• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Question: Subscribing to a thread?

chafu213

Reaction score
Greetings

In the past few weeks, since I've gotten caught up on both Forums, and have started posting more frequently, I've noticed that I am getting emails at my home email address every time a thread I've posted to is updated.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I really would prefer NOT to get copies of posts sent to my home email address.

Did I inadvertently click on some box that might have given the site instructions to do this?

The emails come entitled as

Broke Straight Boys Forum
Then the name of the thread + the word update

An example of the start of one such email is:

You are subscribed to the thread "What Type of Members Do We Have?" by dande01, there have been 4 post(s) to this thread, the last poster was ohvanz.
http://members.brokestraightboys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2126

They seem to come a few days after actual posts are made.

Is this something that would come under Scorpio's domain? If so, should I contact him directly?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Forward
Chafu213

Hello :)
You probably have that option enabled in your options.
Please go to your profile options, SCROLL DOWN to "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and choose "DO NOT SUBSCRIBE".

Once it's done, go to http://members.brokestraightboys.com/forum/subscription.php,
on the right side, check all the threads, then scroll down and choose "delete subscription".

That should take care of it.
Let me know if you have any problems :)
Scorpio

Hello :)
You probably have that option enabled in your options.
Please go to your profile options, SCROLL DOWN to "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and choose "DO NOT SUBSCRIBE".

Once it's done, go to http://members.brokestraightboys.com/forum/subscription.php,
on the right side, check all the threads, then scroll down and choose "delete subscription".

That should take care of it.
Let me know if you have any problems :)
Scorpio

Hmmmm....okay. I'm gonna reply here rather than via PM 'cause it's possible someone else might benefit from this info.

I went to my profile page but couldn't find PROFILE OPTIONS anywhere, or a
"Default Thread Subscription Mode", so I'm thinking I went to the wrong place. Not sure how to go anywhere else, however.

I DID see one option where I could list threads I'd "subscribed to"...there were 38 of them listed. Does posting in a thread constitute "subscribing" to a thread? Just curious how I'd ended up as subscribed to anything.

I'll keep searching, but maybe you'll figure out what I did wrong.

Thanks for the assistance

Chafu213

OK, figured out where the glitch was...once I'm on my profile page, I needed to click on EDIT OPTIONS. That took me to the default thread subscription mode.

Am now going to attempt to delete all those threads.

Getting there....

thanks again

chafu213

Think I did it! I discovered there were a couple extra steps to the ones you mentioned, but I managed to figure it out.

Merci beaucoup!

Chafu213

It took me a year to keep from getting my posts cropping back up to haunt me in my live.com inbox like raw onions from that tasty green salad. I wasn't as persevering as you, even though Scorpio was patient and helpful, and only occasionally and unsuccessfully tried to stem the flood. Imagine having to clean out thousands of posts dude. I actually just abandoned the addy for months on end, leading to some disrespectful non-response to some great messages. I finally worked it out mostly by myself, with hints from hottie Stephane.

The subscription thing should probably be elective rather than by default.

Thanks for the information. I had recently been thinking that maybe I should figure out how to stop them. I agree that they should only be sent by request.

Greetings

I'm glad that my inquiry was useful to one or more members of the Forum.
I agree that subscribing to threads should be a choice. Now that I've re-set my default mode, I think the issue has been cleared up.

There's no way I would have been able to figure this out without Scorpio's assistance. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to computers most times.

Forward
Chafu213