• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

WMV Video Downloads are BACK

ChuckBluMedia

BluMedia Staff
Staff member
Reaction score
What Next!

I have tried 6 times unsuccessfully to use the MWV format downloading Ayden and Skyler and each time after the download finishes, I get the following error message when I attempt to play the file. The message states...

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file.
One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found."

I don't know what to do next to correct this problem. I need some help with Windows 7!

Frustrated,:confused1:

Stimpy

I have tried 6 times unsuccessfully to use the MWV format downloading Ayden and Skyler and each time after the download finishes, I get the following error message when I attempt to play the file. The message states...

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file.
One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found."

I don't know what to do next to correct this problem. I need some help with Windows 7!

Frustrated,:confused1:

Stimpy

Hello Stimpy,

I just tested this video with no playback issues. You may want to first check that you have all of the latest windows updates in case you are missing a Windows Media Player codec. We use the most web standard to encode our videos. You can try this codec pack if you are using Windows Media Player: http://download.cnet.com/Windows-7-Codec-Pack/3000-13632_4-10965840.html

We highly suggest our users to download this player: http://www.videolan.org
VLC uses the latest video codecs to work for all video types. not just WMV.

I hope this helps,
Chuck

Stimpy,

Can you try to download the Ayden and Skyler update again and let us know if you still see an issue? We re-encoded the video just in case to see if that fixed the issue you described.

Thank you much!
~ Chuck

Dear Chuck,

I downloaded the codecs update from cnet with your link and all is well now! Thanks for your prompt response.

Stimpy

MISSING AUDIO CODEC FILES

DEAR Broke Straight Boys TECHNICAL SUPPORT STAFF,

I CANNOT DOWNLOAD THIS UPDATE TO MY COMPUTER BECAUSE I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE STATING THE DOWN LOAD COULD NOT WORK BECAUSE MY MEDIA PLAYER WAS MISSING SOME AUDIOO CODECS FILES. PLEASE TELL ME HOW. I HAVE WINDOWS 7 - ULTIMATE MY BROWSER IS INTERNET EXPLOYER 10, AND WINDOWS MEDIOA PLAYER.(MOST RECENT EDITION)

I NEED TO GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED IF POSSIBLE. Have any suggestions? Thanks

Sincerely,

Stimpy

Stimpy dear,

You can download it on Windows 7 by using HD Quality (mp4) which is what I had to do since it wouldn't work with the wmv either. I'm beginning to believe that computers are driving us older members to an early grave. lol

I also noticed that the "codec" issues are back again. I could not download the last Johnny and Jason video at all in the HD quality wmv mode. I have windows 8. A few weeks ago I couldn't download a single scene. Fortunately I took Chuck's advice from this thread and downloaded the videolan player. Then happily I seemed to be able to download every video I tried. I thought the issue was put to rest. However I was also aware that many Broke Straight Boys members do not access the forum in order to get this advice. It must be very frustrating for them to only be able to watch the videos in streaming mode.

Then things changed and I found I could no longer download certain videos, while others downloaded just fine. Many of the older videos in the archives won't download. As I say, of the more recent ones, the Jonny and Jason one won't download in wmv mode. I prefer to download most vids that I watch even if I don't plan on keeping them. Mainly because I like to be able to fast forward through some parts if I get bored at certain points. Sometimes even with vids I really like, I just prefer to jump to the next position of the models.

Robb's advice to download in MP4 mode does seem to work.

I don't find the streaming option to be as good because it doesn't allow for fast forwarding. It only allows you to skip ahead while not knowing what you might have missed in between. Also of course if you pause a streaming vid you get the arrow inside the square right in the center of the screen.

Can something be done so that our ability to download scenes in wmv is not hit and miss?

Mark, while meeting with your staff, please discuss audio levels and quality. It has improved somewhat recently, but you have a long way to go to improve the audio quality and the levels used during recording or post production. Maybe I am getting a bit hard of hearing, but I have to strain many times to hear what's said.

A lot has been written about this and it seems like such a minor correction is needed to satisfy the complaints.

Mark, while meeting with your staff, please discuss audio levels and quality. It has improved somewhat recently, but you have a long way to go to improve the audio quality and the levels used during recording or post production. Maybe I am getting a bit hard of hearing, but I have to strain many times to hear what's said.

A lot has been written about this and it seems like such a minor correction is needed to satisfy the complaints.
I agree 100% Chase on the audio issue, particularly as in a solo like today where hearing what a newbie has to say is most important, so I can formulate an opinion on him and his story.