• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Time Warner metering Road Runner

GreatLakes2

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my RoadRunner service here. I don't want to see them charging me more based on usage. The appeal of going with RR in the first place is for things such as unlimited long distance 24/7 and unlimited internet use. If they start toying with those concepts people are bound to start comparing other companies' plans. RR is not a monopoly. If they start to act or think like they are one then they will lose customers quickly.

We are on a Bundle Package plan with Comcast, where we get cable, internet and unlimited long distance phone service including calls to Canada. I think our entire package with taxes and such are about $112.00 per month.
Gary

Time Warner might be opening themselves up to a world of hurt.

Has anyone read Freakonomics? There was a case study in there about Japanese day care centers. The rule was you had to pick up your child by 6pm. Most everyone complied and exceptions were few and usually legitmate.

They decided to start charging about $3 if you were late. Extended day care for just $3? What a bargain! Parents were showing up late left and right. They tried dropping the fee to see if the genie would go back in the bottle but to no avail.

Time Warner may end up in the same boat. If they make the overage charges too low, people might start downloading more than ever. If they make them too high, people will start looking at Clear Wire or DSL.

Some analysts think this might be a way for TW to save their cable TV business model. If everyone is streaming Hulu and Netflix, why sign up for HBO and pay-per-view?

Rochester's biggest industry was Eastman Kodak. 25 years ago they employed 60,000 people here. They also did not want to adapt to a new business model and are now down to less than 9,000 employees.

I wonder if the people that made these:
imprinter800b520.jpg

ever saw these coming?:
3740%20no%20words.jpg

We are on a Bundle Package plan with Comcast, where we get cable, internet and unlimited long distance phone service including calls to Canada. I think our entire package with taxes and such are about $112.00 per month.
Gary

Damn you really can't beat that ;)