• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

The things we take for granted.

joninliverton

BSB Addict
Reaction score
Who would have thought that having no internet since last week would have caused me so much hassle. As well as not been able to watch any of the Broke Straight Boys films, I also use the internet to watch old episodes from the BBC and other terrestial channels we have in the UK, as well as download music.

I also stayed at home from 1pm-6pm on Saturday awaiting a visit of the BT engineer. At 530pm I called the BT customer service line (in India) and was informed that although they had booked the engineer, the engineering dept had not received the booking. Now, because of today's bank holiday, the eng will not be here until tomorrow.

Of course what made the situation much worse is that the lousy cold weather we've had this weekend.

P.S I did have some access to the internet which is why I am able to post this - just that the download speeds are so pathetic I cannot watch or download anything.

Last edited:
Hey Jon,

Sorry to hear that you've been struggling with the computer. And I know how maddening it can be to try to understand and deal with those Indian customer service reps. We look forward to having you back with us soon.

Who would have thought that having no internet since last week would have caused me so much hassle. As well as not been able to watch any of the Broke Straight Boys films, I also use the internet to watch old episodes from the BBC and other terrestial channels we have in the UK, as well as download music.

I also stayed at home from 1pm-6pm on Saturday awaiting a visit of the BT engineer. At 530pm I called the BT customer service line (in India) and was informed that although they had booked the engineer, the engineering dept had not received the booking. Now, because of today's bank holiday, the eng will not be here until tomorrow.

Of course what made the situation much worse is that the lousy cold weather we've had this weekend.

P.S I did have some access to the internet which is why I am able to post this - just that the download speeds are so pathetic I cannot watch or download anything.

Funny u say that Jon... My TV broke about 3 months ago and myself and my partner Bryan elected not to buy a new one and instead just use out lap tops to catch up on anything we wanna watch. I cant get BT broadband its Sky ot Virgin.. Last week we were sitting watch a movie online and the internet went down.. Virgin error - we both sorta looked at each other and really didnt know what to do! :001_unsure: but we struggled through :tongue_smilie::blushing::tongue_smilie:
It is crazy how we now take high speed broadband as standard, and feel left in the dark ages whever there is a connection issue.

Peace and Love
jx

p.s Enjoy the long weekend!

sorry to here that John, when the tech get's there I hope he's good looking. Maybe it'll make up for some of the problem.

Why do the Banker get a holiday?

sorry to here that John, when the tech get's there I hope he's good looking. Maybe it'll make up for some of the problem.

Why do the Banker get a holiday?

It's one of the 8 - I think - official holidays that England get each day. Today is May Bank holiday to celebrate May day, others are. The brits call them bank holidays because that is when most of the public services are closed as well as banks. Before greed set in, ALL shops etc were closed on these 8 days - now because of greed most are open

Xmas Day
Boxing Day
New Years Day
Good Friday
Easter Monday
May Day
Late May - Whitsun
Late August Bank Holiday

Boxing Day
Late May - Whitsun
Late August Bank Holiday

The rest of the ones on the list are pretty straight forward. Can you or another Brit explain to us yanks what these other holidays represent? I admit that I already have a pretty good idea of 2 of them. Only because I've lived in Europe. But it would be fun to talk about and share the background and reasons for all 3.