• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Problem with forum

mikeyank

Long time forumite
Reaction score
For the past two days, when I log onto the forum, I am getting old notifications regarding messages that were sent and responded to. I also sporadically am having a problem reading messages here, getting only old posts from a day or two ago marked as new.

I just sent a message to Scorpio about it, but was wondering if this is a system wide problem, as I know of at least two other member's who have messaged me that they are experiencing the same problems.

For the past two days, when I log onto the forum, I am getting old notifications regarding messages that were sent and responded to. I also sporadically am having a problem reading messages here, getting only old posts from a day or two ago marked as new.

I just sent a message to Scorpio about it, but was wondering if this is a system wide problem, as I know of at least two other member's who have messaged me that they are experiencing the same problems.

Mikeyank - Have not pm'ed anyone for awhile, but am planning to do so today. If I encounter any problems I'll let you know.

On a different note I just posted something on Rob Ryder's most recent thread and it didn't move up to the top of the "New Posts" list. Nor did it show a record of me being the last to post on the thread. Some software issue?

On a different note I just posted something on Rob Ryder's most recent thread and it didn't move up to the top of the "New Posts" list. Nor did it show a record of me being the last to post on the thread. Some software issue?
Yes Tampa, that is exactly part of my problem too. There is a delayed posting. Hopefully Scorpio and his team can fix it soon. :thumbup1:

Problems in posting.

I have noticed the delay as well. I responded the other day on the "AJ makes me want to hop in the shower" thread and when I go to "New Posts", it is not listed in the thread, but when I get the same thread in the "Profile" section, my posting is there.

Also, when I log in, my computer frequently goes to a post I started by downloading abush's quote about Broke Straight Boys Acquiring CDudes. There is no title and no response by me either. Just the quote from Abush' previous response. If I try to erase it, it only comes back when I am attempting to log out or move to another page.

I would like to get this removed permanently!

Stimpy, aka Cumrag27

My earlier post is not going through

To Whom It May Concern:

I just wrote no more than 5 minutes ago about problems of posting on the forum and that posting appeared on the thread and now when I return, it is gone.

This has happened two days ago when I posted on the thread beginning with AJ and his shower scene. It took it then, but now I can't find it.

This needs to be fixed.

Stimpy, aka Cumrag27

Frustrating!!!

I know what you guys are talking about! Something's happening in the land of Oz! Anyway, that's what I call Mngmnt! It's mind boggling! When I decided to come back, I was told my username and password were the same. I logged in and saw AJ, posted on the forum and wrote some PMs. I logged out to do something else and when I tried to log in again, it wouldn't take my username and password! I submitted a ticket and got a reply from Mark that he had fixed the problem. I tried again and still no go! To make a long story short, I submitted four more tickets and got a response from four different people! The last answer I got is that I had to join all over again, which I just finished doing! If I didn't like this forum as much as I do, I would have probably quit! What a pain in the ass!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am having so many problems getting to my new PM's and new posts, that I have mostly given up. I hope it is fixed soon. I miss all my friends.:(

While this is being fixed, try to hit the key "F5" to refresh the page. It usually does the trick and the new messages show up.

An update was applied so this problem should be fixed now. Sorry about that!

Any one ever sees this again let me know. You may need to "clear your browser cache" in order to see the changes to keep this from happening.

Thanks!
~ Chuck

An update was applied so this problem should be fixed now. Sorry about that!

Any one ever sees this again let me know. You may need to "clear your browser cache" in order to see the changes to keep this from happening.

Thanks!
~ Chuck
Thank you Chuck. Everything seems fine, so far. :cool:

Sos......sos......sos......sos.....sos......sos... ...

Yes Tampa, that is exactly part of my problem too. There is a delayed posting. Hopefully Scorpio and his team can fix it soon. :thumbup1:

Dear Mikeyank, Scorpio, or anyone else that can help,

My dirty thoughts are simply wasting away as I refuse to post as usual as long as the Broke Straight Boys software is malfunctioning. I wrote earlier today about the problems and they contiinue exactly as described earlier.

If this lasts any longer, I have to wonder if their is some political conspiracy enforced by the extreme-right fundamentalist-evangelicals, or at least some "ACT OF GOD" resulting from their combined prayers.

I hope this gets fixed soon as this reminds me of the well intended warning from one of my nuns that taught me in "parochial school" that went as follows..."idleness is the devil's workship". Thank God I subscribe to College Dudes to fill in the "idle.

I feel adrift without my life-preserver! HELP! HELP! SOS......SOS......SOS

Sincerely wanting a "Technical Support" fix,

Stimpy

Hello everyone,

I applied more fixes tonight, so really keeping an eye on the forum. If anyone has any problems with the pages/posts not updating please let me know by sending a PM or email directly to: [email protected]

Thanks,
Chuck

I was saying to MsK and mikeyank that our crash had coincided almost to the minute with Blackberry's outtage. Do you guys think the two were in any way related?

I was saying to MsK and mikeyank that our crash had coincided almost to the minute with Blackberry's outtage. Do you guys think the two were in any way related?

Hi Slim,

Actually they are separate issues. Ours is a caching issue with our server network within our members area here which affects the forum.

I am still looking into this as its not back to 100% yet.
Back to troubleshooting I go. :)

~ Chuck