• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Random thoughts on the passing months:

jtdestin

Reaction score
The next time a member of the British royal family gets married, I hope they elope and spare us all another 24/7 media orgy.
Does the "not guilty" verdict in the Casey Anthony child murder trial mean that the jury succumbed to the confusion between "beyond a reasonable doubt" and "beyond any conceivable doubt"? The word "reasonable" is not put in there just for decoration.
We seem to be living in an age when nobody can be bothered to answer their telephone, but everybody has a recorded message telling us how important our phone call is to them.
President Obama often talks about wanting to raise taxes on "millionaires and billionaires" but -- in his actual tax proposals -- higher taxes usually begin with couples earning $250,000 between them. Apparently that makes you a millionaire or a billionaire.
It doesn't seem very scientific to have a good-looking nurse taking a man's blood pressure.
As the British have lost their empire and, more important, lost their respect for laws and standards, Britannia has gone from ruling the waves to waiving the rules.
The difference between mob rule and democracy was never more sharply demonstrated than by labor unions' attempts to prevent the Wisconsin voters' elected representatives from carrying out their official duties at the state Capitol. What would it matter what the voters want if any mob can stop it from happening?
My favorite birthday card this year said on the outside, "Ageing is Inevitable" -- and, on the inside: "Maturity is optional."
Theodore Roosevelt said that his foreign policy was to speak softly and carry a big stick. Barack Obama's foreign policy in Libya has been to speak loudly and carry a little stick. Too often Obama's foreign policy around the world looks like children happily playing with fire.
Class-warfare politics is bad enough when it is for real. But often it is as phony as a three-dollar bill, when the same politicians pass high tax rates on "the rich" to win votes -- and then get financial support from "the rich" to create loopholes that enable them to avoid paying those high tax rates.
It is amazing how many people seem to think that, if you give them your phone number or e-mail address, this means that they are authorized to pass them on to others.

Three little words -- "We the people," the opening words of the Constitution of the United States -- are the biggest obstacle to achieving the political goals of the left. For that, they must move decisions away from "We the people" -- from individuals to government; from elected officials to unelected judges; and from national institutions to international institutions like the United Nations -- all safely remote and insulated from "We the people."
Some hotels have been called "historic." But to me that just means old. I don't like staying in old-fashioned hotels. There is usually a reason why those fashions went out of fashion.
Learned scholars still debate the reasons for the decline and fall of the Roman Empire. Learned scholars of the future, looking back on our decline and fall, may simply be baffled as to how we could have been so stupid.
Awkward and uncomfortable hospital gowns for patients just add a needless complication to the problems of people who are already sick. Surely someone could design something less bothersome.
I have never believed for a moment that Barack Obama has the best interests of the United States at heart.
Many liberals who consider themselves friends or allies of blacks are usually friends or allies of those particular blacks who are doing wrong things, often at the expense of other blacks.
At one time, it was well understood that adversity taught valuable lessons, which reduce the probability of repeating foolish decisions. But, today, the welfare state shields people from the consequences of their own mistakes, allowing irresponsibility to continue and to flourish among ever wider circles of people.
Amid all the concerns about the skyrocketing government debt, a front-page headline in the Wall Street Journal said: "Families Slice Debt to Lowest In 6 Years." It is remarkable how differently people behave when they are spending their own money compared to the way politicians behave when spending the government's money.

jt

Without sounding confrontational, JT, I disagree with most of what you said. I voted for Obama and will vote for him again and any other Dem I can who's running.

But I enjoyed your non-political statements very much, thanks!

A rant totally absent hope for the majority of people having a better future.

The main difference I see between conservatives and liberals is that conservatives are totally without hope and accept the lowest common demoninator. Liberals are the direct inverse. That is why liberals believe in universal health care and a shared tax load being applied fairly to all classes, and not only the middle class as it is now.

Republicans would have you believe that corporations or, for that matter, the super rich(that owns more than 40% of the national wealth concentrated in only 2% of the population) are America's underappreciated whipping boy. These are the only people Republicans can muster any compassion for while the middle class is ever shrinking in size and the lower class is expanding due to the disporportional wealth by the super wealthy 2%. Somewhere the American Dream is no longer a universal goal to aspire. Now, only the rich are getting richer while whatever goes for a safetynet for everybody is now nothing above the dignity of welfare. They would rather get a few million more tax free profits to a corporation or wealthy person, than support a national obligation to those who have contributed for years to Social Security and Medicare for those with limited income.

I simply see "GREED and special treatment" written all over the face of the conservatives who care more for the super rich than any other classes. Another way of looking at the advantages of the super wealthy is like the concept of a "redistribution of wealth" from the middle class, who can least afford it, into the pockets of the super wealthy, like an entitlement only for the super-wealthy (welfare for the super rich). It is as if the super rich think somehow they will always be okay, even if the overall economy is in total collapse. There will come a day when the masses won't be so accepting of this hopeless position the super rich have left them. So much for the American Dream!

Can anyone find anything that inspires "hope" in this conservative senario? There you have it as I see it!

Stimpy

I try never to talk politics on a site devoted to blow jobs and butt fucking :)

(No offence intended! There were some good points made).

One word "Change" what was wronge with America that needed changing.
I am still rather disturbed by your comment,

"I have never believed for a moment that Barack Obama has the best interests of the United States at heart"

We can all love America, and what it stands for, but still see the problems, and the need for "change". This is a far from perfect nation, and I deeply respect the man, and believe that President Obama has nothing but the best interests of this nation front and foremost in his agenda.

You seem to be implying something sinister, or "un-American" with your statement, but not spelling out exactly what you believe his agenda is. I was only a child during the era of Joseph McCarthy and the "witch hunts" against people who were deemed to be "un American", but from reading about that era, I found the implications and innuendo's very frightening, and I certainly hope and pray that we are not entering into another period of "McCarthyism".

The politicians of this country have a vested interest in keeping the public arguing and fighting with each other, namely power and control. They have never had the best interests of anyone but themselves and maintaining the continual slide towards a government controlled population. They believe that people are too stupid to rule themselves and that they know what is best for everyone. Both parties have demonstrated this by comments and actions in the past. Our only option at the moment seems to be how fast or slow we go to find the end of this American Experiment.

The politicians of this country have a vested interest in keeping the public arguing and fighting with each other, namely power and control. They have never had the best interests of anyone but themselves and maintaining the continual slide towards a government controlled population. They believe that people are too stupid to rule themselves and that they know what is best for everyone. Both parties have demonstrated this by comments and actions in the past. Our only option at the moment seems to be how fast or slow we go to find the end of this American Experiment.

I have recently become convinced that the best thing about Democracy, is that everyone has a voice and a vote. The worst thing about Democracy, is everyone has a voice and a vote.