• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Behind the scenes

Why not have a series of questions prepared ahead of time so that David does not get stuck on how Diesal has matured. If the conversations stray from the script, all the better. But, a little preparation ahead of time would certainly reduce editing time. Film it and post it

The interviews have been great. The event tapes very boring.

I agree. The Arizona pride event was okay.

But the "highlights" of the 2 Long Beach scenes could have been condensed down to 1 vid of 5 minutes. It would also help if once the camera is turned on that the guys quickly introduce themselves by their names or stage names. I recognized Derek, Johnny and Patrick. Was that Mark in the wheelchair? I recognized the guy with the sideburns by face. But I don't remember his name because he hasn't filmed anything with us. At least not yet. And was the camera man Bryce? Or someone else?

For new people though they wouldn't have a clue who most of these guys are. Without introductions at least.

It was cute though to watch Derek squirm as the guys asked him to talk about his upcoming bottoming scene with Tyler and Corey of May 20, 2009. He called it "the big sha-bang". haha That was cute! :biggrin:

I agree wholeheartedly. If the guys at the events were the models we know from the site, it would be a whole different story, but with guy's we don't really know or care about, it's not very entertaining, to me.

But I love the model interviews. Mike and Tyler have been my favorites so far. Please interview Logan :thumbup:.

Thanks

I have some better behind the scenes I'm going to be adding. I filmed some of it and thought it was very funny. Btw I'm the one in the wheelchair.

Mark

I saw the cute guy in the chair:001_tt1:. Is that temporary or are you wheelchair bound?

I saw the cute guy in the chair:001_tt1:. Is that temporary or are you wheelchair bound?

I had a blood clot in my spinal cord that paralyzed me when I was 11. I had 3doctors say I would never walk again but I proved them wrong. I was fine for about 10 years but then started getting weak. I had a bunch of surgeries but one surgery there was microscopic swelling in my spinal cord which caused me to be on crutches. So I was on crutches for 10 years and was getting weaker towards the end. My main surgeon couldn't do much more so he referred me to this doctor in Arizona. I had surgery with the doctor in Arizona 3 years ago and he completely removed the blood clot. I've been in a wheelchair since then but feel lucky I'm not dead or paralyzed. I can move my legs fine but can't quite walk yet but I'm working on it.

Mark

Mark, as a guy who was paralyzed from the waist down at the age of 48 because my L4 vertebra exploded, and then had to learn how to walk again, I have a hint of what you've gone through. I'm fortunate that I landed on the mobile side of the disability. While initially I couldn't move my left leg at all and my right one only a couple of inches, eventually both came back. It took years but by now on a good day I can run down a flight of stairs (don't ask me to run down two). On a bad day, I slowly walk down them one tread at a time. In any case, you totally have the right attitude. I'm confident you'll walk again. I'm sure you've seen it in physical therapy, watching other patients. Those who pushed themselves got better. Obviously, you're a pusher.

When my time comes - I'm 56 now - I know my legs will be the first part of me to give out. I joke with a great friend who has MS that we'll have demolition derby wheelchair races in the nursing home. Sounds like fun to me.

Mark, you are a tough cookie! With your fantastic attitude, I'm sure you will reach your goal! Wishing you all the best!

You, too, Smiley!

Mark, as a guy who was paralyzed from the waist down at the age of 48 because my L4 vertebra exploded, and then had to learn how to walk again, I have a hint of what you've gone through. I'm fortunate that I landed on the mobile side of the disability. While initially I couldn't move my left leg at all and my right one only a couple of inches, eventually both came back. It took years but by now on a good day I can run down a flight of stairs (don't ask me to run down two). On a bad day, I slowly walk down them one tread at a time. In any case, you totally have the right attitude. I'm confident you'll walk again. I'm sure you've seen it in physical therapy, watching other patients. Those who pushed themselves got better. Obviously, you're a pusher.

When my time comes - I'm 56 now - I know my legs will be the first part of me to give out. I joke with a great friend who has MS that we'll have demolition derby wheelchair races in the nursing home. Sounds like fun to me.

That's great you are back to walking. It is a tough thing to deal with and people that can walk just take it for granted. I know what you had to go through to walk again so cheers to you for doing it. I hope to start walking later this year. :thumbup:

Mark

It is a tough thing to deal with and people that can walk just take it for granted.
They have no concept of learning how to walk again. Learn? Don't you know how to walk? Maybe they can understand the idea of learning to make muscles fire again, but certainly you know how to walk, don't you?

No, you don't. We all learned how to walk as a child. Sometime later on, learning language skills and other tasks became more important. Walking was by then ingrained in the system. The result is we all forgot how to walk. When I started walking again, I had a gait like Frankenstein. I had to learn to put my heal down first and rotate over to the ball of my foot. I had to will my body to do it.

By now walking is back to being instinctive to me 99% of the time, but that other 1% is very strange. At those times, walking becomes a very conscious thing and not casual at all.

I hope to start walking later this year. :thumbup:
You will.

Last edited:
Hey Mark,

In my life experience so far I have had a tiny hint of what your journey is like. When I was 8 years old I had a major surgery that left me bed bound for several weeks. Once the sutures had healed enough for me to start walking again I found that I no longer could. There had been so much muscle atrophy that I couldn't support my weight. And my body had forgotten how to walk. I had to either be in the wheelchair or carried around like a toddler. Eventually I regained my strength in spite of the bad back pain and tears that I went through to do it.

One day I was chasing the other kids down the hallway of the hospital (or vice versa :biggrin:) and I realized that I was keeping up with them. It dawned on me at that moment that I was feeling the best I had since the surgery. As fate would have it though the very next day they told my parents that they would have to do another surgery that had not been anticipated. So I went through the weeks of being bed bound and having to learn to walk all over again. It sucked. But it was definitely a learning experience. One reason I don't give in to self pity as far as my physical limitations is because I've learned by looking around at other people and other patients, that there is always somebody who has it worse off than me.

I recognized you in the video because of your gorgeous brilliant smile. Even behind the sunglasses you looked so upbeat and happy to be out with the guys on a beautiful day. I wish you all the best Mark on your journey towards walking again.

And if you guys think that Mark wouldn't have a nice body...you couldn't be more wrong. He has a fantastic chest, arms and abs that the majority of 25 y/o's can only wish they had. :drool: He is so svelte, lean and muscled. Woof! :tongue_smilie: If you're wondering how I know that, you'll have to join BCB to find out. haha With his great body, great smile and passionate and deep Scorpio eyes that draw you right in...Mark is the total package.

As far as you walking, from your mouth to God's Ear.

Hey Mark,

In my life experience so far I have had a tiny hint of what your journey is like. When I was 8 years old I had a major surgery that left me bed bound for several weeks. Once the sutures had healed enough for me to start walking again I found that I no longer could. There had been so much muscle atrophy that I couldn't support my weight. And my body had forgotten how to walk. I had to either be in the wheelchair or carried around like a toddler. Eventually I regained my strength in spite of the bad back pain and tears that I went through to do it.

One day I was chasing the other kids down the hallway of the hospital (or vice versa :biggrin:) and I realized that I was keeping up with them. It dawned on me at that moment that I was feeling the best I had since the surgery. As fate would have it though the very next day they told my parents that they would have to do another surgery that had not been anticipated. So I went through the weeks of being bed bound and having to learn to walk all over again. It sucked. But it was definitely a learning experience. One reason I don't give in to self pity as far as my physical limitations is because I've learned by looking around at other people and other patients, that there is always somebody who has it worse off than me.

I recognized you in the video because of your gorgeous brilliant smile. Even behind the sunglasses you looked so upbeat and happy to be out with the guys on a beautiful day. I wish you all the best Mark on your journey towards walking again.

And if you guys think that Mark wouldn't have a nice body...you couldn't be more wrong. He has a fantastic chest, arms and abs that the majority of 25 y/o's can only wish they had. :drool: He is so svelte, lean and muscled. Woof! :tongue_smilie: If you're wondering how I know that, you'll have to join BCB to find out. haha With his great body, great smile and passionate and deep Scorpio eyes that draw you right in...Mark is the total package.

Thanks Tampa that is really nice of you to say (blush). Is there something on BCB I don't know about lol.

You are right there is so many people worse off and thinking that actually helped me get through a lot of things. I never really had much self pitty and I think everything I have been through has made me the person I am today. I'm glad you were able to get through your own experiences. :)

Mark

Mark, you obviously have a lot to be thankful for, as you yourself say. But that doesn't take away from the fact that you are very brave not to feel a little sorry for yourself at times. The persona that all of us on the forum have seen consistently since your very first post shows a laidback handsome guy brimming over with humor, responsiveness, generosity and efficiency. You let us into your life as well, comparing notes with guys who were coming out of relationships and giving them your take on the problems that come with that. And your compassion level is right up in the clouds dude: I personally know of stuff you've done in private that makes a lot of difference to the lives of people we all know; and it's beautiful to see you and our fellow forumites, who've been through some of the same stuff as you have, share encouragement and hope.

What an amazing atmosphere must reign out in Colorado at Blu. Not to get overly soppy here, but the word "hero" comes to mind. Thanks for everything mister.

Not to get overly soppy here, but the word "hero" comes to mind.
Agreed, 100%, but on the other hand, the work here is as common as dirt. Who wouldn't want to walk again? If it is at all in the realm of possibility, you just do what you have to do to make it happen.

Mark's an everyday hero.