• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Texas Wild Fires

Tequila69

Reaction score
Hey Fellow Forumites,
Below is a link to an article from the Austin American Statesman concerning the wild fires that have destroyed over 1,400 homes in the Bastrop Area of Central Texas. This area is just a few miles from where I live. Thank God it didn't come our way, but for over two weeks we have been watching stories on TV about people who have died or remained homeless from this disaster. Also, moving were the stories about horses, cattle and pets that died, or were severely burned, in the fires. I have joined community groups collecting food and clothing for those families who lost everything.

If any of you would like to donate money, no matter how small an amount, or help in any way, please contact the Red Cross-Texas Fires. Thanks you guys!

Gratefully yours,
Tequila

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/damp-weather-some-help-in-corralling-bastrop-fire-1864425.html

Last edited:
Hey Fellow Forumites,
Below is a link to an article from the Austin American Statesman concerning the wild fires that have destroyed over 1,400 homes in the Bastrop Area of Central Texas. This area is just a few miles from where I live. Thank God it didn't come our way, but for over two weeks we have been watching stories on TV about people who have died or remained homeless from this disaster. Also, moving were the stories about horses, cattle and pets that died, or were severely burned, in the fires. I have joined community groups collecting food and clothing for those families who lost everything.

If any of you would like to donate money, no matter how small an amount, or help in any way, please contact the Red Cross-Texas Fires. Thanks you guys!

Gratefully yours,
Tequila

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/damp-weather-some-help-in-corralling-bastrop-fire-1864425.html

That's rough Tequila, all you over in Texas are in my thoughts and prayers! I hope you guys get some much needed rain to hopefully stop these fires!

My parents live just 30 miles from Bastrop. In their area, they've also been very concerned about fire, especially considering the gusting winds lately. It's very devastating. I've driven that stretch to Austin many many times over the years and enjoyed the beauty of that pine forest.

That's rough Tequila, all you over in Texas are in my thoughts and prayers! I hope you guys get some much needed rain to hopefully stop these fires!

Thanks Abe! You have no idea how much they are appreciated!:thumbup1:

My parents live just 30 miles from Bastrop. In their area, they've also been very concerned about fire, especially considering the gusting winds lately. It's very devastating. I've driven that stretch to Austin many many times over the years and enjoyed the beauty of that pine forest.

I understand the fires are 95% contained. Here's hopin' and prayin' they will be completely contained soon, so your parents can be safe from this disaster. BTW, Lovelumps, let me know when you come to visit again. Maybe we can have coffee and Barbacoa tacos at El Chile!:thumbup:

I understand the fires are 95% contained. Here's hopin' and prayin' they will be completely contained soon, so your parents can be safe from this disaster. BTW, Lovelumps, let me know when you come to visit again. Maybe we can have coffee and Barbacoa tacos at El Chile!:thumbup:

OMG the chilango margarita at El Chile is to die for! I love that place. We almost always go when we're in town:)

Tequila69,
You and all Texas are in my prayers and I will offering my Saturday mass for this intention. I pray especially for all those who lost love ones - even pets - in this devastating fire.

Thank you, angelone, as always, you're a caring and supportive friend!

"It's an ill wind that blows no good"

Dear Tequila69,

I am so sorry that, until now, I did not realize you were in such danger! I thank God no harm came to you and your family!

I used the expression..."It's an ill wind that blows no good" in my heading because maybe after this fiasco, Gov. Perry can utilize his time better by actually serving the Texans safety needs and stop his grandstanding, and his self-serving "Man of LaMancha" elusive windmill chasing campaign. People nationally see right through Perry's thin facade and Texas swagger. He has already fallen into disfavor with all of his "bucking and snorting" around the podium in the GOP slugfest.

This hands-off policy on wildfires definitely needs to be rethought! Maybe this ill wind will blow some added fire safety by improving the infrasturcture giving fire fighters much needed resources to actually perform their job protecting the people for a change!

God Bless you Tequila69. May all your days be cool and free of wildfires!

Sincerely,

Stimpy

photo off of Hwy 71

My parents have been traveling back and forth to Austin lately for some appointments for my dad. They snapped this pic as they drove through Bastrop, TX last week. So sad, the devastation.

Attachments

• bastrop.JPG
    bastrop.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 23
Thank you, Stimpy for your kind words and prayers! And, Laura, the photograph doesn't show how bad the devastation was!

Whatever the extent of the problem, there are people here that are continuely praying for all those affected. But you stay clear and safe, Spence, my friend.