of QAF that appeared on Showtime(I think?) and have later on purchased all the DVD's as proof of my genuine appreciation.

I think "DTLA" will take a little more time to grow on me some! I already have the next episode pre-programmed to record on my receiver. What I saw on last night's initial show, it was not easy to find an interesting character or plot for me at this stage of the show. I hope it amounts to much more than a slightly glossed over, gay-rendition of the various "The Real Housewives of..." series ad nauseum. These shows only offered something designed to appeal to people with narssisistic personality disorder who mostly love the sound of their own voice and I find this series of housewives completely trite and totally without merit.

On the otherhand, what I love about the "1 Girl, 5 Gays" talk show series on LOGO is that there is a mixture of gay personalities with individual drama, intense sharings of personal life experiences, honest talk, and lots and lots of humor coming from normal conversations based on their current life - all done spontaneously. Gay guys included in "1G5G" represents "the broader spectrum of the gay experience" and I feel any gay-oriented show still needs to challenge the typical stereotypes and educate people still clinging to "old stereotypes", usually acquired out of shere ignorance or lack of exposure! I feel we in the "Gay community" must make a concerted effort to reeducate the viewing public (including even the Gay Audience) as "Priority ONE"! Focusing only on the shallow and fleeting moments in the Gay bar/clubbing scene or cruise night at the most popular public parks, without focusing in the real day-to-day countless contributions of gays from all stripes and all walks in life in the regular world misses the point entirely in my book!

I hope DTLA has higher purposes and longer range goals than merely tantalizing the audience like so many other sensationalized reality-shows have done, being based mostly on the shock factor. Those shows only continue negatively to reinforcing existing prejudices and stereotypes used against gays. We definitely don't need more of the same!

Sincerely not expecting PERFECTION or even what I found:scared: :confused:

Stimpy

Well, that was a big let down! An uncredited cameo by Jimmy Johnson. Now in all fairness Mark in his press release did say this Broke Straight Boys person would be "featured in a multi-episode arc". But if the model Mark is alluding to is Jimmy then his cameo did nothing to connect him to any of the main characters. Also how many episodes are in this season? They're going to have to move at warp spped to develop this story arc.

As far as the show itself, it is insipid, but so are many shows similar to it, straight or gay themed. I'll continue to record it and watch if for no other reason than to see the Broke Straight Boys commercials which Mark has said will be forthcoming.

If Jimmy is the model Mark alluded to then that will put to rest all the speculation surrounding Jimmy's departure from Broke Straight Boys that it was an acrimonious one. If that were the case, I doubt Mark would have put forth Jimmy for DTLA.

-

I loved the show! I have DVR'd the unedited version and will watch it tomorrow. Thanks Mark! I also am happy to see one of lthe Broke Straight Boys guys on the show; you'll have to watch it to find out who.:001_tongue:

Beth - what do you mean by "the unedited version"?

-

If Jimmy is the model Mark alluded to then that will put to rest all the speculation surrounding Jimmy's departure from Broke Straight Boys that it was an acrimonious one. If that were the case, I doubt Mark would have put forth Jimmy for DTLA.
As for Jimmy it is not a cameo. He has a speaking role on the show.
I find it so interesting Stowe, that management NEVER commented once regarding Jimmy no longer appearing in scenes on Broke Straight Boys It was certain forumites who hypothesized their "conspiracy theories" regarding Jimmy's contract, and dissatisfaction by management over what Jimmy would do and more importantly "not do" on the site.

I believe that Mark has discredited all of those theories as he hired Jimmy to have a recurring speaking role on his new television show. And as a result, I will become a regular viewer of this show, as I enjoy Jimmy very much, and I feel like a "proud papa", as Jimmy continues to find work in the adult entertainment business, and now in a regular cable series. I'm very proud of my boy! :thumbup:

From my understanding if you record the super late night episode it is unrated.

For people in the US you can watch the episode here http://www.logotv.com/video/dtla-season-1-episode-1/1696106/playlist.jhtml?xrs=synd_facebook_dtla

Mark:

Thanks for the input with respect to the unrated version - I'll check it out.

A cameo is defined as a brief appearance by a well-known actor in a play, movie, or tv show. While it is usally without words spoken, it can have dialogue brief since the appearance is brief. Technically, I was wrong in that Jimmy is not a well-known actor. However, his appearance was brief (if you blinked your eyes you'd miss him) and he did say a few words before he took a hit off the pipe. My point in raising the issue was that in your release you said the Broke Straight Boys model would be "featured in a multi-episode arc". And since his cameo or brief appearance last night did nothing to connect him to what are obviously the main characters, then the showrunner and writers have to move quickly to establish him for this arc. Unless I am inferring too much from your release.

Anyway, being a fan of Jimmy's from his Broke Straight Boys days, I hope that happens and he is featured in a multi-episode arc in the usual way a featured actor is used. It will be fun to see him in this milieu. And I'm glad you got him into this. You're not new at this game, so you obviously have confidence in his ability. The Jimmy of the Broke Straight Boys scene interviews and BTS scenes has what it takes to add an interesting dynamic to this show. I hope the showrunners and writers play on his profession and how he has stuck to what he will and won't do in his profession.

-

From my understanding if you record the super late night episode it is unrated.

For people in the US you can watch the episode here http://www.logotv.com/video/dtla-season-1-episode-1/1696106/playlist.jhtml?xrs=synd_facebook_dtla

Mark,

Will this show be coming to the UK. The best channel that would suit this is UK's channel 4. You could approach the bbc but they probably would not take it but you never know...

I think Jason would've been a better choice for cast member.

In this Election Season, I'd have been Third to show my support for Jason!

Seconded!

I have to agree with you guys. Jason definitely has my vote. I think Jason has the maturity, looks, and sense of humor that would have been a great asset on DTLA!

Sincerely,:001_wub:

Stimpy

I disagree; I think Jimmy is a very good choice, he's got a very masculine presence and that is what the "birthday boy" wants.

I disagree; I think Jimmy is a very good choice, he's got a very masculine presence and that is what the "birthday boy" wants.
I briefly went through the first part of the episode and saw Jimmy with two other guys getting high at the birthday party, but didn't "get" who or what his character was all about. If his role is what you describe Beth, then he is obviously the perfect Broke Straight Boys candidate to play the masculine straight stud who turns on the gay guy. Brilliant casting Mark!

I recall a while back when Jimmy was still appearing in Broke Straight Boys scenes, Mark told us that he had a meeting with Jimmy, and he was about to work on a new project with him, and I always wondered if that project was going to come to fruition, as Jimmy disappeared from the scene here. Now apparently, all the pieces seem to be falling into place, and Jimmy's "fifteen minutes of fame" working with Mark and BluMedia apparently have been extended.

I have to agree with you guys. Jason definitely has my vote. I think Jason has the maturity, looks, and sense of humor that would have been a great asset on DTLA!

Sincerely,:001_wub:

Stimpy
Stimpy, as you know I spent part of a lovely Sunday afternoon last June with Jason, along with Blake, Sha, Denver and Cole, and I agree with everything that you said about Jason. He is truly a handsome, charming, intelligent mature young man. But I am hoping he will be part of the Broke Straight Boys TV project, in the mansion, that is currently being worked on.

I like the idea of both Jimmy and Jason appearing in Mark's various television projects. I am a big fan of both young men and wish them very well in their endeavors with television. And I totally approve of Mark's hiring guy's from within, (the Broke Straight Boys scenes), for his television projects.

Nothing says loving...

Stimpy, as you know I spent part of a lovely Sunday afternoon last June with Jason, along with Blake, Sha, Denver and Cole, and I agree with everything that you said about Jason. He is truly a handsome, charming, intelligent mature young man. But I am hoping he will be part of the Broke Straight Boys TV project, in the mansion, that is currently being worked on.

I like the idea of both Jimmy and Jason appearing in Mark's various television projects. I am a big fan of both young men and wish them very well in their endeavors with television. And I totally approve of Mark's hiring guy's from within, (the Broke Straight Boys scenes), for his television projects.

Dear Mikeyank,

I guess you caught me red handed :blushing: and I was lost in one of those infamous "Senior Moments". Somehow, I confused DTLA with BSB TV. i GUESS SINCE THEY BOTH HAVE A "T" IN THESE LETTER GROUPS and I was wondering, besides all those silly nonsense letters, if there was, perhaps, two distinct realities I was caught in-between, like in "The Twilight Zone" or what exactly?

Thank you for reminding me again of the difference between "my ass and a hole in the ground". My ass is the one without accumulating leaves but with the brown-eye that winks occasionally because, alas-ss-ss, it has some "thang" still caught in its brown-eye; whereas the hole in the ground doesn't have a "thang" clogging it up! Am I remembering this right, Mikey???

CONSUMER TIP (WORD TO THE WISE): I find my "brown-eye" presents me with an excellent opportunity to bake a large(restaurant size) Idaho Potato with very little fuss in its preparation, now-a-days (without running up either my electric or natural gas bill)! FURTHERMORE, IT ALWAYS LEAVES ME WANTING MORE OF A GOOD "THANG"(cumming all the way from Idaho) WHILE PLACING A LASTING SMILE ON MY FACE! NO ORDINARY HOLE IN THE GROUND EVER DID THIS MUCH FOR ME! Promise, Scout's Honor!

It will take only a few minutes longer go bake two potatoes-"DP"style(double preparation) with only a slight stretch! No doubt, this is the origin of the expression..."Nothing says loving, like something from the oven"!

Sincerely double-baked,:par13:

Stimpy

PS Beware of the possible hurricane force storm coming up the East Coast to NYC real soon! Please wear your water wings:angel: with your latex speedo for complete protection from the storm! Please remember - Don't drink the water this time around!

Last edited:
Since Jimmy was talking about surfing, I think if actual surfing is going to be part of this show CHAD:001_wub: would have been a better choice......