• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Blake Bennet supports gay rights

Wow............I have tried to respond to this so many times, and just couldn't. Everyone's story is personal and different, but I think that there are very few people that could afford to wholeheartedly embrace this way of living.

The thought of telling my elderly, religious, republican grandparents to "Fuck Off," because they don't share my more liberal and less religious views, just brings me to tears. The thought of telling my friends to "Fuck Off' when they get offended by my social/political views...........The thought of telling my co-workers or clients to "Fuck Off" when we disagree on lifestyle or life choices, would leave me jobless, and I love my job.

Someone much older than me, that taught me so much while I was growing up said that........."The fact that the love of family and friends is supposed to be unconditional, should not change the fact that everyone of those family and friends deserve your respect, your common courtesy, and your best manners." Knowing that you and a family member, friend, or boss have different views on something that is important to you, doesn't mean that it has to be a fight, it may mean that it is a subject to avoid, so feelings don't get hurt. You can appreciate each other and still feel differently about things.......

..........My grandfather and I never discuss politics or religion, it is just better that way.

Oh Ms. K, we are going to have to agree to disagree. I hear what you are saying, "let's play nice," but if someone were to try to "box" or "label" me and I did not feel comfortable, why go along on their terms?
As far as "family" goes, I learned a long time ago, "family" are the people that love you, not the people that you are necessarily related to by blood.
I get the idea of things that are "sociably acceptable," but not to the point that I would hide, lie, or condone someone putting me down.

" The reason so many people oppose gay marriage is that the minute you let two men marry each other, the next thing is people will want to marry their dog!"

I actually heard that argument/debate between a group of people at a diner one night. Amazing!

-J

That's Rick Santorum's take. On a campaign stop at a college he took a question on gay marriage and said that if you allow two men to marry then pretty soon you'd have to let a man and two other men marry. Then it would be a free-for-all of different groups of people wanting polygamous marriages. Then he says you'd have people who wanted to "marry" their dog. It's an intellectually vacuous argument that doesn't become him. Using red herrings like polygamy and bestiality as the basis of your position against gay marriage does not become any serious adult. But for a supposedly serious candidate of the Republican party in 2012, that's considered a grownup discussion.

Whatever...

If he took that position to an Ivy League debate competition against even a decent college student, he'd have his head handed to him on a platter before the judges had time to take any notes.

Here's just a for instance of one stop he made:

Watch how he takes on a group of 18-20 y/o college students and tries to play the "adult" of superior intellect with his fallacious and disingenuous arguments. All the while of course he tries to make them look like the stupid, naive ones. Let him go to a Harvard Law graduate function and make those arguments. I dare say he would be made the laughing stock of the day.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...-sex-marriage-at-new-hampshire-college-event/

I use to be on the civil union side, but after much reflection labeling one as civil union and the other as marriage makes the assumption that one is less than the other. Could to straight people decide to have a civil union instead of a marriage if they wanted to?

Wow............I have tried to respond to this so many times, and just couldn't. Everyone's story is personal and different, but I think that there are very few people that could afford to wholeheartedly embrace this way of living.

The thought of telling my elderly, religious, republican grandparents to "Fuck Off," because they don't share my more liberal and less religious views, just brings me to tears. The thought of telling my friends to "Fuck Off' when they get offended by my social/political views...........The thought of telling my co-workers or clients to "Fuck Off" when we disagree on lifestyle or life choices, would leave me jobless, and I love my job.

Someone much older than me, that taught me so much while I was growing up said that........."The fact that the love of family and friends is supposed to be unconditional, should not change the fact that everyone of those family and friends deserve your respect, your common courtesy, and your best manners." Knowing that you and a family member, friend, or boss have different views on something that is important to you, doesn't mean that it has to be a fight, it may mean that it is a subject to avoid, so feelings don't get hurt. You can appreciate each other and still feel differently about things.......

..........My grandfather and I never discuss politics or religion, it is just better that way.
Of course you are correct Ms. K. We do need to respect the values of those who we respect such as grandparents who come from a different generation, and hold different values, although they still love and care about us.

And we cannot tell our superiors at work to "Fuck Off", when we think that they are asshole's. Unless we are independently wealthy, we need to stay employed, and therefore need to temper our comments and be at least somewhat PC, and to occasionally kiss ass, as repulsive as we may find it. That it the real world.

However, as we talk about a thread meandering, this topic on this thread has been totally misunderstood. Stimpy was talking about being intimidated to post on the vacation thread, for fear of being told that his experience was "off topic", when he said:

"I took this "vacation" while in college during Spring Break, only to fear being misjudged on my writing, half-way expecting me to once again be relegated to the "Off Topic" penalty box by you because by your taste, it probably wasn't sufficiently "FUN"!"

I responded by saying that on this forum we can say whatever we like, without having to "sugar coat" our remarks, as we often need to in polite society where we need to be politically correct. My quote was:

Please Stimpy. I do want to hear your story, in as much detail as you feel like sharing. (Even if the college boy's don't wind up naked together, I still want to read it).

This forum is a refreshing place where we can express our real, true thoughts, and not have to sugar coat what we say, as we need to do in "real life".

My comments were then misinterpreted to mean that we need to live in the closet, and hide our sexuality from the world. That is not what I was talking about at all, and I wanted to clarify my comments. I was only trying to express my love of having complete freedom of speech on the Broke Straight Boys Forum, unlike in many other segments of our lives. I sure hope that I have clarified my comments now.

Of course you are correct Ms. K. We do need to respect the values of those who we respect such as grandparents who come from a different generation, and hold different values, although they still love and care about us.

And we cannot tell our superiors at work to "Fuck Off", when we think that they are asshole's. Unless we are independently wealthy, we need to stay employed, and therefore need to temper our comments and be at least somewhat PC, and to occasionally kiss ass, as repulsive as we may find it. That it the real world.

However, as we talk about a thread meandering, this topic on this thread has been totally misunderstood. Stimpy was talking about being intimidated to post on the vacation thread, for fear of being told that his experience was "off topic", when he said:

"I took this "vacation" while in college during Spring Break, only to fear being misjudged on my writing, half-way expecting me to once again be relegated to the "Off Topic" penalty box by you because by your taste, it probably wasn't sufficiently "FUN"!"

I responded by saying that on this forum we can say whatever we like, without having to "sugar coat" our remarks, as we often need to in polite society where we need to be politically correct. My quote was:

Please Stimpy. I do want to hear your story, in as much detail as you feel like sharing. (Even if the college boy's don't wind up naked together, I still want to read it).

This forum is a refreshing place where we can express our real, true thoughts, and not have to sugar coat what we say, as we need to do in "real life".

My comments were then misinterpreted to mean that we need to live in the closet, and hide our sexuality from the world. That is not what I was talking about at all, and I wanted to clarify my comments. I was only trying to express my love of having complete freedom of speech on the Broke Straight Boys Forum, unlike in many other segments of our lives. I sure hope that I have clarified my comments now.

I understood your comments perfectly Mikey. I was also upset by the way they were interpreted. "Sugar Coating" means to "make nice", not to lie or hide........So I was upset by the harsh reply about how to live YOUR life.

Sometimes silence is golden. My entire family and most of my straight friends have always known that I was gay, but we just never talked about it. Who needs to talk about it? Call me old fashioned, but kids in my day never discused their sexual activities with their parents. Do they actually do that today? Do their parents tell their kids what happened in their bedroom last night. I, for one, just don't want to know.

I understood your comments perfectly Mikey. I was also upset by the way they were interpreted. "Sugar Coating" means to "make nice", not to lie or hide........So I was upset by the harsh reply about how to live YOUR life.

I again agree to disagree, but, to "make nice," I will bow out of this thread.