• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Burlesque

kaalaaupuni

Reaction score
I was fortunate to attend a special engagement preview last night, which I found very entertaining. I don't go to movies often, but I would recommend this one. The subject does evoke memories of Chicago and Cabaret, and the movie is done in a similarly tasteful way. Aside from Cher, the beloved icon of the mostly GLBT crowd, you get great performances from Christina Aguilera (Ali), Stanley Tucci (stage manager Sean), and Eric Dane (the sexy entrepreneur Marcus). You also get to see some hot bodies and hear some great singing, woven in an entertaining plot. It's not boringly predictable, but if you're astute and observant, the clues are there for you to figure it out. My favorite would have to be Jack (Cam Gigandet)--he's amazingly sexy (with or without clothes--how's that for a teaser). It's those eyes of his that would make you want to wrap your arms around him. (Sorry guys, just read his girlfriend just had a baby... Bet you Lovelumps, Ms Deidra, and Ms Kiana would love to see him in a Broke Straight Boys episode :tongue_smilie:)

I was fortunate to attend a special engagement preview last night, which I found very entertaining. I don't go to movies often, but I would recommend this one. The subject does evoke memories of Chicago and Cabaret, and the movie is done in a similarly tasteful way. Aside from Cher, the beloved icon of the mostly GLBT crowd, you get great performances from Christina Aguilera (Ali), Stanley Tucci (stage manager Sean), and Eric Dane (the sexy entrepreneur Marcus). You also get to see some hot bodies and hear some great singing, woven in an entertaining plot. It's not boringly predictable, but if you're astute and observant, the clues are there for you to figure it out. My favorite would have to be Jack (Cam Gigandet)--he's amazingly sexy (with or without clothes--how's that for a teaser). It's those eyes of his that would make you want to wrap your arms around him. (Sorry guys, just read his girlfriend just had a baby... Bet you Lovelumps, Ms Deidra, and Ms Kiana would love to see him in a Broke Straight Boys episode :tongue_smilie:)

Cam is hot! I also think Eric Dane is hot. There are great looking men and women at every age. There may be more of them in their twenties, but every decade has it's hotties.

Thanks for the review Kaalaaupuni. I will be sure to check it out.

I have only seen the previews. I am just curious about Cher. Her song said we haven't seen the last of her... And she supposedly did her last tour a few years ago. I als found out that she has been palying Vegas and will continue until February. It just kind of sparks my interest.

I definitely want to check out this movie after Harry Potter.:wink:

YESSSS!!!!! I love this movie and I haven't even seen it yet!! Christina can riff the alphabet and I would be in love! I will be seeing this asap! I'm gimping off to see Harry Potter tonight. Sprained ankle, crutches and bruised face and all!!

Miss K, you know your men (no big surprise, having read many of your copious posts... ;) ) I think you'll appreciate Cam even more when you see the movie in its entirety. Initially I thought it was mainly about Cher, but I liked the focus on the mix of characters...Cam definitely caught my attention from the start, without even being the top attraction. I had never seen/heard of most of these actors (except Christina and Cher), which isn't surprising given my lack of movie exposure.

Hey Jay, always on top of things (yes pun intended) as always... I think you'll enjoy the movie. Prior to the movie, some of my friends wondered about Cher's role, given her age. She plays her supporting actress role well, mixing in touches of compassion to balance a hard, bitchy exterior as business owner. and yes, you probably haven't seen the last of her :p I'll probably delay watching Harry, since I hate the idea of waiting almost a year for part 2...

Zyl, sorry to hear you damaged that beautiful body (hey I thought you bf was supposed to take care of you :) ) Hope you enjoy the HP movie. You'll enjoy the denouement that raises Christina (Ali) from star-struck Iowa waitress to LA hottie. And boy, do they leverage off her voice!!!!

Hey Jay, always on top of things (yes pun intended) as always... I think you'll enjoy the movie. Prior to the movie, some of my friends wondered about Cher's role, given her age. She plays her supporting actress role well, mixing in touches of compassion to balance a hard, bitchy exterior as business owner. and yes, you probably haven't seen the last of her :p I'll probably delay watching Harry, since I hate the idea of waiting almost a year for part 2...

LOL, Good point regarding Harry Potter but I promised my 13 yearold god son I would take him. :wink:

Zyl, sorry to hear you damaged that beautiful body (hey I thought you bf was supposed to take care of you :) ) Hope you enjoy the HP movie. You'll enjoy the denouement that raises Christina (Ali) from star-struck Iowa waitress to LA hottie. And boy, do they leverage off her voice!!!!

He is supposed to take care of me. After he was done laughing at what I did, he helped me up, wrapped my ankle and took me to the hospital...

HP was freakin' awesome. BEST. HP. MOVIE. EVER. I can't believe where it cut off! Such a perfect part...

swooning!!!

I've never heard of this guy but I can't put my tongue back in my mouth now! I love a man in a kilt....

Attachments

• cam-gigandet-kilt.jpg
    cam-gigandet-kilt.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 44
I'm not much into movies, but I really have enjoyed Cher and still do to this day. I have several of her music CDs.
ABC News Nightline did an interview with Cher last night. It is hard to imagine that she is 64 years old and still going strong. There was even clips of the movie and then her closing song about not seeing the last of me (her).
Excellent interview.

Gary

I put Burlesque in Youtube and ignored the obvious film clips and found this one from little known English rock bound Family. Love the electric guitar and the hoarse voice of Roger Chapman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23VdAJuEU1Y&feature=fvsr

Mikeyank - your views please x

Oops too late to edit but I then searched for Roger Chapman and found this form 1981. 9 mins 30 of pure live concert genius - you couldn't capture this in a studio. Love the slutty backing singers, the dirty looking lead guitarist with a fag in his mouth whilst rocking away on his Gibson Les Paul, sax player brilliant, pianist sound. Wow where's the time machine.

I put Burlesque in Youtube and ignored the obvious film clips and found this one from little known English rock bound Family. Love the electric guitar and the hoarse voice of Roger Chapman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23VdAJuEU1Y&feature=fvsr

Mikeyank - your views please x
This is a British rock band from "my era" of rock that I am not familiar with. I watched the you tube clip, and agree with you Jon that Roger Chapman does have a cool hoarse voice similar to Rod Stewart or to a lesser extent Joe Cocker. Thank you for educating me with some classic rock history. :001_smile: