• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Baseball 2015 - Play Ball

mikeyank

Long time forumite
Reaction score
Tonight is opening night in Wrigley Field in Chicago with St Louis in town, and there will be plenty of games on Monday. My Yanks open at Yankee Stadium against Toronto with Peter's Mariner's and former Yankee Robby Cano at home in Seattle, and little Johnny's defending World Series champs the Giants on the road, Tampa loves his Rays and his boyfriend, Evan Longoria. Rafe is a Pennsylvania boy but I forget who he roots for. It might be Baltimore.

Anyone else a baseball fan and are you ready for Opening Day? I am, as I'm on vacation this week and I have Yankee baseball in the afternoon and Duke basketball at night. Sounds like a pretty good day for me, especially if my teams can win!!!

th

Tonight is opening night in Wrigley Field in Chicago with St Louis in town, and there will be plenty of games on Monday. My Yanks open at Yankee Stadium against Toronto with Peter's Mariner's and former Yankee Robby Cano at home in Seattle, and little Johnny's defending World Series champs the Giants on the road, Tampa loves his Rays and his boyfriend, Evan Longoria. Rafe is a Pennsylvania boy but I forget who he roots for. It might be Baltimore.

Anyone else a baseball fan and are you ready for Opening Day? I am, as I'm on vacation this week and I have Yankee baseball in the afternoon and Duke basketball at night. Sounds like a pretty good day for me, especially if my teams can win!!!

th

Ha Ha Mike..Your SO Butch...One of the reasons I Love You So...
xoxo Johnny...

th

You forgot my Pirates!!

You Got It Mike...The O's...and I'm leaving the BUTCH thing alone....lololololololololololol......:thumbup::smiley-love021:

You Got It Mike...The O's...and I'm leaving the BUTCH thing alone....lololololololololololol......:thumbup::smiley-love021:
I hope your Orioles do better than my Yankees did today........a full house at Yankee Stadium, A-Rod got cheered and got a hit..........but the Yankees laid an egg. Oh well, still have a 161 games between now and the end of September to get their act together.

And I'm sorry Stowe. I had a senior moment and forgot about your Bucs. :crying2:

th

th

And I am butch.....I swear I am.....

th

Last edited:
I hope your Orioles do better than my Yankees did today........a full house at Yankee Stadium, A-Rod got cheered and got a hit..........but the Yankees laid an egg. Oh well, still have a 161 games between now and the end of September to get their act together.

I'm right there with you buddy. A full house at the Trop for the Rays...and nothing to cheer about. :/

Mariners won !!!! :lol:

I know this is totally random and off topic Peter. But I have started catching reruns of "Here Come the Brides" on cable. It's still fun to see Seattle portrayed as somewhere between Wild West and glorious untamed verdant forest land. All nestled in some bygone mythical place where the people, while not without their flaws, are hardworking and mostly very honorable.

Plus, seeing Bobby Sherman and David Soul in their prime is worth a watch too.

I know this is totally random and off topic Peter. But I have started catching reruns of "Here Come the Brides" on cable. It's still fun to see Seattle portrayed as somewhere between Wild West and glorious untamed verdant forest land. All nestled in some bygone mythical place where the people, while not without their flaws, are hardworking and mostly very honorable.

Plus, seeing Bobby Sherman and David Soul in their prime is worth a watch too.

Not sure if you've ever been here, but it is a city put right in the middle of a forest, surrounded by water and mountains. It's a very beautiful place to live. For a "big city" it does a have a laid back "grunge" feel to it like a small town.

Not sure if you've ever been here, but it is a city put right in the middle of a forest, surrounded by water and mountains. It's a very beautiful place to live. For a "big city" it does a have a laid back "grunge" feel to it like a small town.

I've never made it there unfortunately. Maybe some day. :)

Subway Series 2015 - Part 1

This is a very interesting baseball weekend in New York coming up. The Mets are riding high at 11-3 with the best record in baseball, as they come into Yankee Stadium for the first part of the Subway Series 2015. The Yankees after a 3-6 start have gotten hot on the road and are now 9-7 in a three way tie for first place in the American League East, so it will be a showdown of two first place teams.

The Yankees have been up for so long while the Mets have been so down, so the Met fans are looking for NYC dominance and the Yankee fans (like me), want to show the Mets which team owns NYC. It should be a good battle and I am looking forward to watching the games in three sold out games at Yankee Stadium.

Unfortunately it is unseasonably cold this weekend, but I am watching on TV from home. My first live in person game is coming up in a few weeks against Baltimore. (Sorry Rafe. Let's go Yanks!!!).

154289777.336.255.jpg

Yankees-Mets-Subway-Series-575x350.jpg

subwayseries.jpg

A-Rod

It's interesting how last year Alex Rodriguez was suspended for the whole season for steroids and he was public enemy #1 including in New York. Well he just hit homerun #661 to pass the great Willie Mays for 4th place on the all time list. And the crowd at The Stadium gave him a standing ovation as he gave a curtain call. Go figure.

I'm going to the game on Saturday afternoon and I'll cheer him. He's a Yankee and if he does well, the Yanks do well. And apparently the 40,000 or so at the Stadium tonight feel the same way.

This is the tying Willie Mays shot hit in Boston last weekend.

yankees-alex-rodriguez-home-run-willie-mays-661.jpg

baseball on the left coast

While I'm here in New York, my Yankees are going to visit the home towns of my forum buddies, Johnny & Peter.

Four games in Oakland, (right across the bay from Johnny) and three in Seattle. Go Yanks!!!

OAK-AS-vs.-NY-YANKEES.jpg

mariners-vs-yankees.png