• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

What's everybody up to this summer?

lpdude86

Reaction score
Howdy forumites!

I have not been on the forum much this summer because of my summer job so I though I would stop by and say hello to everyone, so ))))HELLO Everyone(((((!

I have been working with a concert promoter this summer and we have been doing outdoor festivals and such. It has been a lot of fun (except when it rains). I have met some real cool people like Jason Bonham from the Led Zepplin experience :rock:and most recently Kellie Pickler:radioe30:. She is a real cutie pie. I have 2 more weeks of work and then a week off before returning to college.

The worst thing that has happened to me and my family was a flood that hit my home town at the end of August. My city has never flooded and alot of damage was done. My mom called me at work, I was only 10 minutes away that day, because water was coming in our 1st floor ceiling. I thought she had lost her grip of reality until I saw it for myself. How could water come through a first floor ceiling when another floor and attic are above it. I soon got a dose of engineering logic. The water in our basement got to 2 feet and we lost our furnace, hot water tank and a lot of childhood toys and boxed up memories. Now we just have to wait for the government to decide whether they are going to help people in my town with expenses. The insurance companies have denied us. We had damage but some businesses and home were a total loss. What an experience. I just hope that the money comes through to help my mom fix the damages. We have an addition off of our house that sits on piers, part of that room has dropped 8 inches (real inches not internet inches)., it needs to be torn off and rebuilt from what the engineers that have toured our area have told us.

Well, anyhow, enough about me. I do come on read the postings when I have a free minute, some of the videos have been great, perfect stress relievers if you know what I mean.

I started this thread to see what everyone has been up to this summer, so what have you all been up to?

That all for now I am off to my annual family picnic. No rain today thank goodness. It seems to rain more than be sunny in my part of New York state.:biggrin:

I hope everyone is well and I hope to hear from you all.
Lpdude

I am directing a production of Monty Phython's Spamamlot

..."The worst thing that has happened to me and my family was a flood that hit my home town at the end of August. My city has never flooded and alot of damage was done."

Did you mean, the end of JULY? If so, was that the Utica/Herkimer area? Still, it sucks. I missed the flood of 2006 in my area but, got to experience another one in 2011 as I moved to this area of upstate. Fortunately, it wasn't quite as bad as the flood 5 years prior!

Good luck with your endeavors!

Last edited:
No it was June 28th Lockport NY. We had over 5 inches of rain in an hour. The we had another 4 inches in July but we did not flood because it was spread out over 6 hours.
Thank you for your response.

I don't get my vacation until later in September, but I did spend a three day weekend upstate New York near Rhinebeck visiting my oldest friend who I grew up with. He and his partner now live in an old house on a beautiful property with a lake on their property too. And instead of driving, he encouraged me to take the Amtrak rail line. It was my first train trip, (subways don't count), and the train left Penn Station and went north up and along the Hudson River and hugged the coastline with spectacular views all the way upstate. I may go back to visit again in the autumn when the foliage will be spectacular.

I don't get my vacation until later in September, but I did spend a three day weekend upstate New York near Rhinebeck visiting my oldest friend who I grew up with. He and his partner now live in an old house on a beautiful property with a lake on their property too. And instead of driving, he encouraged me to take the Amtrak rail line. It was my first train trip, (subways don't count), and the train left Penn Station and went north up and along the Hudson River and hugged the coastline with spectacular views all the way upstate. I may go back to visit again in the autumn when the foliage will be spectacular.
Sounds beautiful!! You can take a short 4 hour train ride from Seattle to Vancouver, BC or Sea to Portland, Or either one is such a beautiful ride along the coastline of Puget Sound, with lovely mountain ranges.