• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Neil Young - Heart of Gold

joninliverton

BSB Addict
Reaction score
Hi,

A few of you might know that I'm a great lover of CSNY and other 70s folk music - mainly passed down to me from my late daddy - we call him father. Anyway before my daddy died, he bought me Neil Young's Heart of God DVD which Neil recorded whilst under threat of an amurism in 2005. So here I am on a sunday evening watching the DVD with my dog and 21 year old cat that has dementure - and the music is doing my head in.

I love you Americans or Canadians where Neil is concerned - I just wished I had been born 30 years earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcGeuS7HXpQ

Hi,

A few of you might know that I'm a great lover of CSNY and other 70s folk music - mainly passed down to me from my late daddy - we call him father. Anyway before my daddy died, he bought me Neil Young's Heart of God DVD which Neil recorded whilst under threat of an amurism in 2005. So here I am on a sunday evening watching the DVD with my dog and 21 year old cat that has dementure - and the music is doing my head in.

I love you Americans or Canadians where Neil is concerned - I just wished I had been born 30 years earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcGeuS7HXpQ
You Jon, your late father and I all agree on music, and you would have been welcome to go to to a Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young concert with me if you were born 30 years sooner. The music was great, and we could have shared bong hits too. :thumbup1:

I love reading Neil's biography and it's interesting to read his account of the tate a tate he had with Ronnie Van Zant from Lynard Skynard. Of course LS had a massive hit with Sweet Home Alabama which they refer to Neil at least 3 times. "a southern don't need him around anyhow". Referring of course to Neils classic Southern Man track in which he his highly critical of the way the blacks were treated, his song Alabama also refers to this.

However, both Neil and Ronnie got on great and it is said that Ronnie went to his grave in a Neil Young tee shirt.

I was fortunate enough to grow up in that era, and take it from me and my arthritis, no, you do not wish you were born 30 years sooner. Music lasts, but your health doesn't.