• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

2012 New York Pride Videos

I suppose in any situation, you win some and you lose some. As outgoing as I may be I actually rarely approach people that I’m interested in. I suppose it’s a subconscious way to avoid the pain of rejection or maybe something else. I feel if you want to talk to me then you will come talk. Unfortunately it doesn’t always play out so easily. This was one... that I approached. Probably the first in over a year. (That’s not to be confused with I never approach anyone ... only those I’m potentially interested in more than friends)

We met at the end of the night, second to last in Washington DC. I had been drinking, for my first time in months. Red Stag and Ginger Ale, a combination that’s close to heavenly. I had more than enough and the crew had already gone back to the hotel. They left me behind only moments before because something told me I just wasn’t ready to leave yet. Just before leaving to catch up with my "entourage" my attention became suddenly undivided. I sat back in a dark corner, like a lion measuring its prey and looking for the premier opportunity to pounce.

It was fortunate that this person was a bartender. Actually the least favorite bartender of Sha. That gave me an easy in. How do you approach a bartender? ORDER A DRINK. The bartender was wearing a Victoria Secret shirt that said "Let’s Get Wild" on the front. BAM easy in number 2! I go to order a drink that I neither wanted nor needed and didn’t even drink. They were out of red stag so I took a Heineken. The beer, came without charge. Although I wasn’t fully sure why, I didn’t really care. At that moment I tried what most drunkards do in a bar and started thinking of cheesy pickup lines. I came up surprisingly absent so I used the props I had to work with. I lean over the Bar and say as politely as possible " so .... Can we get wild?" Never in a million years would I expect that to have worked.. but it did like a charm.

We actually didnt get to see each other again that night. Not despite my best efforts, but someone left their phone in a car that day and wasn’t able to respond to my flood of drunk texts. The next day, we eventually connected. I made joke of how they were the worst texter ever and they explained the situation. We made plans to go out that night. Some sightseeing and perhaps a little drinking. I had spent the entire day baking in the sun and was litterly steps away from heat stroke. I could eat or drink anything and anytime I moved I just wanted to throw up. I was half recovered in time for the date. I drank water and sipped a single beer the entire night.

As I prepared in my hotel for the night ahead we were coordinating on the phone. You come here, I’ll go there we can meet at this place or that place. I was asked where I was staying and if I drove. We then decided on a local watering hole. I said "Ill grab a shower and take a cab over". As I stuck to that plan, I walk out of my hotel and you’ll never guess what comes next. Parked at the front door of the hotel is a limo, waiting for none other than Jason Matthews to take me to my eagerly awaiting date across town.

Later that night (here’s the romance part of the novel) we sat on a curb in a dark, dirty back alley smoking cigarettes and watching the biggest rats I’ve ever scene run about. There under the stars and moon surrounded by disease ridden vermin, our lips met for the first time. I immediately knew I had made the right decision.

Life was favorable to us over the next couple months and as fate would have it our paths crossed often. Sometimes intentionally sometimes coincidentally. We were together all the same. We would go to dinner at fancy restaurants and argue over who paid the bill. As the gentleman should, I always won the battle, but it was never without struggle.

Thus we find ourselves at the end of the chapter.... until next time :)

Well, so far so good, so whatever happened must have been during your vacation to DC. I hope it wasn't the whiney girlfriend, of your friend...........