• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

The Younger Generation

I have been to NY, the mid west and as far as California. I do not remember ever having a rude encounter in all my travels. Maybe it is because I am a chatter bug. My wife used to hate to send me to the store for a couple of things because I would not return for over an hour. The reason was that I would spend so much time conversing with people at the store. My daughter has even complained that she doesn't like going anywhere with me 'cause I have to talk to every body. haha! I am still that way and will not change one ounce of my character. I live alone and the world is my company. I just love people. There is a homeless man that hangs out from time to time at the supermarket where I shop. Whenever I see him I hand him a dollar bill. This past Christmas I gave him a five and wished him a Merry Christmas. He told me, "Bless you, Brother." Through short conversations with him I learned he too is a Veteran as I am.

I could go on and on but I think you get the gist of who I am and where I'm coming from. Thanks for all your stories.

I can relate, I've been from Coast to Coast and parts in between also. I tend to greet people with a smile, make eye contact, say hello and most always get a pleasant response! I am a great listener too, and often find myself "listening" to someone in the grocery store or waiting in a line somewhere, who just needs to share! It can make my day sometimes, just having that positive human exchange!
I appreciate both of your comments, as a born and bred New York City guy, living here for my entire life except four years at college in upstate New York. Having been to a few other cities and small towns in my life, I find that basically, people are people, no matter where I meet them. Of course the logistics of people walking in midtown Manhattan during the business day does not call for a smile and a greeting to everyone you encounter, but I find that on an individual basis, we are just as nice, or rude as people everywhere else are.

I can fully attest that even though Mikey hails from a huge metropolis is very warm, friendly and gracious in person. :wink:

I can fully attest that even though Mikey hails from a huge metropolis is very warm, friendly and gracious in person. :wink:

I guess I have a different perspective of Mike; he just told me to "stay on my knees and suck." Well, "cum" to think of it, he was "generous in the end." :tmi: Just sayin'.