• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Charlotte NC Pride - August 16 and 17, 2014

Sha

BluMedia Staff
Staff member
Reaction score
We haven't been to Charlotte in a few years and we are excited to add this great Pride to our list this year. The people in Charlotte are so friendly and we look forward to seeing them again this year.

We haven't been to Charlotte in a few years and we are excited to add this great Pride to our list this year. The people in Charlotte are so friendly and we look forward to seeing them again this year.

Atlanta and Charlotte and three in SoCal; a few in the mid-west. I'm curious, have you no members in the northeast?

Atlanta and Charlotte and three in SoCal; a few in the mid-west. I'm curious, have you no members in the northeast?

There is many factors when deciding on what pride events we are going to attend. We do try to spread them out because we have many members all over the country and world.

There is many factors when deciding on what pride events we are going to attend. We do try to spread them out because we have many members all over the country and world.

And yet you to go to several of the same ones year after year. Really - 3 in so cal; and none in the northeast. And of course, I won't go into my discourse on NYC Pride with which you are all too familiar.

There are two which you should go to every year: NYC - Home of Stonewall and the birthplace of the modern gay rights movement; and Denver - home of Broke Straight Boys Then you plan the rest of them based on available financial resources and scheduling dates. It really is that simple.

And yet you to go to several of the same ones year after year. Really - 3 in so cal; and none in the northeast. And of course, I won't go into my discourse on NYC Pride with which you are all too familiar.

There are two which you should go to every year: NYC - Home of Stonewall and the birthplace of the modern gay rights movement; and Denver - home of Broke Straight Boys Then you plan the rest of them based on available financial resources and scheduling dates. It really is that simple.

We were in Ohio this year but we will try to get more in next year. Once the TV show airs we are hoping to do more Pride events.

I would love to go to NY again but we didn't think it was worth it last time we were there. Keep in mind some of these cities are very expensive to be in and fly into and sometimes the booth rental fee is the first thing that keeps us from going to certain cities.

five years after stonewall, the 3 cities ended their parades with a two day festival.

here's new York's pride fest
June 29
PrideFest
The streets spill over with a vibrant mixture of food and craft vendors, musicians, entertainers and local residents at the annual Pride Week street fair, now in its 20th year. The PrideFest smorgasbord runs along Hudson Street, from 14th Street to Abingdon Square, just a few blocks away from the end of the march route, and also just a few blocks from the Hudson River piers, an excellent place to watch the sunset after a day of celebration. This event is free and open to the public and takes place from 11am to 6pm.

Last edited:

We were in Ohio this year but we will try to get more in next year. Once the TV show airs we are hoping to do more Pride events.

While close to the northeast, Ohio is the mid-west. Northeast= Penna, Del, NJ and north and east to Maine.

I would love to go to NY again but we didn't think it was worth it last time we were there. Keep in mind some of these cities are very expensive to be in and fly into and sometimes the booth rental fee is the first thing that keeps us from going to certain cities.

When you went to NYC last time, it was a last minute decision because of a cancellation, I believe in the Twin Cities. So you had to end up staying at the carriage trade of all NYC hotels and I'm sure you got crappy booth space because of being a last minute addition. I do not dispute that NYC would be more expensive than say Columbus or St. Louis.My point is that you no doubt budget X amount of dollars for attending pride events. You will always go to Denver Pride and rightfully so because it is the home of Blumedia. So you take X dollars and subtract D dollars for Denver expenses. The you take the balance and subtract the costs of NYC Pride which you should go to every year because it is the home of Stonewall and the birthplace of the modern gay rights movement, and it is a large market which you should want to expand in. And if you plan far enough ahead you can get reasonable accommodations (even in Jersey and you can take the Holland Tunnel to the city) and decent booth space. Then you take the balance remaining after NYC and then plan the balance of the Pride events. So maybe you don't do 3 so cal events every year, but one each year on a rotating schedule. Same way with the others you go back to year after year. I just think it can be done.

-

Will you have a pride in Knoxville, Tn. that you know of?

I intended to go to the Charlotte Pride, but I didn't. Which boys from the site went to Charlotte Pride? ( I know I may end up kicking myself for not going!! hahaha!) The Charlotte Pride had a MASSIVE turnout this year, way surpassing any other year. I know so many people who went, and all of them said it was the best, and would be hard to top next year. I would imagine booth rent is much cheaper in Charlotte than in other big cities; the cost of living in Charlotte is just low by comparison. So booth rent in say, San Francisco, would be higher. With that said, and the heavy turn out ( interstates and freeways heading out of the city were backed up for a while, as people left Pride in the early evening,) and the positive regional coverage Charlotte Pride is now getting, Charlotte is a MUST for Broke Straight Boys I rarely fly, so I can't imagine what it costs to fly into Charlotte; I guess it depends on where you're coming from. But the Airport is not far from downtown, and hotels are springing up every other month it seems downtown. Plus, there are hotels that circles downtown that aren't very expensive. Therefore, I would believe price competition would help keep down hotel costs. I look forward to meeting the Broke Straight Boys's next year! I'm sure I will make it down there.