• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Let's decorate this thread

As always Rob, you are impressive! Thanks for all the fun this year; I'm sure there's more to come...:thumbup:

As always Rob, you are impressive! Thanks for all the fun this year; I'm sure there's more to come...:thumbup:

I sure hope so too! Robert, your humorous illustrations often turn a one dimension into a super big three!:001_smile:

From Texas to Tasmania and California to Colorado... You have changed these places- unfamiliar to me - on the map, and for sure you changed them for the better in real life too.

Love you all and I hope Santa has a surprise in store for you...

Merry%20Christmas.jpg

PS: La Rondine was my favorite too, call me a romantic!

Me I want a hula hoop

How about some Christmas songs to listen to as we decorate the tree? I loved this song as an eight year old and as this Wikipedia article states it is the last Christmas song, US single to reach #1 on Billboard.

The song was very successful, reaching No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Pop Singles chart, becoming The Chipmunks' first (and only), as well as David Seville's second and final, No. 1 single. It has the distinction of being the only Christmas record to reach No. 1 on the same chart. The single sold 4.5 million copies in seven weeks, according to Ross Bagdasarian, Jr

"The Chipmunk Song" is the last Christmas/holiday song to reach No. 1 on any US singles record chart totaling performance of all available records.

My jingle bells are gone

Loved it Grace
asset.php

Now try to listen to the worst Christmas song ever, sung by a Dutch "artist". It sounds like screeching nails on a blackboard to me. Where Great-Britain brought the Olympics Games to the world, let me present you Holland's glory: Rinus.

Last edited:
Great plan MikeView attachment 8221 please post some more!
Of course there are tons of traditional Christmas songs from Gene Autry's Rudolph to Bing Crosby's White Christmas, and Bobby Helm's classic Jingle Bell Rock, etc. etc.

But I selected four non-traditional songs that I believe encompass the spirit of the season in different ways.

First two anti war, anti poverty hits that take on the spirit of the season.

Last edited:
A totally unexpected 1977 duet between two icons from totally different generations on a Christmas television special. They sound absolutely wonderful together.

And a hit from 1980 that I was turned on to by a very special 21 year kid who I was very fond of at that time, and this is a very non traditional song that speaks of Christmas for the young singles crowd in the big city. Another excellent song!

I hope my non traditional Christmas songs are welcome around the tree Robert. :xmaschristmas:

Loved it Grace
asset.php

Now try to listen to the worst Christmas song ever, sung by a Dutch "artist". It sounds like screeching nails on a blackboard to me. Where Great-Britain brought the Olympics Games to the world, let me present you Holland's glory: Rinus.

Oh! My! Gosh! that was too funny, Robert!

Christmas tree in a bag!?!? :haha:

Of course there are tons of traditional Christmas songs from Gene Autry's Rudolph to Bing Crosby's White Christmas, and Bobby Helm's classic Jingle Bell Rock, etc. etc.

But I selected four non-traditional songs that I believe encompass the spirit of the season in different ways.

First two anti war, anti poverty hits that take on the spirit of the season.

Great choice, Mike! Although it never fails to make my eyes well up, this is my all time favorite Christmas song...