• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Scenes are well lit !

nitefly

Reaction score
Nothing pisses me off more than when a scene with hot models is poorly lighted (both intentional and un-intentional) and you can't see a damn thing.

But the scenes from Broke Straight Boys are well-lit where you can see the action. I know David has received some feedback from members to mix up the sets and present the guys in different backgrounds, but I just want to make sure they are lighting the set in the best way possible just like the primary futon studio set.

While we have may differ on the ratings of scenes and models, I think we can all agree that D & E (and the creative teams prior) have done a consistently great job with the sets, audio, camera angles and lighting !

We don't get to see the preparation in filming all these scenes, but I wanted to call out this observation so they know their scene prep is appreciated.

Good observation Nitefly. I remember also from time to time over the years we members would point out things like the audio not being clear enough. But once it was brought up they always worked on it to fix it. :)

Nothing pisses me off more than when a scene with hot models is poorly lighted (both intentional and un-intentional) and you can't see a damn thing.

But the scenes from Broke Straight Boys are well-lit where you can see the action. I know David has received some feedback from members to mix up the sets and present the guys in different backgrounds, but I just want to make sure they are lighting the set in the best way possible just like the primary futon studio set.

While we have may differ on the ratings of scenes and models, I think we can all agree that D & E (and the creative teams prior) have done a consistently great job with the sets, audio, camera angles and lighting !

We don't get to see the preparation in filming all these scenes, but I wanted to call out this observation so they know their scene prep is appreciated.
Well you should have just addressed this specifically to me since I’m the only one who has complained about the look of the scenes and the set. In fact, no one else has even responded to me and still haven’t since I asked if we could get out of this current room we are filming in.
I don’t mean to hurt anyone’s feelings when I say this, but I am going to explain why I feel the way I do. When you look at the commercial at the end of every scene, the picture quality and the look is 100% different than what we are getting in the current scenes. A lot of that has to do with lighting, camera angles, & the quality of camera a producer is using. It also has to do with using a third party camera crew to film and edit the scenes. It has to do with a lot of factors that I’m actually aware of, because at one time in my life I had experience in video production. I have complained and asked if we could get out of this current room because it is getting extremely old. I think it limits creativity and all we are getting are mostly the same positions week after week and the only thing that changes in the room are the people in it. When the scenes were filmed in Atlanta, they used the bedroom, the kitchen, the living room, the dining room, the stairwell, the kitchen, the backyard, and even the master bedroom for the the threesome with Benjamin, Richie, & Jos Alvarez. I’m not saying we have to go back to film in Atlanta. I actually don’t give a shit who films the scenes or what city, but can we at least have a variety instead of the same room in someone’s home? How about an actual studio? Is it really too much to ask? Obviously it is because no one has responded to anything that I’ve complained about, because they mostly ignore me. Except for you nitefly, and I thank you for bringing it up.
The walls are cream, the carpet is cream, the doors are white, and now the sheets on the futon are cream. Even the fair skinned models just blend in with the background and affects how a scene can look. Is there a window in this room, because it doesn’t seem like it. All of the scenes in Atlanta are filmed in rooms with windows. The blinds are closed some of the time, but there is natural light coming in and even that can affect the way a scene will look, and again, if you look at the picture quality in the advert at the end of each scene, you can TOTALLY see the difference.
I know most of you don’t care about that sort of thing or all you care about is the action. Hell, most of you don’t even care if the models are straight or not. Everything I say is just constructive criticism. Broke Straight Boys has been around for over 17 years. Am I the only one who thinks these scenes should look better? I’m a big boy, I can take it. Bring it on. I would like to know if I am the only one who thinks filming in this same room week after week is getting old.
I don’t mean any disrespect to D and E productions or Mark. I thought the purpose of this forum was for feedback or to just interact with one another. I actually find it comical that NO ONE has backed me up on even any of this.
I am not going to say anything further, because I’m obviously wasting EVERY SECOND of my time just trying to help. At the end of the day, I don’t work for blu media and I guess it’s none of my business and my thoughts aren’t even taken seriously.
I do promise you this. The first time a scene is filmed outside of this room, you will know what I’m talking about. I never said not to ever film in this room again, but only suggested we try other places.

Last edited:
Good observation Nitefly. I remember also from time to time over the years we members would point out things like the audio not being clear enough. But once it was brought up they always worked on it to fix it. :)
This is true, but it’s usually when more than one person brings it up.

Jay, I totally agree with your observation. If you look at the home page, the Latest XXX Updates and the Coming Soon XXX Updates, it all blends together. At the South Florida studio, we know they have a Doctor's Office set for College Boy Physicals scenes. But maybe there is not enough space for a gym set, a bedroom set, a shower set, etc. I quit a membership site recently strictly because the producers must love the "mood" dim lighting or "shadows" or something. I am not paying a subscription fee when I can't see the models LOL. Anyways variety is good and the models look wonderful and are properly lighted. I think there was one scene where Nico was sweating profusely (Nico and Aiden). Love that!

Thank you for your kind words nitefly, and both Eddie and I appreciate your first comments when starting this thread.