• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Jason Mraz

peterh6308

BSB Addict
Reaction score
Has everybody heard that new song from him "I won't give up". A friend told me about this song and not really a fan of Jason's music I was reluctant. Then I heard it, and it is beautiful!! I also saw an acoustic version from the "Ellen" show and that blew me away. I started crying and remembering my partner and the some of the sacrifices we made for each other, and how if this song had come out when he was still here "It would be our song". Relationships are hard work, but giving each other space to grow as an individual helps that person bring their best to the relationship and the hard work eventually becomes a team effort and no one person carries the whole load. I'm still in love with my partner! But I think I'm getting emotionally lonely if that makes sense. I don't think I'll ever forget William (20yrs together) but maybe eventually I'll find room in my heart for another.:001_unsure:

WOW! AMAZING SONG! I'm sorry for whatever happened. Love can really be the greatest thing in the world and the worst when you lose someone you love.
Thanks Mark, I told my story on the thread you started about the issues about "falling in love with friends". How are you doing now? I made a comment on another thread about how I feel about this site (members and staff) and it feels like a big bunch of friends chatting and that makes me feel good. Well damn I started this thread and "The Owner: was the 1st to respond!! Very cool:biggrin:

Thanks Mark, I told my story on the thread you started about the issues about "falling in love with friends". How are you doing now? I made a comment on another thread about how I feel about this site (members and staff) and it feels like a big bunch of friends chatting and that makes me feel good. Well damn I started this thread and "The Owner: was the 1st to respond!! Very cool:biggrin:

Doing ok thanks. It has been tough and we aren't talking much. I feel like I have to try to get him out of my system but it feels impossible. I really want to hangout with him without all the feelings getting in the way but it's not possible. Hearing the song you posted reminded me of him.

Doing ok thanks. It has been tough and we aren't talking much. I feel like I have to try to get him out of my system but it feels impossible. I really want to hangout with him without all the feelings getting in the way but it's not possible. Hearing the song you posted reminded me of him.
Yep I know. It's been 3 years since William past away and I can't let loose of anything of his damn I can't even part with his ashes, let alone his belongings. My house is pretty much the same as when he left, pics of us and his kids. Even some of the drawings the kids did when they were little still on my fridge. My life is going on and time does help with the healing, he died from Diebetes so knowing he know longer is suffering is a relief, but I'm still stuck in the "I wish things were like when we were in our 20s". Your situation is a little different in that you guys weren't a couple and he's still around and we were together and he's gone. I don't know which is worse my friend!! As Neil Young said "Only love can break your heart". So very true.

Yep I know. It's been 3 years since William past away and I can't let loose of anything of his damn I can't even part with his ashes, let alone his belongings. My house is pretty much the same as when he left, pics of us and his kids. Even some of the drawings the kids did when they were little still on my fridge. My life is going on and time does help with the healing, he died from Diebetes so knowing he know longer is suffering is a relief, but I'm still stuck in the "I wish things were like when we were in our 20s". Your situation is a little different in that you guys weren't a couple and he's still around and we were together and he's gone. I don't know which is worse my friend!! As Neil Young said "Only love can break your heart". So very true.

That's horrible sorry to hear that. I'm so afraid of someone close to me dying. One of my very good friends lost his partner and it was so painful for me to see and how painful it was for him. I can't even imagine going through that. I'm very sorry for your pain but better to love and lost then to never love at all.

That's horrible sorry to hear that. I'm so afraid of someone close to me dying. One of my very good friends lost his partner and it was so painful for me to see and how painful it was for him. I can't even imagine going through that. I'm very sorry for your pain but better to love and lost then to never love at all.
I was afraid 4 years ago about someone really close to me dying also. My Family had been very lucky we were all still here, then in 11 months time we lost my 21yo nephew, his Dad, one of my Sisters, a close Family friend and my Partner. Don't get me wrong I'm not feeling sorry for myself or looking for pity, it's just now life is so much more precious to me and my Family is so much closer. Death is a part of life that most people are afraid of, and thats what makes us human. I couldn't tell you from experience if your last sentence is true, because to "love and lost" was/is very painful, but the upside is when I finally kick the bucket (30yrs hopefully) I know at sometime in my life 1 person was in love with me. Life and the heart are very complicated things, but we move on and hopefully continue to grow and learn.

:0

Has everybody heard that new song from him "I won't give up". A friend told me about this song and not really a fan of Jason's music I was reluctant. Then I heard it, and it is beautiful!! I also saw an acoustic version from the "Ellen" show and that blew me away. I started crying and remembering my partner and the some of the sacrifices we made for each other, and how if this song had come out when he was still here "It would be our song". Relationships are hard work, but giving each other space to grow as an individual helps that person bring their best to the relationship and the hard work eventually becomes a team effort and no one person carries the whole load. I'm still in love with my partner! But I think I'm getting emotionally lonely if that makes sense. I don't think I'll ever forget William (20yrs together) but maybe eventually I'll find room in my heart for another.:001_unsure:

I love jason mraz, me and my ex wifes song was song was im yours! When she left me it was the hardest thing I ever went throught, and now that song always brings back those feelings. Love is the best and worst thing a person will ever know.