• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

two finger sign

popez2

Virgin
Reaction score
Never been here before but just curious...the two finger sign that is often given by the Broke Straight Boys models...does that have a paticular sugnificence or is it just a sign.... Only seen it here and was just wondering.:confused1::biggrin:

I love this question. For the most part it means solidarity. I'm with you.

Historically, if the palm is toward you it means 'fuck you' - coming from Battle of Agincourt when the British archers so defeated the French that when the French captured one they threatened to cut off the fingers needed to draw the bow. To taunt the French the Brits held up their bow fingers as if to say 'fuck you, I can still shoot.' If the palm is away from you it goes to Winston Churchill and meant 'V' for victory in World War II.

It can also be traced back earlier than that when it was the sign of the devil's horns or the sign that a man had been cuckolded.

Today, it's just a sort of universal brotherhood - togetherness, unity, solidarity. My students do it all the time and so do my kids.

Welcome to the forum Popez2! Don't be a stranger.

Is he talking about the peace sign??

miley-cyrus_peace.jpg

Sorry Popez2, he should have mentioned that in the 60s and 70s it was adopted by the counterculter (hippies) to mean "Peace - or victory for peace and truth." He should also have mentioned it is used by the Catholic Church as a Benediction, it is used in sign language as the letter "V," it is used by touching the eyes of the user to indicate "I am watching you," and small children hold it up in class to mean "I gotta take a shit." However, in modern street talk - it means "solidarity, unity, together," even when it is accompanied by the spoken word "peace." "Peace and unity, my brother."

Attachments

• angry.jpg
    angry.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 86
  • blessing.jpg
    blessing.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 115
  • child.jpg
    child.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 86
  • devilhorns.jpg
    devilhorns.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 86
  • gangsign_1.jpg
    gangsign_1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 84
However, in modern street talk - it means "solidarity, unity, together," even when it is accompanied by the spoken word "peace." "Peace and unity, my brother."

Not arguing, but I highly doubt that many of the today's "modern street talkers" are using the terminology and/or gesture for anything that deep or meaningful.

When you see/hear that among most younger people (especially college-aged guys) it either means:
1) See ya later
or
2) Fuck off
depending on the context.

I love this question. For the most part it means solidarity. I'm with you.

Historically, if the palm is toward you it means 'fuck you' - coming from Battle of Agincourt when the British archers so defeated the French that when the French captured one they threatened to cut off the fingers needed to draw the bow. To taunt the French the Brits held up their bow fingers as if to say 'fuck you, I can still shoot.' If the palm is away from you it goes to Winston Churchill and meant 'V' for victory in World War II.

It can also be traced back earlier than that when it was the sign of the devil's horns or the sign that a man had been cuckolded.

Today, it's just a sort of universal brotherhood - togetherness, unity, solidarity. My students do it all the time and so do my kids.

Welcome to the forum Popez2! Don't be a stranger.

LOL Rifle, we've told many countries to Fuck off in the past especially the French lol, but of course mainly Hitler - good old Winnie.

Today in the UK if you show the Vs pointing upwards in an arrogant nature with the palm of your hand facing towards your face then that is Fuck off in a nasty way. If you have the same two finger pointing sideways then that is some of kind of cool act from the brothers in the hood. Showing Vs with the palm facing away from your face is for Victory.