• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

My tip in a nut shell Phoenix AZ

BlakeBennet

BSB Model
BSB Model
Reaction score
first off.. had an amazing time in atlanta! thank you SHA for allowing me to be a part of the 2012 tour! i loved every trip and every person! and the food. lol

The flights were long and the hours were hard, 14 hours straight in Long Beach i think. but it was SOO worth it!

First place i was invited to go was Phoenix AZ.
I had no idea what i was walking into, i got on that plane for the first time scared out of my mind, nervous and anxiety up the ass. when i arrived, i was greeted by Sha, a familiar face. help me a little bit, but the view of the rough hills and desserts was breath taking. and it was 100degrees.. lol but zero humidity so it wasnt all bad.. in texas, im use to 114 degrees on a hot summer day with a humidity of 60% which makes you feel like you are walking through think air. "Gotta stay inside yall"
once my First pride started, i didnt know what to expect, we set up our booth and i did my best to follow along and keep things moving. passing out cards and just standing out there with some towels around my arms for tips. I had to of put sunscreen on at LEAST 10 times.. I was not going to get burned. but the people were nice and the extra time spend was doing a photoshoot... What ever happened to those pictures sha?lol
i actually really enjoyed meeting the other models. College Dudes COLE and College Dudes ANGEL, Both pretty good lookin dudes, but made me feel like "a twig amongst trees" they were bigger than me.. lol Cole and Angel did an amazing job, i actually learned my work ethic for these events from observing how they worked. I learned the set up process and the take down process easy, its not exactly rocket science, lol. complications come later when we get to NYC, but i will post that another day. Figured i would do these short stories of my tips as a contribute to the END OF PRIDE season Closing.

And i plan on doing every city, but one at a time..

For this reason if you guys have any questions about them, i can answer or elaborate on things that had happened. I wont lie.. phoenix was a while ago, so things arnt so fresh in my head. lol like i only remember eating Panda express and some really good breakfast diner next to the hotel we were staying.

Love your short story. It's great to hear how Broke Straight Boys has expanded you abiility to see the states. I wish you the very best as time continues. God bless.

Why is it that on the West coast there is zero humidity but on the East coast you sweat your bollox off.
I will leave it to Blake to explain the reasons that different regions have different humidity, as science is his thing. But Jon if you note on the map, neither Arizona nor Texas on on either the East or West coasts. They are both in southern regions.

But I've always admired your interest in our politics, and our geography. Didn't you once try to match cities with states, or something like that? It is really cool that you Robert and Grace, among others give this forum such a rich international flavor. :001_tongue:

Attachments

• Map_of_USA_with_state_names_svg.jpg
    Map_of_USA_with_state_names_svg.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 56
  • imagesCA7Y14PU.jpg
    imagesCA7Y14PU.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 67
I will leave it to Blake to explain the reasons that different regions have different humidity, as science is his thing. But Jon if you note on the map, neither Arizona nor Texas on on either the East or West coasts. They are both in southern regions.

But I've always admired your interest in our politics, and our geography. Didn't you once try to match cities with states, or something like that? It is really cool that you Robert and Grace, among others give this forum such a rich international flavor. :001_tongue:

I think it's got something to do with dry desert heat but not sure. Yes Mike I love the US and it's politics and geography. Coming from a small island it was hard to understand how vast your country is, and constitution wise, how it is all put together. But I'm getting there thanks to you guys.

Why is it that on the West coast there is zero humidity but on the East coast you sweat your bollox off.

You'd be surprised! This was the most humid summer I remember in the 9 years that I've lived in LA! I've said on more than several occasions that if I wanted to be this hot and damp and miserable, I'd've stayed my ass in New York! Thankfully, at least the nights have started to cool off a bit in the last week or so, but the days are still hot and humid.

Don't complain about your weather until you've been to the UK lol. The only respite from the wind and rain this summer was thankfully the Olympics. Even the queen got pissed upon at the end of her jubilee sunday.

Don't complain about your weather until you've been to the UK lol. The only respite from the wind and rain this summer was thankfully the Olympics. Even the queen got pissed upon at the end of her jubilee sunday.

...and that's why I can never figure out why your ancestors sent my ancestors to Australia, while you lot stayed there... :biggrin:

*joking*

...and that's why I can never figure out why your ancestors sent my ancestors to Australia, while you lot stayed there... :biggrin:

*joking*

The joke's on them. Huh Grace? haha They might have been better off leaving the prisoners there to suffer in the northern lattitudes...and emigrating the rest of the population to Oz. LOL

The joke's on them. Huh Grace? haha They might have been better off leaving the prisoners there to suffer in the northern lattitudes...and emigrating the rest of the population to Oz. LOL

Absolutely Tampa and Grace. It appears that we once again made the wrong decision just like we did in WWII - the Germans are much better off than we are now.