• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

From Washington, DC

tightywhitieboy

Reaction score
So I'm about 20min out of the nation's capital and as I'm sure a lot of you have heard the city council there voted to legalize gay marriage. The mayor is expected to sign off on it. But then Congress must approve......as DC is not a state. So we'll see what happens, but so far, good news!

Vested interest?

So I'm about 20min out of the nation's capital and as I'm sure a lot of you have heard the city council there voted to legalize gay marriage. The mayor is expected to sign off on it. But then Congress must approve......as DC is not a state. So we'll see what happens, but so far, good news!

Is there a megalucky wearer of white size S men's cotton briefs with whom you plan to take the city up on the legislation once Congress has signed off on it?

Attachments

• inmybriefs.jpg
    inmybriefs.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 33
Is there a megalucky wearer of white size S men's cotton briefs with whom you plan to take the city up on the legislation once Congress has signed off on it?

love that pic!!!! and, no, i am not looking to get married right now, but just thought i'd pass the news along....

hot pic!!!!!!!!!

Just curious is there any members in here that are legally married in one of the states that so far allows it? I am seriously thinking about it since we live in Iowa but I need to find out what it will do to our taxes first.

By the way congratulations TightyWhitiGuy with a lot of luck the jerks on the hill wont try to stop it. So far every Republican candidate for governor here in Iowa has vowed to issue some kind of a stay to stop it from happening until they can hold a public election on the issue.

Now this could prove interesting.... Please keep us informed.:biggrin:

Just curious is there any members in here that are legally married in one of the states that so far allows it? I am seriously thinking about it since we live in Iowa but I need to find out what it will do to our taxes first.

By the way congratulations TightyWhitiGuy with a lot of luck the jerks on the hill wont try to stop it. So far every Republican candidate for governor here in Iowa has vowed to issue some kind of a stay to stop it from happening until they can hold a public election on the issue.

Yes, my partner and and (after being together for 20 years) were married in Concord, Mass this past summer.

Yes, my partner and and (after being together for 20 years) were married in Concord, Mass this past summer.

Thanks Silver and congratulations to you and your partner. I would ask you this in a PM but I thought some of the others would be interested. Legally speaking have you gotten any benefits from doing so, and without getting personal will this help or hinder on your taxes this year? I am all but certain that I will be doing the same with my partner next March 1 as that will be our 29th anniversary of being together but I am afraid what it will do to our taxes as I got classified as fully disabled this past year. I am also afraid that we may loose the right next year as there is a bunch of ass holes trying to get it voted back out like they did in California.

Are you ready for the tangle? It's really not that difficult. You fill out a joint return for the federal (called a ghost return because you never file it - your marriage is not legally recognized by the IRS but the figures on the joint return will be needed to file a joint return for the state), then you each file separate real returns for the federal, and a real joint return for the for the state. It's four returns but you only file three of them. Does that make sense?

As to the benefits- ask you accountant. Every couple, every set of incomes, every state, every set of circumstances is going to be different. We were married years ago in Canada. When our middle son was playing Little League we were sitting together after a game and he ran to us to get money to go with the other players for a pizza. I heard one of his teammates ask him how come he had two fathers? "We're Canadian," he answered. "Oh," the kid replied and the two climbed into the van. I've never regretted our decision.