• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Updates for BSB: New Video Streaming Player

ChuckBluMedia

BluMedia Staff
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Not sure if you noticed today that we updated the video player for our video episodes. We now added the option for "auto" streaming. What this means is the player will automatically choose a video playback resolution for you based on your internet connection speed. For those who have fast internet it will always choose "1080P" High Definition" Playback. If you have a slower connection for example, using a 3G connection on your mobile phone your video playback will be "240p".

If you would like to manually choose the speed simply click the option on the bottom right of the player when you mouse-over the player. Be aware however that sometimes playback will be slow as the video loads if you have a slow connection and you are trying to watch a high resolution video.

Example image with video playback options shown on the bottom right of the video when you mouse-over. Enlarge the player with the top right arrors.
Screen Shot 2015-08-19 at 3.56.50 PM.jpg

If you have any trouble or notice any videos with an HTML 5 playback error let us know. We try our very best to work out all the bugs/issues before we go live with any change, but sometimes we do miss a couple bugs to fix...

Thank you!
~ Chuck & the Tech Team

Chuck - when I go to full screen the speed numbers don't disappear. Distracting to watching the scene.

Chuck - when I go to full screen the speed numbers don't disappear. Distracting to watching the scene.

Hello,

Is your mouse cursor off of the player itself? We have it set to be a mouse-over only. So as long as your mouse is off of the player video itself the options disappear.

Thanks,
Chuck

Hello Everyone,

Not sure if you noticed today that we updated the video player for our video episodes. We now added the option for "auto" streaming. What this means is the player will automatically choose a video playback resolution for you based on your internet connection speed. For those who have fast internet it will always choose "1080P" High Definition" Playback. If you have a slower connection for example, using a 3G connection on your mobile phone your video playback will be "240p".

If you would like to manually choose the speed simply click the option on the bottom right of the player when you mouse-over the player. Be aware however that sometimes playback will be slow as the video loads if you have a slow connection and you are trying to watch a high resolution video.

Example image with video playback options shown on the bottom right of the video when you mouse-over. Enlarge the player with the top right arrors.
View attachment 13763

If you have any trouble or notice any videos with an HTML 5 playback error let us know. We try our very best to work out all the bugs/issues before we go live with any change, but sometimes we do miss a couple bugs to fix...

Thank you!
~ Chuck & the Tech Team

hi this is george,
i like to no why you guys never give a note aboute models how are not showing any more .

want happend to brady bennet , Ryan Fields ,kayden winter , Ronan Kennedy ???

why you guys tell the members if they are not working any longer with you or something .

we pay for it at least you guys can give us a updat about that .

i hate it wen you like a model and sundely he is not showing up at any scens why is that .

george

i like to no if models are not working any longer with you guys

what happend to al of these models . Ryan Fields, brady bennet ,kanydenwinter ,Ronan Kennedy .

you guys can give the members at least that every month a up date???

Absolutely. I wasted time trying to remove them

Hello,

Is your mouse cursor off of the player itself? We have it set to be a mouse-over only. So as long as your mouse is off of the player video itself the options disappear.

Thanks,
Chuck

Tried both, Either way, still remained.

Hey Chuck thanks for the update! I just tried it out and you could definitely tell the difference in resolution. Great new feature.

Thanks for your work, Chuck. The numbers disappear after a few seconds. Up until now, I wasn't able to use the player for my iPad. I had to "download" (although unless it's from iTunes, I am not really downloading anything) the scene in order to see it. Now the player itself works great. Good job!

It's 8/20 at 7:12 pm EDT. Just to be clear:

1. When I start watching the video in regular screen size, the numbers disappear when icon is off the video.

2. When I go to full screen (use arrows in upper right hand corner to go to full screen or what passes for full screen) and I move the icon off the video, the numbers remain.

It's 8/20 at 7:12 pm EDT. Just to be clear:

1. When I start watching the video in regular screen size, the numbers disappear when icon is off the video.

2. When I go to full screen (use arrows in upper right hand corner to go to full screen or what passes for full screen) and I move the icon off the video, the numbers remain.

So we are still checking into this. I am not able to duplicate on my mac computer using Firefox/Safari or Google Chrome. Are you on Windows and if so what browser are you using so I can see if we can remove this... Thanks for letting us know.

I go to full screen. when I mouse rollover the player, the play button appears along with the quality selector. after 3 seconds they disappear. only to reappear upon any mouse touch. the play button might be required during full screen viewing mode so mouse touch access is a good thing. however, I am not sure of value of the quality selector options repeatedly appearing after the initial selection. it does not add to the full screen viewing experience.
I am using ie 11!

So we are still checking into this. I am not able to duplicate on my mac computer using Firefox/Safari or Google Chrome. Are you on Windows and if so what browser are you using so I can see if we can remove this... Thanks for letting us know.

Yes, I'm on windows; google chrome browser. I'd be glad to give you my forum password so you can log in as I do, so you can see what I see.