• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Do you read the stories?

Do you read the stories?

• Yes

Votes: 44 67.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 32.3%

• Total voters
I have slow connection speed so the downloads always take ages. Reading the stories is a pleasant way to pass time! And I like to know what I'm downloading. So yes, it's all great. :thumbup: Putting all the grammatical errors and mistakes in names aside, whoever is writing them is good.

I always read them. And I quite enjoy them for all of their ridiculousness. Someone different should take over writing them if you truly want to make this a better site.

I used to always read them, but now would rather just watch the video rather than read a blow by blow of what I am about to watch. I would rather watch what is going to happen, rather than read about it. Would read it, if it covered something other than exactly what is about to happen. For me want to watch the details not read about them.

I read the stories most of the time. Sometimes I skim for the word KISS! LOL!

I read them after I watch the video. Sometimes it helps explain something that was said in the video.

I always read the story, then sort of compare the video to what was discussed in the story by David and the boys.
I very seldom watch the solo episodes, but I do read about them.
I don't ever have to wait for a video to download. Once I click on my speed/quality choice and then click on it, then the video starts right away. I have never downloaded anything on this site.

Gary

Oh most definitely! I never miss a story. Some are better than others but . . .

I read them and mentally correct the bloopers, malaprops, misspellings, grammatical errors and other hilarious mistakes, some of which are priceless. For me Broke Straight Boys is like slaughtering a pig, you get the good out of every single bit.

:w00t::lol::thumbup:

This is why I don't read them. The maiming of the English language really detracts from the site for me. I know not everyone can be a Shakespeare, but there really needs to be a proofreader or editor before the stories (or even the blurbs on the front page for that matter) get put online.

I'm not a grammar nazi (except for the work I edit), but to me, the grammar/malaprops etc are a big unprofessional black eye on a site that aside from that is top notch.

I was about to post, but after reading Jon's take on "the stories", I will just say, Same here.

Same... found a few hidden treasures this way (jordan and giovanni never appealed to me from the pic but reading the description made it sounds more appealing and fuck yeah.. Hummina Hummina Hummina)

And Slim is right - the grammatical errors and spelling mistakes do make me laugh some times..

This is why I don't read them. The maiming of the English language really detracts from the site for me. I know not everyone can be a Shakespeare, but there really needs to be a proofreader or editor before the stories (or even the blurbs on the front page for that matter) get put online.

I'm not a grammar nazi (except for the work I edit), but to me, the grammar/malaprops etc are a big unprofessional black eye on a site that aside from that is top notch.

Exactly. Stephane's layouts and graphics, his creative concepts and his marketing savvy, together with David's very canny intuitive selection process for the straighties, give a first impression that turns out to be a hollow shell when you get to the texts. Management knows I've had experience proofreading and would love to run over the texts an hour before they have to be uploaded, but any one of several guys on the forum could do it as well as I.

I read the stories, but only after watching the scene first. I typically fast forward through most of the videos to the "good stuff", and then often-times will read the story later. I loved them when David wrote them, but I like them now as well. I think they're usually written well, and they always do a great job capturing the essence of the scene. And, more than once, I have gleaned some information out of a story that I missed while doing all my fast-forwarding. The stories actually provide more information than the photo stills do because the photo stills often-times leave out a lot of the hot stuff (kissing, cum eating where applicable, etc.)

Abe

I was going to comment on the spelling and gramer errors myself. It makes the sight look very unprofessional. The last time I commented on something I felt was unprofessional on this site, I was nailed to the cross and crusified. I'm glad someone else had the balls to do it. I'm not the worlds best speller nor am I always gramatically correct, but then again, I'm not running a professional web site either.

Sorry

I was going to comment on the spelling and gramer errors myself. It makes the sight look very unprofessional. The last time I commented on something I felt was unprofessional on this site, I was nailed to the cross and crusified. I'm glad someone else had the balls to do it. I'm not the worlds best speller nor am I always gramatically correct, but then again, I'm not running a professional web site either.

Too much "nailed to the cross and crucified" out there:thumbdown:. That's why I quit going to church.

I always skim the stories for highlights like KISSING.
:biggrin:

I enjoy the stories and usually read them before watching the video. It would be nice to include some stats at the end..like age, height, weight, dick size, cut or uncut,underwear style preference etc...just a little box containing their stats like many other sites do. As for spelling and grammar, there is no excuse for such errors with spelling and grammar checks on virtually every word processing program.

Last edited:
I used to read the stories always when the video was downloading, but now with the new HD versions, I don't have to wait for the downloads; therefore I rarely if ever read the stories now.

It would be nice to include some stats at the end..like age, height, weight, dick size, cut or uncut,underwear style preference etc...just a little box containing their stats like many other sites do.

That is a GREAT suggestion!

Abe

Proofreader needed!

Scott thanks so much for stating all of this.

When I first joined Broke Straight Boys I wanted to get current on the scenes so I started on the last page a worked my way forward. I paid absolutely no attention to the stories either before or after I viewed the shoot. When I got caught up, I started reading the stories afterwards, and wow, was I surprised. I went back and picked out a few of the scenes I had previously watched and read the story line. They were all the same, very unprofessional, not anything like the video production , but a lot like the questions and banter. I love David’s work but I got so tired of hearing him say: “and stuff like that” and “that’s cool” at some of the most inappropriate times in the question and answer sessions. I think it has gotten better but I also must agree with Slim the “there, their” gets rather funny at first then it gets old. Sorry for my bloviating at this point but I agree that having a proofreader would be a great addition in making this site very, very professional.

You weren't "nailed to the cross and crucified" for having an opinion, it was about how rude you were being to some of the other members of the female persuasion.

Just wanted to set that straight.

I remember all the rudeness I read on David's womens thread. It was before I joined the forums and it almost kept me from joining.