• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Signs of the Times.

Markymark

BSB Addict
Reaction score
Normally I wouldn't bother with this, but, considering the emotional state of the Nation and the tough times many are having now, I thought this was, well, pithy, to say the least.

This morning, Carl and I took the car in for an alignment, and had breakfast at this little cafe next door to the shop. The place looked, well,
like a drag queen convention had exploded in there. There was Kitsch everywhere. License plates, trains, mineral/gem collections, Jackelope, you get the idea. Buried among the stuff on a back wall was a small plaque which read,

"Sad looks back
Hope looks forward.
Hate looks down.
Care looks around and
Joy looks up.

Have a Care to remain Joy full and Hope full,
and you'll never Back down from Life!"

In this day and age, a wise thought indeed.
Does anyone else have similar stories? I'd love if we could share them here.

In Hope, I am,:001_smile:

I don't have a story like that, Marky, but I enjoyed yours! Too bad the plaque was buried in the back. It should have center stage!

Normally I wouldn't bother with this, but, considering the emotional state of the Nation and the tough times many are having now, I thought this was, well, pithy, to say the least.

This morning, Carl and I took the car in for an alignment, and had breakfast at this little cafe next door to the shop. The place looked, well,
like a drag queen convention had exploded in there. There was Kitsch everywhere. License plates, trains, mineral/gem collections, Jackelope, you get the idea. Buried among the stuff on a back wall was a small plaque which read,

"Sad looks back
Hope looks forward.
Hate looks down.
Care looks around and
Joy looks up.

That's a really good prespectrive to take. Thanks M&M. I'm baffled by one thing though. Jackelope? What's that?

That's a really good prespectrive to take. Thanks M&M. I'm baffled by one thing though. Jackelope? What's that?

Tampa, it is a sort of running gag. Antelope simulated antlers are set on a taxidermist mounted rabbit. Hence Jackalope. Truly a redneck symbol. LOL!

"Sad looks back
Hope looks forward.
Hate looks down.
Care looks around and
Joy looks up.

Thanks for sharing M&M

Tampa, it is a sort of running gag. Antelope simulated antlers are set on a taxidermist mounted rabbit. Hence Jackalope. Truly a redneck symbol. LOL!

Thanks Paris! I hardly feel deprived never having had the pleasure yet of seeing one. LOL

If you've seen one, you've seen them all!! :lol:
Well, now Paris, I don't know that that stmt. is always true, Some Jackelope, (there are lots out here in Ca.) seem to be "Hornier" than others, but then that's the nature of wild Rabbits, Hares and Bunnies, I hear! LOL.:wink:

LOL, I am,