• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

The Younger Generation

louis33705

BSB Addict
Reaction score
These are some of my thoughts on our younger generation. This has no sexual content.

I live in a very small and private nudist community consisting of ten residents. With the exception of two small apartments in the front, the rest of us live in trailers. The trailers are separated from the apartments with a small pond with fish in it. The residents usually go to the pond and feed the fish and spend some quiet time alone while doing this. It is very spiritual. So, you are wondering what this has to do with our younger generation. Let me tell you of my experience today with a young man.

We had been told a worker was coming to paint the porches at the apartments. Normally, when there are service workers on the property we make it a point to be clothed in respect for non-nudist visiters. At one point I decided to walk over and see how he was doing. As I approached I saw he was on his knees wearing well worn jeans and a grey sweat shirt, painting the floor of the porch. I mentioned to him it looked great. He got up on his knees and looked at me with a beautiful smile and said, "Really, you like it?" I told him he was doing a good job. The look on his face was priceless in gratitude for the compliment. I said he looked like a hard worker and he said he did it for his wife and little son.

Today I was at my local bar and a young man was applying for a cooking position. As I sat at the bar I was watching him and the owner during the interview. After the inteview the owner handed him an application and left him there to fill it out. The look on the boy's face was intense as he filled out the questionaire. I finished my beer, got my take out food and as I walked out, I stopped by the table where the young guy was busy writing. I put my hand on his shoulder and asked him if he was applying for a job. He said he was applying for a full time cooking position. He said he worked currently part-time at a grill cooking breakfast but he really wanted to cook in a restaurant. With a grin he told me he was a good cook and needed to be given the chance to prove himself. As I left I told him to always believe in himself, be proud of what he could do, and wished him luck.

My Son. When he was 16 years old, he told me he wanted to quit school. I told him he could but he had to get a job. He got a job at a golf club. He started out as a dish washer and was elevated to cook. He is now 36 and a chef.

My daughter. She is 34 years old and has worked for ten years for a major insurance company. She has managed to raise her 16 year old daughter alone. This past January she took her daughter to New York City to celebrate her birthday. My granddaughter is an honor student and plays first chair in her high school orchestra. The orchestra will be travelling to NYC this Spring for competion.

So what is my point in writing this? I just wanted to express how important our young people are. They are the back bone of our society and labor. They are the ones that will continue to keep our society and country going. They fight in our wars as well as pick up our garbage at the curb side. So, when you see young girls selling Girl Scout cookies, a young man bagging your groceries, fixing your flat tire, installing cable wires, even fighting wars for our freedom, pause and say, "Thank you."

I admire the boys of Broke Straight Boys for accepting the challenge of venturing into something that they might not have even imagined. Whatever their motives were I applaud their courage for exposing themselves to the world of entertainment.

Louis

Thank you, Tampa. You know I was born and raised in Tampa in Ybor City.

I also think that us younger guys should repay the thank you that you gave. We have to thank our fathers and forefathers for making this world the way it is and to be honest, it's not a bad place to live.

Louis, I concur with your ideas about the "younger folk." I talk to my 22 year old daughter, about to graduate with a Masters and she cannot find fell time work; she has three part time jobs. These kids do need a helping hand, I think far more than "we" did. the Broke Straight Boys models are very hard working guys; no pun intended. It is up to the "old farts" to help them out.
Funny you should start this thread; last night I spent some time on BSBLive, talking to a Romanian guy improving his English (he was saying he is going to "take off my panties," but he was talking about himself. I took him "private" and we worked out the difference between "underwear" for guys and "panties" for girls; and no, he stayed fully clothed. So now I'm wondering, is it the perv or teacher in me that was "assisting" him? Anyway...life.

That was absolutely beautiful Louis, and thank you! By the way, I think I recognize your Avatar from the scene comment page, back when Johnny was taking the reins as new Director. I also noticed that your comments were always very pleasant even if the scene did not impress you all that much! Welcome to the Forum! It's nice to have you hear. I look forward to your "shares"!:nicethread:

Very nice post Louis. I'd like to share a short story that happened a few days ago. The job I had previous to the
one I have now I was the Mgr and had quite a few employees. A few of them although they were 20 yrs younger
then me, became pretty good friends outside of work. One in particuliar I hired when he was 17 and I knew from
then he was lazy. I pushed him, challenged him and basically told him if his attitude didn't change that he would
amount to nothing. 10 yrs later I got offered a job I couldn't refuse. I promoted this guy before leaving, as he earned
it. He is now 31 yo and came over the other night for dinner. As we talked he told me that he got another promotion
at work, and that he was grateful for me for pushing him to be his best. He credits me for his work ethic and demeanor
dealing with "hard to handle" employees. That made me proud of both of us...

Well done Peter!

Helping to instill a good work ethic is so important for the youth of today.

I was also impressed with how Louis really boosted that young guys self esteem just by offering him a genuine compliment that he was doing a good job painting. We never know the power of a few kind words to make someone's day.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. When I divorced in 1986, my kids chose to stay with me. It was at that time I put my life on hold an devoted myself to raising them. I was constantly on the go from karate classes to band practice to sleep overs and the list goes on. My daughter was in third grade and didn't move out until her mid twenties. She is a single mom with a sixteen year old daughter and I give her tons of credit for what she has endured and accomplished. My son on the other hand was more independent and was out of the house before I could blink.

Tampa, I remember El Goya even before it was El Goya. My grandfather was a waiter at Las Novedades before the restaurant shut down.

Again, thank you all. I am glad to be a part of your team.

Louis

Well done Peter!

Helping to instill a good work ethic is so important for the youth of today.

I was also impressed with how Louis really boosted that young guys self esteem just by offering him a genuine compliment that he was doing a good job painting. We never know the power of a few kind words to make someone's day.

It's funny how two countries like the US and the UK interpret kinds words quite differently. In our eyes you people are genuinely nice but sometimes too nice. We cringe when we hear the All American statement "have a nice day" or unnecessarily complimenting someone for just being there. But in the UK daily greetings are different dependent on where you are. If you are in London and said hello to someone on the tube, then you would get funny looks, whereas if you said it further north then you would get a nice reply.
Compliments are only passed on to those that deserve them. You get nowt for free over here..

It's funny how two countries like the US and the UK interpret kinds words quite differently. In our eyes you people are genuinely nice but sometimes too nice. We cringe when we hear the All American statement "have a nice day" or unnecessarily complimenting someone for just being there. But in the UK daily greetings are different dependent on where you are. If you are in London and said hello to someone on the tube, then you would get funny looks, whereas if you said it further north then you would get a nice reply.
Compliments are only passed on to those that deserve them. You get nowt for free over here..

I guess many people from various countries see Americans as too nice. I was watching "60 Minutes Sports" yesterday and there was a piece about American Soccer. Our national team is coached by a German guy and his statement was that "America cannot win the World Cup because we are not aggressive enough." He stated as an example that if another team's player is on the ground, "the American will help him up." Anyway, have a nice day.:001_tongue:

Beth, now you're going to get my "panties" wet from laughing too hard for your last line above.

Very nice post Louis. I'd like to share a short story that happened a few days ago. The job I had previous to the
one I have now I was the Mgr and had quite a few employees. A few of them although they were 20 yrs younger
then me, became pretty good friends outside of work. One in particuliar I hired when he was 17 and I knew from
then he was lazy. I pushed him, challenged him and basically told him if his attitude didn't change that he would
amount to nothing. 10 yrs later I got offered a job I couldn't refuse. I promoted this guy before leaving, as he earned
it. He is now 31 yo and came over the other night for dinner. As we talked he told me that he got another promotion
at work, and that he was grateful for me for pushing him to be his best. He credits me for his work ethic and demeanor
dealing with "hard to handle" employees. That made me proud of both of us...
It is gratifying to discover that we have made a difference in young people we have known. Your story Peter reminds me of a 19 year old kid who came to work for me at my old job back in 1989. He was defiant and seemed to have a chip on his shoulder, but he proved to be an excellent worker. He and I had our face offs over the years but he worked for me for a decade before getting a city job, now drives a bus for NYC transit with good benefits. I went to his wedding ten years ago. He now owns a home and has three kids, and he recently emailed me and told me how much I meant to him helping him to learn how to grow up, and how he will never forget me. Stuff like that is very gratifying.

That tends to be a regional thing here in the U.S. Jon as far as greeting people in public. I was raised up north where if you passed someone on the street or sidewalk you would normally look away right as you passed them. Here in the south it is just a normal social grace for me to say a quick hello to almost anyone I might pass on a sidewalk. Not to whole swarms of people of course. lol But a small group of one to three, then yes. Sometimes it might be just a quick smile and very brief eye contact. Mind you, it's not for the purpose of starting a conversation. it's just a quick greeting and acknowledgement. So having lived in both regions and cultures I've seen both sides of the coin.

Up north it's almost considered rude to speak to strangers in passing on the street. Even if it's just a one word greeting. They might wonder if you have an ulterior agenda in engaging them in conversation. So people are in a much more defensive posture in public. Many times each person pretends that they are invisible to the others. And vice versa. Especially so in major cities. I find it rather amusing at times because having so many tourists visiting here from up north sometimes I see some of the culture shock firsthand. I may see a lovely older retired couple on the sidewalk, say a quick hello and look them in the eye very briefly as I'm passing them. . Then they totally panic and look to the ground or look to the trees. I can almost read their thoughts saying, "Why are you talking to me? I don't know you. You're not going to get anything from me. Leave me alone."

Rather than taking offense or being hurt by it, I find it rather amusing. But also sad for them. It has to be horrible to go through life believing that people in public are to feared and ignored unless absolutely necessary. On the flip side to that there are many northern tourists who are delighted to be in the south around so many people (even total strangers) who are genuinely friendly to them, just for the sake of it, and with no hidden agendas. :)

In big cities like New York though I guess one has to be less trusting of others in public. It would indeed be dangerous for you. It's sad that humanity is still stuck at this stage of our social and spiritual evolution. I know for a fact that we are capable, as a human race, of becoming so much better.

Last edited:
I have been to NY, the mid west and as far as California. I do not remember ever having a rude encounter in all my travels. Maybe it is because I am a chatter bug. My wife used to hate to send me to the store for a couple of things because I would not return for over an hour. The reason was that I would spend so much time conversing with people at the store. My daughter has even complained that she doesn't like going anywhere with me 'cause I have to talk to every body. haha! I am still that way and will not change one ounce of my character. I live alone and the world is my company. I just love people. There is a homeless man that hangs out from time to time at the supermarket where I shop. Whenever I see him I hand him a dollar bill. This past Christmas I gave him a five and wished him a Merry Christmas. He told me, "Bless you, Brother." Through short conversations with him I learned he too is a Veteran as I am.

I could go on and on but I think you get the gist of who I am and where I'm coming from. Thanks for all your stories.

P.S. Let me explain my signature. I had run into a friend I had not seen in a long time. I was so happy to see him. We laughed and hugged each other. I asked him how he was doing and he said, "I am happy to just live to my next breath." Hence, my signature.

I worked at a Presbyterian college On the first anniversary of 9/ll I was invited by the Chaplain to present the sermon at the memorial service. My talk dwelt mainly with "we never know." I concluded the sermon with the expression, "Embrace the moment for eternity is but a breath away." That became my signature on September 11, 2002.

I do not remember who or which interview (BTS) it was in, but it was recent and one of the models used a similar expression when they were speaking. It could have been Vadim Black or even Tyler White. I need to go back and listen to their interviews. I wanted to comment on it but got distracted and did not comment. Shucks! Oh well, I'll find it.

"Have a nice day!"

Louis

I have been to NY, the mid west and as far as California. I do not remember ever having a rude encounter in all my travels. .

I can relate, I've been from Coast to Coast and parts in between also. I tend to greet people with a smile, make eye contact, say hello and most always get a pleasant response! I am a great listener too, and often find myself "listening" to someone in the grocery store or waiting in a line somewhere, who just needs to share! It can make my day sometimes, just having that positive human exchange!

Wait, you forgot...you don't wear any panties...:thumbup:

Panties? I haven't seen panties in my house since my daughter moved out. Underwear? Hint, hint! I am a free baller, a commando
warrior! Thank goodness I am not Scottish and wear Kilts. That would be way too much clothing on me.