• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Skunks in da House, deficit and debt

Missing one important detail for this audience

A guy called Andrew Sullivan writes/blogs for The Daily Beast, a great online news source. Here's what he had to say about the guy whose dick I would happily suck if he were into that shit. Sullivan and some other smarties were chatting today about who is Washington's most effective politician:

Dear Slim,

I have followed Andrew Sullivan since he first appeared with William F. Buckley, Jr as a conservative pundit working at the time I believe for the National Review.

Although Andrew is a conservative in his views, he is a conservative I can respect. He is at least honest and objective in his reporting. Of particular interest to us here is that Andrew is Gay and he can be on occasion most charming.

My two-cents worth,

Stimpy:blushing::001_wub:

Dear Tampa24,

Did you not know that when excessive government regulation forced the wealthy to remove their alligator-filled moats surrounding their humble abodes, no one told them that, from henceforth, their primary preoccupation and life challenge was to create jobs for the nation from their ever-enlarging riches.

Blame it on poor public education, underdeveloped family values, or that Obama failed to inform them. Take your pick! I am sure that anyone of these will do just fine as long as you:

• puff out your bottom lip,
  • look-up with sad, tear-filled "Tammy Baker-ish eyes", and
  • say in a "poor-pitiful-me, whinny-voice" that you are now totally at the mercy of both the middle and lower classes.

Wait a minute! I think my being in touch with reality just escaped me for a minute, like some errant "Senior Moment' or a mirage appearing briefly on the asphalt surface of a super heated highway.

On closer review one can readily see our entire tax code is designed to be manipulated primarily by the wealthy but financially supported primarily by the less-privileged middle & lower classes. Large corporations have always had the resources to outsmart the existing loopholes Congress so wisely built in with a blind-eye and deaf-ear. This was compensation for their rich friends who were earlier so unceremoniously "de-moated".

So, naturally when they produced their off-spring, the offspring entered politics with a score to settle and they became to be known as the "uncivilized" Tea Party. They have allegiance for the "Free-Markets provided they sit in control of what goes for the "Free Markets" in today's parlance. They adhere strictly to the "Golden Rule" which is defined thusly..."As long as I have the Gold, I make the Rules." All of this sounds a little selfish and Narcissistic, wouldn't you say?

My hope is that, some day should I acquire wealth, I will not come to the same point of actually believing own PR or spin at the disadvantage and cost of those more needy.

Sincerely Moat[/COLOR]-free,

Stimpy

Thanks for that Stimpy! LOL :wink:

Well, our worst fears have been realized; partially. The S&P downgraded our credit rating to AA+ from AAA. This may not have a dramatic effect on anything, but in their statement regarding their decision, S&P made mention of the "political brinksmanship" as displayed in Congress' latest fight over the debt ceiling. They mentioned other things, but I see this as their main motivation.

This should surely have the Repubs celebrating, because their plan to undermine Obama is well underway. They will point to how for the 1st time in US history, we have been downgraded under the watch of Pres. Obama.

Wouldn't it be nice to see leaders who were up to the job of leading!

Well, our worst fears have been realized; partially. The S&P downgraded our credit rating to AA+ from AAA. This may not have a dramatic effect on anything, but in their statement regarding their decision, S&P made mention of the "political brinksmanship" as displayed in Congress' latest fight over the debt ceiling. They mentioned other things, but I see this as their main motivation.

This should surely have the Repubs celebrating, because their plan to undermine Obama is well underway. They will point to how for the 1st time in US history, we have been downgraded under the watch of Pres. Obama.

Dear balboa,

I feel that from the onset, it has been the Tea Party and other far-right fiscal conservatives (Reps. & Dems.) that have been unwilling to compromise and hold our country and it's financial system as hostage until they got their way.

It is my sincere hope blame goes to those who worked so hard to hold up deciding on the "self-inflicted debt crisis" without regard to consequences that was made apparent tonight by the S & P rating downgrade.

In all honesty, they enjoyed taking our financial system to the brink of disaster in a period of economic hardship just to make a political point. I would call that "Bullying". I hope and feel they should get the full blame for this. After all, this downgrade happened during their watch and their concerted efforts to bring the US down. They worked so hard for this disgrace they brought to the US they fully deserve the recognition.

$incerely,

$timpy

Dear Balboa,

Even if the right-wing, politicians and pundits, try to spin S&P's lowering of the US rating as a blot on Obama's presidency, the actual report belies such an interpretation. Feckless partisan games and the failure to address taxes were key complaints in the announcement.

In the end the Republicans continue to try to do what Chinless Mitch tactlessly crowed about after the Democrats lost the House: to make the downfall of Obama their prime goal. This whole shitty fuckup sabotage operation was aimed pretty much exclusively at that end, and damn the consequences. Obama comes out winner. Winner in a nitwitted game he was forced to play by a bunch of reckless amateurs.

The new House, composed of right-wing know-nothings off the street, reminds me of a herd of European soccer hooligans. Mindless, biased bashers with low IQs whose idea of a good time is to fuck up life for smarter people who want something better.

I continue to predict with even greater certainty, as I have all along, a triumphant second term. For the president I love.

Long live Obama!

Dear Balboa,

Even if the right-wing, politicians and pundits, try to spin S&P's lowering of the US rating as a blot on Obama's presidency, the actual report belies such an interpretation. Feckless partisan games and the failure to address taxes were key complaints in the announcement.

In the end the Republicans continue to try to do what Chinless Mitch tactlessly crowed about after the Democrats lost the House: to make the downfall of Obama their prime goal. This whole shitty fuckup sabotage operation was aimed pretty much exclusively at that end, and damn the consequences. Obama comes out winner. Winner in a nitwitted game he was forced to play by a bunch of reckless amateurs.

The new House, composed of right-wing know-nothings off the street, reminds me of a herd of European soccer hooligans. Mindless, biased bashers with low IQs whose idea of a good time is to fuck up life for smarter people who want something better.

I continue to predict with even greater certainty, as I have all along, a triumphant second term. For the president I love.

Dear Slim,

I too still believe in Obama and have to concur with your assessment of the new House and their brand of sophomoric antisocial behavior. I look forward to Obama's second term as president, as much as you!

Sincerely,

Stimpy

Raise your glass

Dear Slim,

I too still believe in Obama and have to concur with your assessment of the new House and their brand of sophomoric antisocial behavior. I look forward to Obama's second term as president, as much as you!

Sincerely,

Stimpy

I think all of us, you and I and our three dicks, ought to celebrate the outcome of the election together.

Have a little bubblely?

I think all of us, you and I and our three dicks, ought to celebrate the outcome of the election together.

Dear Slim,

I have the Champagne(French, of course and already pre-chilled) on hand and my cork(s) can be popped at a moment's notice, if necessary. No planning required unless it is some special recall election.:dancingpenis::dancingpenis:

url]http://youtu.be/_MXgc8wzfC4[/url]

Here's to you Slim, Lefty, & Righty!:thumbup:

Stimpy

Attachments

• Dom_Perignon_1999.jpg
    Dom_Perignon_1999.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 30

I am not ready to count America out by any means. We have weathered many storms and come back stronger than ever.

It's a shame though what those in Washington who carry serious responsibilities have done. They treated this like some sort of recreational contact sport. They believed the rest of the world would continue to view the U.S. as an invincible economic powerhouse. They relished playing partisan games with the nation's finances and thought no serious repercussions would follow. As if the rest of the world would still take us seriously. They acted like out of control children on a playground...fighting over a toy.

They have seriously let all of us down.

Attachments

• 200543925-001.jpg
    200543925-001.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 19
Petty Politics sets bar lower than low in DC

I am not ready to count America out by any means. We have weathered many storms and come back stronger than ever.

It's a shame though what those in Washington who carry serious responsibilities have done. They treated this like some sort of recreational contact sport. They believed the rest of the world would continue to view the U.S. as an invincible economic powerhouse. They relished playing partisan games with the nation's finances and thought no serious repercussions would follow. As if the rest of the world would still take us seriously. They acted like out of control children on a playground...fighting over a toy.

They have seriously let all of us down.

Dear Tampa,

As we all know, "petty politics for its own sake" shows how low the morals have fallen in Washington by some who fancy being obstructionist and for what end? Bragging rights? Not hardly. I cannot imagine how stupid a person must be to believe anything other that the "Tea Party and fellow fiscal conservatives in both parties all contributed to this inability to rule effectively, ultimately leaving all Americans at the mercy of their bulleying tactics.

Sincerely,

Stimpy

Well being a fiscal conservative is not a bad thing on the face of it. In fact we need more of them. Just not the brain dead ones. For me what I saw in the worst of the fiscal conservatives was the absolute refusal to raise any revenue (taxes) and their attempts to force a trillion dollar's worth of cuts (or more) on current spending.

The entitlement programs do need to be reformed and taxes need to go up. Nobody wants to admit that cold hard truth. One of the many fairy tales promoted in this latest debacle was that you could cut the debt and deficit all on the spending side. For a truly serious debt and deficit reduction package to work you cannot do it all on the spending side or the taxation side. You need both.

Slim -

Nice graph, but here's the one to look at:

http://blog.heritage.org/2010/02/05/past-deficits-vs-obamas-deficits-in-pictures/

Amazingly, the deficits started to trend down, but, thankfully, back in 2008, the Dems took control of both the House and Senate (rememeber, all spending starts in the House). Amazingly, it start trending up. Bush passed before he left office the horrible bailout plan, which Obama joyfully used to buy US companies.

And just recently, 50% of US companies said they would drop health coverage - thanks Obamacare. Let see, we have no idea how much anything will cost under Obamacare, so, if I were a company and needed to pay a fine (remember, it's not a 'tax') of $700 (more or less) per employee or pay for healthcare for an employee - not much of a business decision there, pay the 'fine'. And how many trillions per year will it cost the government to insure all of those people? This, of course, was the plan all along to arrive at a single payer (socialized) health care system.

And, this assumes the US will leave Iraq and Afganistan, but, wait, we're now at war in Libya. This shouldn't add anything new to the deficit.

Looks like good times ahead with BO!

I both love and hate talking about politics, because we all have very strong opinions about it. To your point of Obamacare, I have to point out that it was originally a republican plan to make everyone pay their fair share in healthcare costs. They realized that uninsured people often use the expensive emergency room for their healthcare and are unable to pay for it, which is part of the reason for rising healthcare costs. Since healthcare costs are a factor in our growing economic problems, Obama felt that getting everyone insured would take us in the right direction to addressing this. He certainly couldn't wait for the insurance companies to handle it, and they wanted no part in insuring people with pre-existing conditions. And in my opinion, it is the moral thing to do. I have been uninsured for years and am a patient at the local free clinic, so I know what it's like.

I find the only people who talk negatively about socialized healthcare (yeah, I said "socialized") are those who are employed with good healthcare benefits. Screw everyone else. No, I don't have the answers about how much it will cost, or how it will be paid for. They pay smarter people than me a lot of money to figure it out. But I do feel that a civilized nation such as ours should consider healthcare to be a basic right. In the state I live in, Ohio, if we have a driver's license, we MUST have insurance or face suspension and a hefty fine. I don't see what the difference is, and the intent behind it is basically the same. And "those people" sounds awfully similar to the familiar slur, "you people". Just thought I'd point that out.:confused1:

Dear Balboa,

Slim, totally agree on all points. When I think about the tea-baggers who were voted into office and those that voted for them, the more I realized how uninformed they are. They were even stupid enough to say there would be plenty of money to pay our bills if we defaulted. That was one of the more ignorant statements. But you are correct about the first priority of the repubs is to make Obama a one-term president. It isn't fixing the economy, creating jobs, or anything else in their job description. It's all a political contest to make Obama look bad, and if they have to wreck the economy to do it, they feel it's worth it to be back in power.

I have always felt that we need a balance of liberalism and conservatism to really make govt work. But I feel things are extremely out of balance, and the conservative wing has been hijacked by a very small faction, which is funded by very rich people. Otherwise, they would have been totally ignored. But somehow, they have managed to pull everyone to the right, and have virtually tied the congress and the president's hands for any future spending; spending that is necessary to get the economy rolling again. We have only to look at Hoover and Roosevelt to see what worked and what didn't. It's a shame we've learned nothing from the past.:001_unsure:

Selling off

The entitlement programs do need to be reformed and taxes need to go up. Nobody wants to admit that cold hard truth. One of the many fairy tales promoted in this latest debacle was that you could cut the debt and deficit all on the spending side. For a truly serious debt and deficit reduction package to work you cannot do it all on the spending side or the taxation side. You need both.

The congress should think how useful all their big military spending would be in the defence of the USA if China asked for their $3.5 trillion back in US debit, or if Japan, the United Kingdom and Brazil did. Who would want to live in a bankrupt country.

Perhaps the US is just so polarised and ungovernable.

Undie

The news just keeps getting better. The US and countries around the world are hugely in debt. Keynesian solutions to the problem have not worked and I don't think they are going to work - the debt level is too high. However, I feel the US and other debtor nations are going to continue with Keynesian policies and give us global hyperinflation. The coming crisis will probably be a currency crisis.

Tim114

The news just keeps getting better. The US and countries around the world are hugely in debt. Keynesian solutions to the problem have not worked and I don't think they are going to work - the debt level is too high. However, I feel the US and other debtor nations are going to continue with Keynesian policies and give us global hyperinflation. The coming crisis will probably be a currency crisis.

Tim114

I don't think Keynesian economics, at least here in the US, has been allowed to work. The stimulus packages that have gone forth have been too small by far, according to most experts. Coupled with extension of tax breaks for the wealthy instead of making them pay their fare share, and the decrease of revenues, along with the recent drastic cuts in spending have killed any Keynesian policies we have tried to fix the problem. So, for that reason, I don't feel we have truly allowed Keynesian economics to really work, and now I fear with the new budget deal, we certainly won't see it work. You can't cut spending, cut revenues, and limit federal spending during a recession . It has never worked and never will.

I like the way you think!

I don't think Keynesian economics, at least here in the US, has been allowed to work. The stimulus packages that have gone forth have been too small by far, according to most experts. Coupled with extension of tax breaks for the wealthy instead of making them pay their fare share, and the decrease of revenues, along with the recent drastic cuts in spending have killed any Keynesian policies we have tried to fix the problem. So, for that reason, I don't feel we have truly allowed Keynesian economics to really work, and now I fear with the new budget deal, we certainly won't see it work. You can't cut spending, cut revenues, and limit federal spending during a recession . It has never worked and never will.

Dearest balboa,

How very observant you are and with such an economic use of words, too! Ever thought about running for national office? I like the way your mind works! I have to agree with you 100%!

Sincerely support your take on this subject,

Stimpy

Balboa,

I have read the US has spent 14 trillion dollars (actually spent or guaranteed) since 2008. I think the government will continue this policy, as will other governments. I feel we will get to the point we were in the late 70's and early 80's - high unemployment and inflation. Then there will come a time when governments can't really do any more and the problem gets solved by the old rule of the free market. This probably means a depression and all of what that entails. I am personally operating under this assumption. PS - I think the London rioting is mostly about economics and we will see more of this.

Tim114

What about the Watts Riot in LA in 1965

Balboa,

I have read the US has spent 14 trillion dollars (actually spent or guaranteed) since 2008. I think the government will continue this policy, as will other governments. I feel we will get to the point we were in the late 70's and early 80's - high unemployment and inflation. Then there will come a time when governments can't really do any more and the problem gets solved by the old rule of the free market. This probably means a depression and all of what that entails. I am personally operating under this assumption. PS - I think the London rioting is mostly about economics and we will see more of this.

Tim114

Dear Tim114,

Rioting has traditionally been about economic imbalances between the "Haves and the Have nots". The term Watts Riots of 1965 refers to a large-scale riot which lasted 6 days in the Watts neighborhood of Los Angeles, California, in August 1965. By the time the riot subsided, 34 people had been killed, 1,032 injured, and 3,438 arrested. It would stand as the most severe riot in Los Angeles history until the Los Angeles riots of 1992.

The 1992 Los Angeles Riots or South Central Riots, also known as the 1992 Los Angeles Civil Unrest[1][2][3] were sparked on April 29, 1992, when a jury acquitted three white and one hispanic Los Angeles Police Department officers accused in the videotaped beating of black motorist Rodney King following a high-speed pursuit. Thousands of people in the Los Angeles area rioted over the six days following the verdict.

Widespread looting, assault, arson and murder occurred, and property damages topped roughly $1 billion. In all, 53 people died during the riots and thousands more were injured.

The point is that these situations arise when people have been left out of the equation when it comes to economic justice. There is nothing sacred about the so-called "Free Market forces" other than to say neglect rarely leads to anything more positive than more neglect. Problems do not solve themself on their own in reality. They must be guided to a resolution. While no one wants to fund infrastructure and safety net upgrades, we have learned from the Depression Era of the 1930's it is one of the less sexy essentials to maintaining order within our society offering educational and job opportunities exceeding subsistance wages to all stratum in society.

Sincerely,

Stimpy

I don't think anyone really knew who David Cameron was till Tuesday and Wednesday when he stood behind the microphones traditionally set up outside the official residence of the sitting Prime Minister in Downing Street and addressed the matter of the demonstrations gone amok. He gave a rousing speech, warning the hardened criminal scum who had been out on the streets making cops look like silent movie fall guys, looting lots of great electronics and looking forward to their 12th birthday parties, that they would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, "...if you're old enough to break the law, you're old enough to face up to the consequences the law requires..." or something to that effect. He had previously warned that he wasn't going to fall for a lot of civil rights rubbish. Can you imagine?

He's nothing but a fucking bullshit class warrior afraid that he's been left out of loop on this one, irrelevant and openmouthed, imagining his tough talk reflects well on him, Cameron against the children of London.

Of course you're both right: it's all a question of the economy. Not enough funds allocated to education and after-school activities over the last decades, years of an increasingly widening prosperity gap between the marginalized poor and the ever more unbearably self-satisfied and insulated rich.

Christ, conservatives become less and less stomachable every time they open their uninformed, self-serving, cant spewing mouths. Maybe part of the reason I think Cameron is so very vile is because he identifies himself to some extent with our teaparty hooligans in the US. Why anyone on earth would want to advertise his friendship with or admiration for people like that I cannot, absolutely cannot understand.