• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

New Years Resolutions

Ms. Kianna

BSB Addict
Reaction score
I quit making resolutions a long time ago, because they were always so big that I could not keep them.

This year I found one that I could keep..........

I want to try at least one new recipe a month. I used to do that before life got so crazy, and we loved it.......well most of the time, sometimes they were not so good.

I am going to start with Paella, on New Years Day.
images

What resolutions are the rest of you making???????

I am going to continue putting me first; no not in the selfish shitting way, but to really continue to take care of myself (I'm already down 90 lbs.). Also, I will continue to ask my husband every day if he is happy and if there is anything I can do to make him happier! Oh, don't worry, he NEVER has to ask for that! I'm sure I think more about sex than he does...dick...what?

I'm with Beth! I'm going to eat healthier and get more exercise. I'm also going to go out more -- see a movie or watch a play! I'm going to make some friends I can hang out with! I've lived in the Austin area for four years and I still don't have any close friends. If I could find some friends with benefits, that would be awesome!:smiley-sex011:

I'm with Beth! I'm going to eat healthier and get more exercise. I'm also going to go out more -- see a movie or watch a play! I'm going to make some friends I can hang out with! I've lived in the Austin area for four years and I still don't have any close friends. If I could find some friends with benefits, that would be awesome!:smiley-sex011:

Bravo! You should really take advantage of Austin, it is a wonderful city especially for the arts: TONS of music. I go to South by Southwest most years; next time, we can meet for a beer. Also, I don't know your age, but you know the University of Texas is there as well as being the capital of Texas...lots of hotties and government workers who 'aim to please!'.
I can also tell you from my own experience, sex is way better when you are feeling good...of course 'feeling' anything is good too!

Somehow, and I don't truly know how or when I lost me. It was take care of or do for someone else at home or at work and that is when I realized that I was measuring my self worth based on what someone else thought of me. Well, that has stopped. It really isn't so much of a New Year's Resolution since it started some weeks ago for me and day by day, I am putting myself first and letting everything else fall into it's appropriate place not the place that I put it. Does that make sense at all ?

Somehow, and I don't truly know how or when I lost me. It was take care of or do for someone else at home or at work and that is when I realized that I was measuring my self worth based on what someone else thought of me. Well, that has stopped. It really isn't so much of a New Year's Resolution since it started some weeks ago for me and day by day, I am putting myself first and letting everything else fall into it's appropriate place not the place that I put it. Does that make sense at all ?

Congratulations for working on YOU!:angel: Happiness, inner peace, stability, energy, focus and joy all come from within and I think you are definitely doing the right thing by putting yourself first. "Being happy" is sometimes a hard thing to do, but "working on" your happiness is a process; I hope you enjoy your day by day change; let me know if I can help.

I quit making resolutions a long time ago, because they were always so big that I could not keep them.

This year I found one that I could keep..........

I want to try at least one new recipe a month. I used to do that before life got so crazy, and we loved it.......well most of the time, sometimes they were not so good.

I am going to start with Paella, on New Years Day.
images

What resolutions are the rest of you making???????

I used to live in Spain. Madrid actually. I never cared much for seafood before I moved there. That is of course until I tried Spanish paella. OMG! Wonderful stuff. The good stuff that is. Not everyone who tries it here in the states is going to get some made as well as it should be. But done right...paella is yummy! lol

When you have it ready Ms.K just ring the dinner bell for me. Will ya? haha

It makes perfect sense to me RRJ. And it doesn't sound selfish. If doing so much for others has given you the feeling that all your self worth is wrapped up in other people's approval of you, then that's not healthy either. It sounds very reasonable to me that if things are out of balance then you need to spend more time on you and making yourself happy. You can still do some things for others in the meantime though of course. But just not to the point that too much of your self-esteem is based on what other people think of you.

Yeah Ms.K:001_wub: let's all come over to your place and discuss our resolutions, enjoying a plate of paella and a good glass of Rioja.

Yeah Ms.K:001_wub: let's all come over to your place and discuss our resolutions, enjoying a plate of paella and a good glass of Rioja.

Sure, I will make enough for everyone.

I just got lucky enough to have a kid that loves seafood.....

I used to say yes to everything. I was always overextending, and everything about "me" suffered from it.

Stick to your guns. "Me" time is a wonderful thing. Then the quality of "you" that you share with others is so much better.

OK my resolution is to quit calling purple cows "BITCHES" ! It's a resolution I'm sure to keep in 2012.
Seriously, I resolve to keep working with my trainer/physical therapist so I can pitch my wheelchair and walk on my own.

This must be your lucky year: Tampa, Tequila, rrj3md, Beth... me... we all love seafood! :w00t::biggrin::newhere::smiley-love001:

The best seafood place: The Twisted Fish in Juno, Alaska! Besides that, any king crab stand in Alaska during the summer. You walk up, like it's a hotdog stand and get a one-pound leg of crab, dripping with butter. This is a very close second to my favorite thing to eat!

OK my resolution is to quit calling purple cows "BITCHES" ! It's a resolution I'm sure to keep in 2012.
Seriously, I resolve to keep working with my trainer/physical therapist so I can pitch my wheelchair and walk on my own.

Excellent idea...way to go! Don't forget to add in massages too, they can really help you "enjoy" the therapy you have to endure.

Besides that, any king crab stand in Alaska during the summer. You walk up, like it's a hotdog stand and get a one-pound leg of crab, dripping with butter.

OMG! That must be a sin. It just sounds too delicious. :drool: :001_smile: LOL

My new year's resolution is to stop eating so many pizzas. Ah, who am I kidding! I probably won't lol

1% change, could make us 100% happier. The hardest part is changing that 1%.