• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

An unexpected Present for the New Year

cumrag27

BSB Addict
Reaction score
My sister recently visited me and while she was over, she insisted that I go on the internet to this "diet tracker" she uses to show me how it works. Standing directly over my shoulder, she was determined to go to this site on her mind.:bullwhip: So I woke up my computer and hit the IE icon when all of a sudden there was this large nude picture(24" wide computer screen) of Jason Matthews I had totally forgotten about.

"Because I have never felt the need:sneaky2: or willingness to "Come Out" to her(age 67 and I am 65) before, I had to explain the obvious in as emotionless a manner as I could possibly summons up. I turned towards her and said..."Yes I am GAY and I have always been so." Furthermore, I implored her that for me..."nothing WORSE could possibly be said to me after investing some 50+ years spent in utter silence, than telling me you had always suspected me of being GAY! I really can't imagine anything being more demeaning to me personally than that! So spare me this sentiment if it crossed your mind!"

While I was already on a roll at that point, I also stated..."it never was necessary for my sister's two sons having to declare their "Heterosexuality" to her. So why, then, should her younger brother have to bare his soul to her about something so personal? Frankly, I felt, with due justification, it was none of her business", I told her in my defense! feeling that I had no further options available at the time. I am not going to tell you about the momentary look on her face, other than to say she has always been obstinately a very independent person by her nature, with very little ability to emote regardless of when so set-upon verbally OR in routine conversation, she normally fails to show basic compassion!

I continued explaining to her that, because of my older brother's suicide in 1998, I had long before deliberately withheld this personal fact from my mother, who as a teenager had already been sexually abused by her father and upon her own mother's death, she had been placed in an Orphanage in Paris during the first rumblings of WWI and left the Orphanage when she reached age 13. Keep in mind when she was just barely turned 4 years old (her mother died due to an infection related to her second pregnancy at age 27.) This probably was due to the unavailability of any antibiotic known to Medical Science at the time in 1917.

So indirectly and without our silky-smooth friend even knowing about it, Jason had a hand in my having to Come-Out to my sister, when I had always planned otherwise. Since she is my only living relative in my home town, she has risen to the occasion and certainly did more than her share of accepting graciously my reality in a positive way. The next day we talked at length about my "secret life" (minus the icky bits of course) and I told her of my many infatuations and life-long loves and struggles I had never shared before. This more than anything else, gave her something she could at least relate to. She reassured me that she had always thought of me as being asexual and withdrawn when it came to romance. "All is well now and that, too, I owe to none other than Jason Matthews with his silky-smooth skin I can't seem to get enough."

A big "Thank you" also goes to Jason Matthews for popping up at just the right time, even if unplanned.:wink:

HAPPY NEW YEAR
FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY RECENTLY REVEALED SECRET HEART!

Sincerely,

Stimpy

Last edited:
Wonderful real life story Stimpy. I just love it when we expect a certain reaction from Family, and they surprise us with the opposite. Now you and Jason will have to hook-up for the occasion!!! :nicethread:

What a story Stimpy. haha

I'm glad it had a happy ending. I'm also sure that Jason would be pleased to know that he helped break the ice in coming out to such a close family member.

What a wonderful story. I am delighted that all worked out well for you. I never really had the opportunity to hide my sexuality form the family. My father came into the garage one day when he was supposedly still at work and discovered me making out with my boyfriend. I was 14. I have to say he handled it pretty well for a Navy CPO. He also did not tell the father of the kid I was with which was probably a good thing, since he was also a Navy brat and his dad was not known to be an open minded kind of guy. He was still trying to deal with the end of segregation in the service.

Thank-you Stimpy, Your story relates to many of us who have never written it down. I was pretty much rejected by family after they showered me with "boy's toys, guns, sports equip., Season football tickets, and my "behavior" didn't change. So I only had contact with one aunt, while she was living. My mother just looked at me with disgust and called me various names. My dad was bound and determined to "beat" the gay away. All this, and I never really "came out" to any of them. All of them are gone, now, leaving me as sole survivor. I assumed at a young age that I was an "embarrassment" to them and when I turned 17, I left, on my own, very little money, etc. But here is why your story is so important. Your catalyst was Jason (What a level headed nice guy). You got me to write a "minimal" few words about mine,. Young gays today are committing suicide at alarming rates, as well as 22 of my fellow veterans every day. But that's another story. Keep your conversation going, if you can, and save a life. It could be that dirty looking kid walking/begging on the street. Some turn to prostitution to support themselves. Be a catalyst for just one this year! Go to where to audience is.

I join the chorus in offering my thanks and praising you Stimpy for sharing with your forum family, how you extemporaneously handled what could have been an embarrassing situation with your sister. Your sister sounds like a pretty cool lady herself, and I would have to think that you feel that a weight has been lifted in your relationship with her now.

All in all, it is a heart warming holiday story for the ages, and of course it is so fitting that your personal favorite model Jason Matthews, (with his silky smooth skin) was the one who "assisted" in your coming out at age 65. :thumbup:

Thank you Stimpy for sharing your personal "triumph" as I see it. With all of the forward movement I've seen in my life time, the struggle to be accepted for who we are as people, particularly among the one's who mean the most to us, our family members, can be the greatest struggle of all. Also, thank you Kylebrand.

Thank you for your support

With all humility, I really did not expect such a positive response. Thank you all for being so supportive. I am very appreciative that at my advanced age, the timing of this situation did not turn you off. Because we came from a relatively liberal maternal upbringing, I already knew that I was not going to be rejected based on my sister's prejudices.

Furthermore, I fully realize that compared to others that face total rejection from their own family, from the beginning I was more fortunate because I already knew my sister had a more accepting point of view toward homosexuality. What has to be so tragic at such a vulnerable time in the fragile lives of other's is that they could be so stifled and face being shunned totally due their inability of accepting the apparently unforgiveable crime of simply being yourself.

Thanks for listening and allowing others to be their genuine self,

Stimpy

Good to know you!

Thank-you Stimpy, Your story relates to many of us who have never written it down. I was pretty much rejected by family after they showered me with "boy's toys, guns, sports equip., Season football tickets, and my "behavior" didn't change. So I only had contact with one aunt, while she was living. My mother just looked at me with disgust and called me various names. My dad was bound and determined to "beat" the gay away. All this, and I never really "came out" to any of them. All of them are gone, now, leaving me as sole survivor. I assumed at a young age that I was an "embarrassment" to them and when I turned 17, I left, on my own, very little money, etc. But here is why your story is so important. Your catalyst was Jason (What a level headed nice guy). You got me to write a "minimal" few words about mine,. Young gays today are committing suicide at alarming rates, as well as 22 of my fellow veterans every day. But that's another story. Keep your conversation going, if you can, and save a life. It could be that dirty looking kid walking/begging on the street. Some turn to prostitution to support themselves. Be a catalyst for just one this year! Go to where to audience is.

Dear Kylebrand,

Your comments really touched my heart. It is good that we have had this chance to get to know each other a little better. I have not had the hard way to go as you had, when you were left to your own resourcefulness before you had even finished high school. Even though the years have come and gone, you responded positively to the resulting challenges this offered you and had to contribute overall to the man you are today! I feel we can get through most any adversity if we attempt to make the best of a lousy situation, as it surely tends to strengthens one's character. I sense you have a positive grasp on your life and where you are going. You are to be commended for your many successes and near successes! You faced your problems head-on as the MAN you are! I am PROUD TO KNOW YOU!

Please stay in touch if you have a mind to! I will put out the :welcome9: mat for you!

Sincerely,

Stimpy