• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Music Lyric Quiz

joninliverton

BSB Addict
Reaction score
The last music thread is still going strong so I thought I'd put in a music lyric quiz thread. Rules are I give you part of the lyrics to a 3 songs and you have to get the title of the song. If you can give me the name of the artists that sang the song you get a bonus. Here goes:

A - And in the end - The love you take - Is equal to the love you make.

B - What is happening here
Something's going on that's not quite clear
Somebody turn on the lights
We're gonna have a party
It's starting tonight

C - Far across the moonbeam
I know that's who you are,
I saw your brown eyes
turning once to fire.

Clues - Group or individuals are not from the same country but speak the same language.

Enjoy and don't be embarrassed if you get Zip. Please try not to use the internet to find out, play fair lol x

B-"Dancing on the Ceiling", by Lionel Richie

I will update as I figure

The last music thread is still going strong so I thought I'd put in a music lyric quiz thread. Rules are I give you part of the lyrics to a 3 songs and you have to get the title of the song. If you can give me the name of the artists that sang the song you get a bonus. Here goes:

A - And in the end - The love you take - Is equal to the love you make.

B - What is happening here
Something's going on that's not quite clear
Somebody turn on the lights
We're gonna have a party
It's starting tonight

C - Far across the moonbeam
I know that's who you are,
I saw your brown eyes
turning once to fire.

Clues - Group or individuals are not from the same country but speak the same language.

Enjoy and don't be embarrassed if you get Zip. Please try not to use the internet to find out, play fair lol x

A is of course The Beatles from Abby Road. I'm not sure if it was part of one specific song.

I thought B was Buffalo Springfield, "For what it's worth",

"There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear"

But apparently someone else used a similar phrase.

C- I haven't a clue.

LOL, undie. You don'tknow Lionel and the Beatles? It's okay Undie, we don't know the songs of today! Except maybe for Katie Perry!
A. is from the Beatles, "The End"
B. the tune keeps going through my head, but for my life, I can't remember the name, although I think it is Lionel Richie.
C. I have absolutely NO clue.

jon, I was a Beatles hippie!

Good morning all and thanks for participating. Undie, I'm a big 60/70/80 fan courtesy of my late dad's vinyl collection which I'm NOT gonna sell lol. As you can see the selections are from 3 different English speaking countries so you've got UK and America however, the 3rd country they also speak French - yes another clue. If you don't get this one by a bit later on in the day then I'll give you another clue, as well as do a more recent questionnaire for the benefit of some of us young uns. xx

Ok time is up on question C - It's called "Like a Hurricane" by the fabulous and my all time hero and Canadian Neil Young. So now for round 2. Two points to Bob for getting 2 correct. Round 2 is as follows but in this round can you please PM the answers so that we know who actually knows their stuff and is not just agreeing with Bob lol.

A - Childhood living it's easy to do

The things that you wanted well I bought them for you

Graceless lady, you know who I am

You know I can't let you just slide through my hands

B – You say I love you boy
But I know you lie.
I trust you all the same
And I don’t know why

C. - At first you put your arms around me
Then you put your charms around me
I can’t resist this sweet surrender
On a night so sweet and tender.

No clues because they're easy enough.

Ok time is up on question C - It's called "Like a Hurricane" by the fabulous and my all time hero and Canadian Neil Young. So now for round 2. Two points to Bob for getting 2 correct. Round 2 is as follows but in this round can you please PM the answers so that we know who actually knows their stuff and is not just agreeing with Bob lol.

But I know you lie.
I trust you all the same
And I don’t know why

Looks as if I have you stumped then. OK post your answers on here then and the first 2 songs have something to do with Simon Cowell. The 3rd song is by a black diva.

But I know you lie.
I trust you all the same
And I don’t know why

Answers

A - Wild Horses - Susan Boyle (prev Rolling Stones) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJIDr15duZk
B - When we collide - Matt Cardle (prev released by Biffy Clyro as Many of Horror (When we collide) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAh--lH0H3U

C - Aint nobody - Chaka Khan - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eDSIj_iozA

Footnote: - It's the first time I've seen the Americas Got Talent of the Susan Boyle story and whilst at times it's a sad story, it is also very inspiring.

This is a great thread... In an effort to keep it going here's another three (not intending to step on your toes Jon...)

A. I started as an alter boy, working at the Church
Learning all my holy moves and doing some research
Which led me to a cash box labeled "Childrens Fund"
I'd leave the change and tuck the bills inside my cummerbund.

B. All lovers make, make the same mistakes,
Yes they do. Yes all lovers make, make the same mistakes
As me and you.

C.I'm asleep but she's talking to me.
She's walking around wearing all of my clothes.
As she runs out of things to say she grabs her coat to walk away...