• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Cooking! Favorit Recipes!

BlakeBennet

BSB Model
BSB Model
Reaction score
Tell me what is your favorite recipes to cook with all the time!
If there is one on here that i really like, i might just have to try them out myself and shoot you guys feed back!

My favorite is steak and mashed potatoes!

tenderize the steaks, mash them down to about half and inch thick.

pinch of salt on both sides, enough to your satisfaction.

ground pepper, Fresh is always best.

a good bbq rub, something that will create a bark. (McCormics Grill Mates BBQ)

a very small amount of garlic powder to your preference.

grill/pan fry. Grill is best for the meat to stay juicy.

Grill on each side for 4 mins. every two min, turn the steak a quarter turn to get those nice grill marks and to make sure the meat isnt over cooking on one side.
Flip over and do the same.

this should cook the steak to a bright pink (if grill is on high) coal grill might be a bit different.

Have a really good mashed potatoes and greenbean and carrot sides and there you have it.. Good Ol' fashioned Texas Steak Dinner. :angel:

Sounds yummy! :) I love mashed potatoes too. But if I have mashed potatoes with steak (instead of a baked potato with lots of butter and a good dash of pepper) then I prefer garlic mashed.

My Dad is Mexican, so we grew up eating yummy. My Mom taught me and my sisters how to cook everything from scratch (even tortillas). Sorry but I can't give out my recipes my Mom would "kick my ass". One dish is my own so here goes: Cook a pork roast on low 275 or so for about 5 hours (you want the meat to be shredded), add a can of stewed tomatoes, 1 can of of diced green chillies, 1 can of hominey, salt and pepper to taste and bam you have have "pork pesole". Taste great with flour tortillas!

Buttercream Frosting

1 stick butter (softened)
1/2 cup Crisco Shortening
4 cups 10x Powdered sugar
2 tablespoons water or milk (your choice)
1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream butter (softened not melted) and Crisco together, add milk or water, add vanilla and salt.

Slowly add powdered sugar to form a nice creamy frosting. If it looks too stiff add a touch more water or milk. frost cake or cookies and enjoy.:radio32:

Last edited:
Buttercream Frosting

1 stick butter (softened)
1/2 cup Crisco Shortening
4 cups 10x Powdered sugar
2 tablespoons water or milk (your choice)
1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream butter (softened not melted) and Crisco together, add milk or water, add vanilla and salt.

Slowly add powdered sugar to form a nice creamy frosting. If it looks too stiff add a touch more water or milk. frost cake or cookies and enjoy.:radio32:

YUM!

Any of you guys seen Cup Cake Wars?!

'Burgh favorite recipes

Hi Blake
Thought you might like these recipes - some of my favorites
Pittsburgh Ham Barbecue Sandwiches
Serves 6 - 25 min. total time for making (5 min prep)

1 lb Isley's Chipped Chopped Ham (doubt you have it in Texas - a local delicacy
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon sweet relish
1 (12 once) jar chili sauce
1/2 cup water
hamburger buns

1. Run the ham under hot water in a colander for about 30 seconds to get some of the salt out of the ham but not to long
2. In a saucepan, mix all ingredients, making sure the ham is well coated.
3. cook for about 20 minutes
4. Serve on hamburger buns that have already been toaste and buttered

Mock Crab Cakes
2 cups zucchini, grated and squeeze to remove juice
1 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbs mayonnaise
1 Tbs onion flakes
1/2 tesp. garlic powder

Mix all ingredients, shape into patties and fry in oil until brown

Fire and Ice Shrimp
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup white - rice vinegar
1 1/2 lb raw shimp, unpeeled ( 35-40 count frozen okay)
1 Tsp ginger root, chopped
3 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
1 Tsp sugar
1 teaspoon salt ( preferably sea or kosher)
1 small onion,thinly sliced
2 scallions (green and white portions) - thinly sliced
1. In a small bowl, soak red pepper flakes in vinegar - 30 minutes
2. Mineanwhile bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add shrimp, simmer for 3 - 4 minutes (longer if shrimp is frozen) until pink. Do not overcook.
3. Drain shrimp in colander and rinse with cold water to cool. Peel. If you want more pieces, cut each shrimp in half lengthwise
4. Place vinegar - pepper liquid, garlic, sugar and salt into a blender. Blend until smooth. Putin small saucepan and simmer.
5. Place shrimp, onions and scallions in a glass bowl. Add hot sace and stir to combine well.Cover, chill overnight. Serve with toothpicks.

Enjoy garden boy in Pittsburgh :welcome:

I wasn't hungry, now I am starving, thanks for that! BBQ is my weakness, I am from Texas. Lol and I don't have any of those ingredients lol so I'm stuck with making me my Mac and cheese... Lol

Mac and cheese? Yummm. Try this with your mac and cheese.
Buy the box of mac and cheese (I like the one with the white cheddar) and follow the directions.
After the macaroni is ready, drain and add 2 teaspoons (pats) of butter and add the package of cheese that comes in the box.

After mixing, add a cup of shredded cheese (I like the shredded 4 types of cheese) to the mix. Then add 1/2 cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Mix well and allow everything to melt together.

Like a meat with your M and C? Crisp about 4 slices of bacon and crumble over the M&C. Or, add 1/2 pound of browned hamburger, or, a 1/2 pound of chopped ham. The meat choice can be whatever you happen to like. I alternate the three meat choices above.

At this point it is ready to serve, but, if you want, you can put the whole thing in a casserole dish and in the oven for 30 minutes at about 300 degrees, but if you do, add about 1/2 cup more of cream/milk so as not to dry out the M&C. Bon apetite!

P.S. For the sour cream, I use the Cacique brand sold at HEB, as it is not quite as sour.

i have a realy simple meal, try it..

1 slice of bread.
butter it up with a thick layer of green pesto.
add some slices of tomato.
add some slices of fresh mozzarella cheese.
and on topp a few rings of red onion, and salt and pepper..

enjoy!!

OK I make a recipe I created myself -- really very simple but people love it.

First: Use red skip potatoes quarter them and then par boil them.
Second: let them sit 30 minutes
Third: Place in Frig.
Fourth: cut up VADALIA onions, finely sliced.
Fifth: Very thinly sliced celery, u decide how much u want
Sixth: Canned (not cooked) chicken
Seventh: optional depending of your like for them, very coarsely ground black olives.
Eight: 2/3 Mayo and 1/3 ranch.
Ninth: Mix, cover, frig for an hour.
If people don't like it don't invite them back.

A quickie:
one ripe avocado, split in half, get rid of seed.
one tablespoon of lumpfish caviar in each half
pour thousand Island dressing on caviar, not too much just a dab.
eat delicately with silver spoon.

A quickie:
one ripe avocado, split in half, get rid of seed.
one tablespoon of lumpfish caviar in each half
pour thousand Island dressing on caviar, not too much just a dab.
eat delicately with silver spoon.

Not a bad recipe but if you have 2 avacado's try this,

Split both avacados in half as above, get rid of pip. Scoop out the avacado from the skin and put into glass bowl, mix with lemon juice. Add crushed garlic and finely chopped fresh tomatoes and spring onions. Mix it all up.

Eat with Doritoes chips or whatever packet chips you have over there.

Once I tried out a recipe from Jamie Oliver... no horses could hold me back.
Bought his books, and DVD's.

Jamie Oliver as the "naked chef" leaves out lot's of difficult and often unnecessary ingredients, and focuses on the essentials.

Try out: this fantastic risotto... http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2008/11/shrimp-and-pea-risotto-recipe.html

Or starters watch: Making the perfect omelette - Jamie's Ministry of Food
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQyRuOEKfVk&list=UUpSgg_ECBj25s9moCDfSTsA&index=9&feature=plcp

Any of you guys ever tasted what are probably the two greatest British dishes.

Fish and Chips

A full english breakfast (Bacon but not cremated, sausage not split, fried eggs, mushrooms, fried bread, tomatoes (tinned or fresh) and/or baked beans.

Washed down with a hot mug of English tea of course.

Pasta with Vodka Sauce

1 pound penne
1/2 pound bacon, diced
1/4 C vodka
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 C heavy cream
Fresh grated Parmesan to your liking

Start your pasta water boiling.

Fry diced bacon in a large skillet until crisp, remove from pan and drain off all but a teaspoon of the fat, and leave any browned bits in the pan. Add the vodka and deglaze the pan, reducing the vodka to just a tablespoon. Add the tomato sauce and season well with salt and pepper. Turn down the heat and let simmer while pasta cooks. When the pasta is done, drain well. Let it sit while you finish the sauce. To the simmering sauce, add the cooked bacon and the cream. Stir until the cream warms and is well incorporated. Add the drained pasta to the pan and stir to combine it all. Top with a generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.

It's my family's favorite busy weeknight meal, as it's all ready in about half an hour.

OK I make a recipe I created myself -- really very simple but people love it.

First: Use red skip potatoes quarter them and then par boil them.
Second: let them sit 30 minutes
Third: Place in Frig.
Fourth: cut up VADALIA onions, finely sliced.
Fifth: Very thinly sliced celery, u decide how much u want
Sixth: Canned (not cooked) chicken
Seventh: optional depending of your like for them, very coarsely ground black olives.
Eight: 2/3 Mayo and 1/3 ranch.
Ninth: Mix, cover, frig for an hour.
If people don't like it don't invite them back.

Sounds good Frontier, I'll haVe to try it out.

Pasta with Vodka Sauce

1 pound penne
1/2 pound bacon, diced
1/4 C vodka
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 C heavy cream
Fresh grated Parmesan to your liking

Start your pasta water boiling.

Fry diced bacon in a large skillet until crisp, remove from pan and drain off all but a teaspoon of the fat, and leave any browned bits in the pan. Add the vodka and deglaze the pan, reducing the vodka to just a tablespoon. Add the tomato sauce and season well with salt and pepper. Turn down the heat and let simmer while pasta cooks. When the pasta is done, drain well. Let it sit while you finish the sauce. To the simmering sauce, add the cooked bacon and the cream. Stir until the cream warms and is well incorporated. Add the drained pasta to the pan and stir to combine it all. Top with a generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.

Sounds good LL! Great to have you back! Never really thought of combining cream sauce with tomato. Love the thought of t he vodka!