• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

500 mile race

i2ina69

BSB Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to see the nascar driver's try this race! 500 laps on a 1 mile track on a snowmobile. The I-500 snowmobile race is tomorrow in Sault ste.marie, Mi.

30 driver's on snowmobiles in 20 degrees at 85 to 100 mph. That's COLD. :lol:

I2, you all can have all of that snow and cold. I bitch when it gets cold up here, but wow have your part of the country got slammed this winter season? And winter is still a ways off yet.

Gary

I'd like to see the nascar driver's try this race! 500 laps on a 1 mile track on a snowmobile. The I-500 snowmobile race is tomorrow in Sault ste.marie, Mi.

Holy Popsicle on a snowmobile Batman!!! I think Mr. Freeze must have put this race together. LOL I used to thing those Polar Bear club people were a bit over zealous to go and jump into an ice covered body of water. This is taking cold weather sports to a whole new extreme. LOL :lol: I think I am just as perplexed about the spectators that are going to show up and watch all 500 of those laps... Yikes. Can you say frost bite and hypothermia waiting to happen?:scared: I guess it wouldn't be so bad if they showed up early and built an igloo to watch the festivities from a satellite TV. LOL :lol:

If you want to check it out go to i-500.com you can stream the race. OOP's there's 36 teams. Green flag drops at 10. It warmed up, it's 28 degrees.

If you want to check it out go to i-500.com you can stream the race. OOP's there's 36 teams. Green flag drops at 10. It warmed up, it's 28 degrees.

Hopefully that will make things warm enough to not stick to the snowmobile. Do you think they will warm up with a nice long dip in a frozen arctic lake after the race? I hope their teeth stop chattering by super bowl time. Wow, what a weekend for that race too. Speaking from experience of weathering the freezing cold in the French Alps and Iceland I can safely say better them than me. I like my body parts. I2ina69 I know that weathering these kind of extremes is doable and possible. I am cold enough thinking about it. I am not so sure I want to watch even on my home PC. Let me get some hot cocoa and my parka. I may work up the nerve after that.

My goodness they did go through with it. They are only on lap 206. And it is going to get colder still...http://i-500.com/I-500_Home_of_the_Internation_I-500_Snowmobile_Race/Home.html

Last edited:

Almost as cold as my recent bus trip from New York City to Buffalo, the heater on the bus broke and at one point we stopped for a potty break, the water in the bathroom on the bus had frozen solid, the actual outdoor temperature was minus 14. Imagine travelling down the road on a bust at 65mph with the temperature minus fourteen. Anyone want to calculate the wind chill on that?
I need salad tongs to pry my family jewels out of my abdomen, I should have worn something warmer than just boxers under my jeans.:w00t:

Almost as cold as my recent bus trip from New York City to Buffalo, the heater on the bus broke and at one point we stopped for a potty break, the water in the bathroom on the bus had frozen solid, the actual outdoor temperature was minus 14. Imagine travelling down the road on a bust at 65mph with the temperature minus fourteen. Anyone want to calculate the wind chill on that?
I need salad tongs to pry my family jewels out of my abdomen, I should have worn something warmer than just boxers under my jeans.:w00t:

LMAO, I talked my way out of heading up to Buffalo this week until closer to Spring. A Algonquin Clan mother that is a friend of mine has some people she wants me to do some healing work on. I have been doing distance healing for now. PA isn't too much warmer but why travel and freeze too. :001_unsure:

Hey, Corey Davidson won... Yeah!!! :w00t: :waw:

Hey, I had no favorites coming into this. Why not root for the winner??? :thumbup:

Walt and Jason Kormonizki are friends of mine, I was hoping. Walt finished 12th and Jason finished 25th. Better luck next year. Congrat's to Cory.

Walt and Jason Kormonizki are friends of mine, I was hoping. Walt finished 12th and Jason finished 25th. Better luck next year. Congrat's to Cory.

That is awesome that you knew some of those racers. I think I read that that was like their 44th year for the event. Wow, Do you know Corey too???:001_unsure: