• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

John Lennon

mikeyank

Long time forumite
Reaction score
I just wanted to make note that on this date December 8, 1980, a mad assassin snuffed out the life of a great man, whose music changed the world. You are missed John.

I just wanted to make note that on this date December 8, 1980, a mad assassin snuffed out the life of a great man, whose music changed the world. You are missed John.

Imagine

But why do we continuously go and remind ourselves of this. JL died 30 years ago so why don't we let him RIP instead of all the goddamn tv and radio programmes repeating what they've done for the last 30. The same goes for Elvis;

But why do we continuously go and remind ourselves of this. JL died 30 years ago so why don't we let him RIP instead of all the goddamn tv and radio programmes repeating what they've done for the last 30. The same goes for Elvis;
Because Jon, those of us who remember that day so vividly want to pay tribute to the man we loved, and felt like was a personal friend. As with November 22, 1963 when John F. Kennedy was assassinated, the date of December 8, 1980 is firmly entrenched in my brain. I can remember exactly where I was, and what my thoughts were when I found out about both events. I can still see the faces of the people who I encountered on both days and exactly what I was doing, and the television and radios report about both.

I don't think of it as not letting these men "rest in peace", but rather as a tribute to their lives, and pay our respects by remembering them on the day when I was shocked and cried, as if I lost a member of my immediate family. That was the effect that these men had on me.

Wow, thanks for sharing that Mike. I may for get it down the road. Dec. 8th is also my dad's birthday. I really enjoyed John Lennon. I find it weird that the book "The Catcher in The Rye" has been associated with a lot the crazy assassins including John Lennon too. I guess the assassin was upset about a picture John posed for in front of the statue of Liberty from what I read. I could be off on that. I never verified that fact.

Because Jon, those of us who remember that day so vividly want to pay tribute to the man we loved, and felt like was a personal friend. As with November 22, 1963 when John F. Kennedy was assassinated, the date of December 8, 1980 is firmly entrenched in my brain. I can remember exactly where I was, and what my thoughts were when I found out about both events. I can still see the faces of the people who I encountered on both days and exactly what I was doing, and the television and radios report about both.

I don't think of it as not letting these men "rest in peace", but rather as a tribute to their lives, and pay our respects by remembering them on the day when I was shocked and cried, as if I lost a member of my immediate family. That was the effect that these men had on me.

Mike, again we are on the same page. May the younger generation be touched, moved and inspired by such men who tried to make this country and world a better place. But may they also not have to suffer the loss of such men.
Jeff